Senate Approval Rating and Analysis

Senate Approval Ratings

Written By: JayDee

With Senate standing on the horizon, it’s time for the EBC to finally break down how this historic Senate term stands up against previous term. At 105 days, this term has been one of, if not the, longest terms ever. Coincidentally enough, it may just be one of the last. With the reform package moving at a much greater pace, it is likely the next term’s Senate will be the very last one before we see a revising of our political system. So let’s review the Senators who had a hand in this reform and were their approval stands.

Leading the pack at 84% approval rating and no disapproval ratings, HEM’s popularity is quite evident. While he was the one to initially lead the reform exit, it seems he has been pleased to take a more advisory role as people like Kari and Prim take up the mantle. However, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows, some people seem to be concerned with HEM’s sudden disappearance. However, he has since re-emerged and been an active voice in the new reform discussions.

Great contributions at first then disappeared

In terms of electability, HEM once again puts up strong numbers. 88% declared they would vote for HEM again if he ran in the upcoming Senate election. There were no comments on these numbers, but his high approval ratings speaks for itself.

Making a large comeback and boasting the second highest approval ratings, JayDee sits comfortably at 68% approval ratings and and only 8% disapproval ratings. Despite coming in second, JayDee still sits well below HEM in terms of favorability, with a 16% difference. This might be in part because of his past which is well known by most and his relative inactivity towards the beginning of the term. However, he has since picked it up and boasts strong approval ratings.

Hardworking. Would vote again

Was a positive contribution to the reform ideas

Most peculiar about the poll results is that, despite a 16% difference in approval ratings, JayDee actually finds himself sitting ahead of HEM in terms of electability. 92% of pollsters said they would vote for JayDee if he chose to run again in the next election, 4% more than HEM. In total, that’s a one person difference, but the difference between approval ratings and electability is rather odd.

Good voice aligns with my views

Sitting just below JayDee at 64% approval ratings and 12% disapproval, Speaker Aex had a pretty good term. While somewhat inactive at some points, only popping up to open votes as some pointed out, he was a positive contributor during the reform discussions and kept the Senate working efficiently. The other comments seem to agree that Aex did a good job keeping the Senate alive and going. Getting the War Time Powers Amendment and Declaration of War through the Senate in quick succession.

Highly inactive. Only around for votes. Never posts a thing different than votes. Highly inactive figure.

Great work from the Speaker!

Kept things going

Aex also finds himself more electable than his approval ratings would suggest, with 72% saying they would vote for him if he ran again. However, he still falls well behind JayDee and HEM. Aex’s work as Speaker and his contributions to reform probably put him in a favorable light amongst the voting population. Add his unrivaled experience on top and you have an attractive figure for re-election.

Strong leader

At a marginal 52% approval ratings and somewhat surprising 24% disapproval ratings, Prim finds himself well below the Speaker in terms of favorability. Despite being one of the more active voices in the Senate, even cranking out a fully fleshed reform proposal, he sits in the middle of the road in terms of favorability. His activity may have, ironically, been his downfall as some might find his unicameral proposal to be less ideal than Kari’s Lazarus Project.

Very active presence and had some great ideas

However, Prim still finds himself very electable with 68% saying they would vote for him again if he chose to run. That’s only 4% behind the Speaker who boasted approval ratings 12% higher. While Prim’s work may have left a sour taste in some people’s mouth, it seems they still value his efforts and contributions to the reform and hope to see more of him.

Near the bottom of the pack is Senator GraVandius with only 32% approval ratings to 44% disapproval. The first of the six senators to have greater disapproval ratings than approval ratings, GraVandius’ inactivity certainly didn’t do him any favors. One fellow Senator even felt compelled to admit that s/he forgot GraVandius was a Senator. The other comment didn’t provide any relief.

