[SATIRE] Senate Speaker Lloenflys Hospitalised For Dehydration

Forilian

no longer relevant
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
3rd May, 2020

SENATE BUILDING, ARNHELM-
In today’s Senate meeting, Senate Speaker Lloenflys was rushed to hospital after collapsing in the middle of his speech. One Senator reported that Lloenflys had been looking quite pale shortly before he collapsed, and it was also noticed that his glass of water, prepared for every Senator in a meeting, was untouched since the 22nd of December, 2019.

Further investigation by the doctor revealed that Lloenflys was severely dehydrated due to talking continuously without drinking since he became Senate Speaker on the 22nd of December, and that his custom title “Speaking since at least December 22nd, 2019” was very literal. Lloenflys will return to work at noon CT to host the Chief of State Election, but will be hooked to an IV drip to ensure that he can continue talking without collapsing again.
————————————————————————————————
This is a satirical piece. If you would like to join A Real Newspaper, please contact me.
A REAL NEWSPAPER -EUROPEIA’S FINEST NEWS SOURCE

The injustices of the overwork associated with the position of Speaker must be ended now. I propose we rename the office to Senate Looker. Anything more strenuous is frankly a travesty

I'm sorry, but I have been wearing very flattering decorative robes while sitting in on Senate business as Supreme Chancellor and an Honored Citizen. I apologize, @Lloenflys , for perpetually making you so damn thirsty.

I'm sorry, but I have been wearing very flattering decorative robes while sitting in on Senate business as Supreme Chancellor and an Honored Citizen. I apologize, @Lloenflys , for perpetually making you so damn thirsty.
No worries, Lethen, Lloen is on an IV drip now, he won’t collapse :p

Back