[SATIRE] Entire Senate Runs For Chief of State, Meaning Everyone Has To Abstain From Voting

Forilian

no longer relevant
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
30th April, 2020

SENATE BUILDING, ARNHELM
- In a major twist in the Chief of State Election, the entire Senate has declared their bid for Senate, including the new Senator-Elect, who hasn't even been elected yet.

According to sources close to the Senate, that means that every member will have to abstain from voting, meaning that no Chief of State can be elected. Currently, all hell has broken loose in the government as everyone tries to figure out what to do next. There will be more information out soon.

In other news, Lethen is pinging @everyone again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a satirical piece. If you would like to join A Real Newspaper, please message me.
A REAL NEWSPAPER- Europeia's finest news source

You know, I know this is satirical, but I do think that'd be an amazing situation. What deals would be made behind the scenes?

Interesting scenario!

You know, I know this is satirical, but I do think that'd be an amazing situation. What deals would be made behind the scenes?

Interesting scenario!
If that does actually happen, I’d think that one Senator would eventually drop out, and their vote would be so valuable that there would be huge rewards due to classical supply and demand. Eventually, more Senators drop out of the race.

Interesting scenario!
If that does actually happen, I’d think that one Senator would eventually drop out, and their vote would be so valuable that there would be huge rewards due to classical supply and demand. Eventually, more Senators drop out of the race.

It could almost function like a primary... :p

Back