Rand

The Ven.
Security Council
Senator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Bar Secretary
Discord Moderator
What's the point of the Apply for a Newspaper thread? The Minister of Communications just copy/pastes it to the Admin Task Thread. The only time I can remember an application being denied, the applicant filed a Judicial Review and had the Minister's denial overturned on the basis that it hampered his freedom of speech. I'm just quickly writing this post, so I didn't have time to go find it.

Wouldn't it be simpler if we just let the admins make newspapers like we do with parties?

Only one application was denied, if you're correct, but that doesn't mean that all others were accepted. When I was MinComm, I discussed some applications with their creators again if it seemed to me like it wasn't a sustainable project, and sometimes we privately agreed on not pursuing the application.

Of course, admins could do exactly the same.

Who cares? Making more forums doesn't cost us any money.

By that logic, you wouldn't need to delete them either. Yet that's what is done -- And I believe rightfully so. The forums are pretty crammed as it is.

Rand said:
What's the point of the Apply for a Newspaper thread? The Minister of Communications just copy/pastes it to the Admin Task Thread. The only time I can remember an application being denied, the applicant filed a Judicial Review and had the Minister's denial overturned on the basis that it hampered his freedom of speech. I'm just quickly writing this post, so I didn't have time to go find it.

Wouldn't it be simpler if we just let the admins make newspapers like we do with parties?
Yes, and I'd venture to guess that admins would be more consistent term-to-term in terms of what to approve and deny. It would vary by the amount per bribe though.

Back