Road to the Presidency: October 2020

Monkey

we want YOU to be a dee gee too
Citizen
1601061523436.png
4 December 2020 Note: I managed to fall behind on this, and the timeline does not quite stretch to election day. Sorry!
Welcome to the Road to the Presidency for the October 2020 election! This is a new idea that will collate all of the most essential Presidential news, updates, and campaign announcements, all in one place! Keep checking back to learn more about the status of the campaigns and exclusive coverage!

Timeline of events:
Wednesday, September 30 @ 12 AM EDT
: Monkey's Musings releases the results of the latest poll covering debate performance

Wednesday, September 30 @ 12 AM EDT: Lime and Calvin Coolidge announce they will also be hosting a campaign Q and A session, hosted on Mixlr. It will take place on September 30, at 4 PM EDT, just an hour before the Peeps/Pichtonia show.

Tuesday, September 29 @ 11 PM EDT: Lime and Calvin Coolidge release a stump speech regarding Culture.

Tuesday, September 29 @ 11 PM EDT: Peeps and Pichtonia announce a campaign Q and A session, hosted on Mixlr. It will take place on September 30, at 5 PM EDT.

Monday, September 28 @ 10 PM EDT: The EBC panel with Kuramia, CSP, Darkslayer, and HEM has concluded. It can be found on the showreel.

Monday, September 28 @ 6 PM EDT: The EBC has scheduled a panel discussion to go over the debate earlier today at 9 PM EDT tonight.

Monday, September 28 @ 4 PM EDT: The debate has concluded and is not on the showreel for listening.

Monday, September 28 @ 3 PM EDT: Just a half-hour before the debate, Lime has released his cabinet picks.

Sunday, September 27 @ 8 PM EDT: Monkey's Musings has released post-platform release poll results. Results point towards a Peeps advantage in the race so far.

Sunday, September 27 @ 8 PM EDT: The presidential debate has been tentavively scheduled for 3 PM EDT tomorrow, Monday, September 28.

Saturday, September 26 @ 11 PM EDT: Both campaigns have given Monkey's Musings an exclusive statement over their decision to run.

Saturday, September 26 @ 5 PM EDT: The Presidential debate has been moved to sometime on Monday. Time TBA.

Saturday, September 26 @ 4 PM EDT: Sopo, HEM, and Darkslayer host a radio panel discussing HEM's preliminary poll results.

Friday, September 25 @ 10 PM EDT: A radio debate is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, September 27 at 3 PM EDT.

Friday, September 25 @ 7 PM EDT: Candidates present their platforms live on air, through EBC radio.

Friday, September 25 @ 7 PM EDT: Candidate Lime releases his platform.

Thursday, September 24 @ 9 PM EDT: The EBC releases a dispatch covering presidential standing.

Wednesday, September 23 @ 7 PM EDT: Minister of Communications Lime enters the race, selecting Calvin Coolidge as his running mate.

Monday, September 21 @ 9 PM EDT: Candidate Peeps releases his platform.

Monday, September 21 @ 12 PM EDT: Grand Admiral Peeps is the first to stand for President, selecting Pichtonia as his running mate.

Monday, September 21 @ 9 AM EDT: Vice Chancellor Drecq opens standing for the October election, slated to open on October 2.

Endorsement Tracker:

1601062174347.png

Solid Commitments
Former Second Minister Dakota
Shevia Inscorpus
World Assembly Delegate Aexnidaral
Senator Forilian

Leaning Commitments
Androxis

Cut the Fluff: What's Really In A Platform?

Peeps/Pichtonia - The Future. Now. vs Lime/Calvin Coolidge - Take Flight

Introduction + Misc Objectives

Introduction: In Peep's presidential introduction, he mostly talks about his broad executive and legislative experience within the region, gaining experience on "teamwork, our laws, how to create a completely new initiative, and how to run a Ministry well". Peeps also talks to his choice of running mate, Pichtonia, someone who "has a proven track record with both domestic and foreign issues".

In Pichtonia's introduction, he talks about Peep's rocky start in the region, but highlights "his energy and activity, and a biting ambition". Pichtonia talks about his role as a mentor within the administration, using his "extensive experience in domestic and Foreign Affairs". Here, Pichtonia also mentions specific goals, such as continuing the citizen's spotlight, increased gameside engagement, and facilitating smooth cooperation between ministries.

Introduction: In Lime's introduction, he discusses his past in the region and how that influenced his decision to better the community. He also talks about the influx of new talent, promising a new cabinet and pushing for an ambitious platform as the second presidential term after the remerge. Lime points to his four terms as Minister of Communications and Senator as his primary experience in the region, among other areas.

In his short introduction, Calvin Coolidge brings up his variety of experience in nearly every sector of Europeia, and doubles down on emphasizing the need to capture new talent and cultivate the new generation of Europeian leaders.

Increased Presence: Peeps pushes for increased activity on our gameside embassy, proposing that Communications dispatches would be cross-posted to our embassies. Peeps also brings up the Europeian Heroes program.

