[SATIRE] HEM Renounces Abdication, Claiming He Was Drunk In 2007 Abdication And Just Got Over Hangover

Forilian

no longer relevant
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
1st May, 2020

HEM'S RESIDENCE, ARNHELM-
HEM, the founder of Arnhelm, has announced that he is renouncing his abdication, claiming that he was drunk during the 2007 abdication speech and thus it shouldn't count.

When HEM was asked about this, he said, "I just had a bad day that day, y'know? So I just had some to drink. Some turned into a gallon jug of vodka, and I was blackout drunk. I had an abdication speech ready, but I was going to announce it later, when Lethen stops pinging @everyone. We all make mistakes, especially when drunk, and I just clicked the 'post' button by mistake! I woke up yesterday to find some really long hair, it was 2020, it's dead silent outside, and I was no longer King! I pieced together what happened, and now I'd like to make it right!"

A source close to HEM says that HEM will abdicate when Lethen stops pinging @everyone.

In other news, Pichtonia is singing drunk on the streets of Arnhelm. The Senate is trying to record it and make it the regional anthem.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a satirical piece. If you would like to join A Real Newspaper, please contact me.
A REAL NEWSPAPER- EUROPEIA'S FINEST NEWS SOURCE

13 year old HEM needed serious help.
He had a bad day :p
13 year old HEM needed some serious help.
Is this actually true IRL?
almost certainly.
If this is actually true and I accidentally made fun of you, please accept my apologies @HEM
I needed serious help (as all 13-year-olds do :p ) but I did not have a drinking problem -- nothing to worry about!

Back