Forgot he was a Senator...and I’m a Senator

He doesn't do anything

Despite the clear disapproval, GraVandius manages to convince a narrow majority that he’s worth re-electing. At 52%, GraVandius would likely have a hard time securing a seat on the Senate in a crowded field, but the chance is still very possible if he puts up a good showing.

Inactive

At the very bottom of the sitting senators, Senator Kari holds 36% approval ratings, only slightly larger than Senator GraVandius’ ratings. However, with 52% disapproval, Kari finds herself dealing with a population that is very much against her. The comments suggest that many are growing wary of her aggressive nature and view her as arrogant. One comment had to be censored, unfortunately, as it was not seen as appropriate. The answer was still recorded, however the harmful comment will not be shown in the regular article.

I think Kari is a machine, she is always writing new legislation and new ideas.

Stop bitching bitch

Great ideas but a bit abrasive sometimes.

She is rude, irritating, bothersome and plaguey.

Kari is mean always trying to pick on someone, her arrogant and toxic attitude can be very tiring

Like GraVandius, however, Kari still finds herself with a narrow majority stating their intention to vote for her if she chose to run. With 52%, Kari would also have a hard time in a more crowded, but her unrivaled contribution to the reform would most likely bolster her chances of getting elected. That is if she can show herself to be a more agreeable person.

Kari should run for Speaker
She is very toxic and shouldn't be in the senate

Overall, this Senate proved to have a very successful term. With an overall approval rating of 76% and disapproval ratings of only 8%, the Senate as a whole would find itself sitting in second in terms of overall approval ratings if rated as an individual senator. Another somewhat peculiar result as the Senate approval ratings as a whole usually fall somewhere in the middle. This may suggest that people like the efforts of the Senate as a whole in getting reform discussion through, but grew tiresome of some of the individual efforts within.

Pretty active and some good ideas being thrown around. I’m feeling good about the reform.

One of the last things the poll asked for was the preferred number of seats for the upcoming term. A good plurality declared they were unsure, but another clear plurality, 26%, stated they would like to see six seats this upcoming terms and 24% stated they’d like to see the size reduced to five seats.

JayDee (2)
Whitmark (2)
Pichto (2)
Punchwood (2)
Aexnidaral
Bowzin
Cool Spring
Cuddlebuns
Deepest House
Drecq
HEM
Kari

Should I be surprised that Kari and Prim have numbers all over the map? No. Should I be surprised that people have used anonymous comments to make personal attacks against a player in this region? No, sadly. Such civil discourse *eye roll*

I am surprised by the lack of comments about Prim (and the disparity in his re-electability versus Kari's is very interesting). On the one hand, you could argue that Prim may be disagreeable but people respect how he handles himself and his position (vs. Kari); on the other hand, I think it may just be easier to character assassinate Kari for some players in Euro.

I am surprised by the lack of comments about Prim (and the disparity in his re-electability versus Kari's is very interesting). On the one hand, you could argue that Prim may be disagreeable but people respect how he handles himself and his position (vs. Kari); on the other hand, I think it may just be easier to character assassinate Kari for some players in Euro.
This kinda stuck out to me too but I didn't make note of it outside of my head really. It seems that whenever there is a biteback on Prim and Kari, Kari takes the blunt of it. IDK if its some anti-woman thing, (i hope not thats really effed up) or just because she is a bit more public about some ideas.

alas

I think Kari can just come off a little more abrasive

When a guy sticks up for their principles or states their unvarnished opinion they are; assertive, principled, forthright, sincere, candid or no-nonsense.

When a woman does the same she is abrasive, arrogant, toxic or aloof. -_-

While Senator Kari and I have found ourselves at odds, I wholly condemn the vile insult that was used to describe her. While you may not agree with the way she conducts herself, there is no denying her contributions to our region. We are better than this.

When a guy sticks up for their principles or states their unvarnished opinion they are; assertive, principled, forthright, sincere, candid or no-nonsense.