Independence: Peeps wants to highlight independence and bring more awareness to our citizens and allies through hosting another informational radio show.

Europeian Calendar: This is a new idea proposed by the Peeps campaign, which will allow both citizens and residents to stay updated on executive events. Daily cabinet updates and events will be posted in the executive updates channel.

Goals: Lime's platform lists mid term and end of term goals for each Ministry. They provide a snapshot into the most essential components of their ministry policies.
FA:
Mid-term goal: Host one Region of the Week. Release two embassy updates.

End of term goal: Host another Region of the Week. Release three to four embassy updates in total.
Navy:
Mid-term goal: Engage in one large-scale recruitment drive for Reserves.

End of term goal: Have held one large hold with our allies.
WA:
Mid-term goals: Incorporate WAA staff into Watch discussions. Begin writing at least one draft proposal.

End of term goals: Have at least one draft ready for submission and have begun writing another draft.
Communications:
Mid-term goals: Complete a review of the Column system and implement any changes. Release one editor and one writer's training manual.

End of term goals: Release weekly articles. Two collaborative articles with radio.
Culture:
Mid term goal: Host events for Halloween and Commendation Day. Begin planning the Christmas Advent Calendar and Honoured Citizens’ Day. Post weekly advertisements in our gameplay embassy.

End of term goal: Celebrated Honoured Citizens’ Day, start the Advent Calendar, have posted advertisements every week of the term in our gameplay embassy.
Interior:
Mid-term Goal: 7 recruiters a week hitting a Daily Dose, merge Interior channels on Discord.

End of term Goal: 10 recruiters a week hitting a Daily Dose.
Radio:
Mid-term goal: Train 2 new hosts, have 2 new guests, host 2 twitch streams.

End of term goal: Train 4 new hosts, have 4 new guests, host 4 twitch streams.
Justice:
Mid-term goal: Release Legislative Assessments on time. See if a Mock Trial is feasible.

End of term goal: Conduct Mock Trial if it has been decided to go ahead. Continue to release Legislatives Assessments, ideally authored by multiple different Law Clerks.

Foreign Affairs

Peeps: The Peeps campaign aims to increase the assignments given to ambassadors, such as posting dispatches on forum embassies. They also want to continue region of the week, promising at least 2-3 this term, and to review outdated treaties.

Lime: In the foreign affairs department, the Lime ticket promises continuation of region of the week, as well as closer integration and communication between the watch and the ambassador system, sharing information and encouraging discussion. They also want to encourage broadcasting Europeia and events through the NSGP embassy, dispatches, and forum embassies.

Navy

Peeps: The Peeps campaign proposes a continuation of the training efforts, as well as bringing the navy back into the public eye, through integrating it into other executive programs. They also want to continue the recognition of navy sailors through possible commendations, NSGP updates, and publishing EBC pieces. There is also a concrete goal of conducting one major operation/hold with allies this term.

Lime: Lime's platform talks about placing a greater emphasis on the reserves, as well as broadcasting operation reports throughout gameplay.

World Assembly Affairs

Peeps: The Peeps campaign promises to maintain the current WAA initiatives - IFVs, discussion threads, author training, and the Pokemon program. The proposed Europeian Heroes program would also allow for new authors to get a hand in drafting proposals. They also want to expand efforts into spotting proposals.

Lime: Lime's platform wants to also maintain the current WAA initiatives - IFVs, discussion threads, as well as utilizing the Watch to provide input on SC proposals. They also place an emphasis on drafting education and setting a goal of releasing a couple of resolutions, as well as continuing to work with WALL.

Interior

Peeps: The Peeps campaign wants to focus on long term consistency recruitment initiatives, as well as looking into new telegram templates. They also want to update passive resources both gameside and on the forums, as well as appointing a new position to summarize weekly events.

Lime: Lime's platform calls for encouraging recruiters outside of competitions by creating a culture that elevates recruiting in our region. They also want to eliminate the division of labor within the ministry, eliminating subgroups such as recruiters and the welcome wagon, and continue the initiatives under the whole ministry.

Culture

Peeps: The Peeps campaign wants to update weekend games, incorporating paid games, as well as using Twitch to broadcast games. They also want to revive the games subforum, continue region of the week, and lay out several festival ideas, such as a Halloween Party, Commendation Day, and Honoured Citizen's day. They also include plans to address participation problems, namely through the calendar and game time modifications.

Lime: Lime's platform tackles the participation issue by increasing advertisement towards potential foreign allies, as well as reducing weekend games frequency to prevent burnout. They also state that advocating for shorter, more frequent events are more effective than longer, drawn out events. They also want to encourage more radio or trivia games instead of the classic web games. They also lay goals of crafting celebrations for Halloween, Honoured Citizen's Day, Commendation Day, and a December Advent calendar.