When a woman does the same she is abrasive, arrogant, toxic or aloof. -_-
I do not treat or view women any differently than I do men, and I don't appreciate the implication that I do. There is no denying you are a little more aggressive with people than others in the region. Reasonably so as you are a Senator in a political region which will argue to no ends, but abrasive and aggressive nonetheless.

I do not treat or view women any differently than I do men, and I don't appreciate the implication that I do. There is no denying you are a little more aggressive with people than others in the region. Reasonably so as you are a Senator in a political region which will argue to no ends, but abrasive and aggressive nonetheless.
That was aimed at the anonymous google doc poll comment, not you. Though I can see how that confusion arose and you have my apologies as it was not my intent to implicate you in it.

That was aimed at the anonymous google doc poll comment, not you. Though I can see how that confusion arose and you have my apologies as it was not my intent to implicate you in it.
All is good, just wanted to make sure that was clear

"Kari shows weakness in public too" - Anonymous commenter's likely thought right now

I wouldn't throw sexism around so freely. We should just call out the comment for what it is. It's a pathetic attempt to take a shot at a sitting senator while hiding behind the veil of anonymity. I don't know what their motives were and I don't particularly care. They have forfeited their integrity and with their integrity goes any regard I have for their motives.

Does my comment seem harsh? Yeah, it probably does, but I hope this person will think twice in the future before deciding to make such a comment. I find it ironic that they are too afraid to express their concerns against the one of the few people I know who has never been afraid to express herself. Their hypocrisy shines brightly.

I didn’t participate in this poll, but I completely understand the perception around Kari’s attitude and behavior.

I was once running for office and reached out to Kari to see if she had any questions.

DH: “Anyway, I know we haven’t spoken much but wanted to reach out to see if you had any questions about our platform and if we can earn your vote.”

Kari: “i'm more than capable of asking questions w/o being prompted DH”

That is pretty par for he course from Kari. Harsh, abrasive, and unnecessary. Calling that behavior out isn’t sexist, it’s prudent while trying to promote common decency.

I think she has had similar interactions with many people in the region, and they are expressing their displeasure with that behavior in this poll. The censored comment was inappropriate and not necessary, and she shouldn’t be subjected to that kind of behavior, either.

Calling it out in public is one thing. Making crude comments anonymously is completely different.

Kari can be quite crude and I’ll admit it has set me on edge multiple times, but I’ve never been tempted to say anything against her behind her back.

Problems are best solved when you address them head-on. If you have a problem with Kari, anonymous comments won't do anything. Publicly or privately stating your problems with her to her, now that has potential to get you somewhere.

For clarity I immediately apologized to DH after that exchange:

discord said:
Deepest House29/05/2018
Hey Kari :wave:

Kari29/05/2018
hey DH

Deepest House29/05/2018
How are you?

Kari29/05/2018
ok, and you?

Deepest House29/05/2018
Doing well
Just working
Anyway, I know we haven’t spoken much but wanted to reach out to see if you had any questions about our platform and if we can earn your vote
We have good candidates this election, so I know the choice is tough
And I want you to know that I want you have all the information you need

Kari29/05/2018
i'm more than capable of asking questions w/o being prompted DH

Deepest House29/05/2018
That was not the implication, Kari
I’m simply being proactive, that’s all
Have I offended you in some way yo receive such a response? Certainly wasn’t my intent

Kari29/05/2018
no, i was just after having a massive fight with someone IRL, my apologies if it came of as blunt/cutting

Deepest House29/05/2018
It’s ok
I figured you may have been having a bad day
That’s why I didn’t snap back
You never know what someone is going trough or dealing with, especially online

Kari29/05/2018
but ya, i've been reading all of the platforms, if i have any questions i'll ask them later when i have a more comfortable place to type

Deepest House29/05/2018
Sounds good. I hope we can earn your vote!

Looks like we double posted!
Looks like you posted a specific part of a conversation to create a narrative that suited your desires for how you wished it to be viewed, rather than the full story.

Back