Communications

Peeps: The Peeps campaign wants to encourage more op-ed and 'hard entertainment' articles, as well as broadcasting our written work through our dispatches, gameside embassies, and forumside embassies. They will also continue the agreement with NSToday.

Lime: The Communication's portion of Lime's platform calls for more training materials through the JSS, such as continuing Writer's Workshop or editing training modules. They also want to continue the upvote squad, and put a heavy emphasis on using the dispatch system to display Europeia's media strength. They also place an emphasis on collaboration with other ministries to deliver a variety of articles, as well as re-evaluating the column system. They also touch on further collaboration with NSToday.

Radio

Peeps: The Peeps campaign wants to continue training the new generation of radio members, as well as continue to establish running radio shows. Beyond that, they want to continue utilizing radio's foreign potential, inviting foreign guests onto shows, advertising shows through NSToday, and hosting shows during region of the week.

Lime: Lime's platform calls for being proactive in elevating new members within radio, and to improve planning and advertising of radio shows. They also want to use Twitch in collaboration with radio for a larger variety of shows outside just gaming, and possibly even YouTube. Lastly, they talk to increased collaboration among ministries, such as using radio to introduce foreign guests or hosting more foreign shows.

Justice

Peeps: The justice part of Peep's platform wants to continue releasing timely legislative assessments, make sure that laws are up to code, and ensuring that legislative training is continuing to happen.

Lime: Similarly, Lime's ticket wants to continue legislative assessments and legislative training, but also promise to look into a potential mock trial.

Last edited:
Love this!!!

Monkey's Musings has recieved exclusive statements from both campaigns following the panel discussion earlier today.

Peeps Campaign Statement:
"I decided to run because I really believe I can improve Europeia, and I have had a lot of ideas swirling in my head on how to do so. With Pichtonia, I found a running mate who shared my enthusiasm for these ideas and the future of Europeia, and someone who has had very successful terms as both First Minister and Chief of State. If there is something that I need assistance with, chances are Pichtonia has experience with it. When Pichtonia and I set about creating our campaign, we decided that we wanted it to accomplish three main things, resolving the participation problems we have at home, increasing our effectiveness in recruitment, and increasing our presence abroad. On the first point, we think that a revitalization of our Weekend Games program and more publicity about when games are happening, as accomplished by adding new games and the Europeian Calendar respectively, is the perfect way to accomplish that. For increasing our effectiveness in recruitment, we came to the conclusion that our current telegram does not work as well as it should, our conversion numbers are regularly around .5% with the current telegram, far below many of the former designs, thus we will be holding a competition to find the best telegram so that each daily dose can be more effective. Finally, despite the fact that we have one of the most active governments in NS, we don't do an amazing job making all of our achievements known, thus we will be committing to more dispatches and NSGP posts, to ensure that our achievements are being broadcast throughout NS."

Lime Campaign Statement:
"I re-joined Europeia around six months ago and if you’d told me that within those three months I’d be made a Deputy Minister in two Ministries, elected a Senator, nominated and confirmed as Minister of Communications and be running for President I’d have laughed at you. When I re-joined I wanted to speak to and catch up with friends and I also wanted to apologise for my previous actions and attempt to make amends for them in some small way. I re-started my private media and worked away in some Ministries as a way to give back to the region and say sorry for what I had done, I had no expectations that I would ever be elevated to a position of responsibility again. However, Europeia is a region of forgiveness and it also values those who work hard, get back up when they’re knocked down and who make amends for that they’ve done. I understand what it’s like to screw up and how it feels when you feel stuck and trapped. It is those values of Europeia, the idea that hard work and dedication can beat all which encouraged me to run for President. I want to elevate those who have worked hard into those positions of government, not only to reward them for their hard work, but to also let them work even harder to show the region that they deserved to be nominated. A Lime administration would not only introduce more newcomers into the Cabinet, but it would also place the values of hard work and dedication at its core, and those who work hard would be recognised and rewarded. I’ve experienced first hand how Europeia rewards those who work hard, and I want to ensure that others are also rewarded and recognised for their hard work and dedication."

The platform summaries have been updated! Keep checking back for more updates, like a vote tracker and a list of hot topics this election!

Edit: jeez my typos this time around

Last edited:
Amazing work, Monkey! Thank you so much, this is very useful, especially for people like me who are very new.

28 September 2020
2:41 PM EDT

Breaking News!

Lime's campaign has just released their cabinet picks for their upcoming administration, just about a half-hour before the presidential debate.

Lime stated "As one of the most important themes of our campaign, helping to raise up a new generation of Europeian leaders, it seems only fair that Calvin and I release the names of our Cabinet nominees so that the voters can see the newcomers and fresh faces we want to promote to the Cabinet."

The cabinet will be:
Grand Admiral: Peeps
World Assembly Affairs: Skygreen
Communications: Forilian
Culture: Androxis
Interior: Monkey
Radio: Istillian
Attorney General: Calvin Coolidge

*Monday, September 28 @ 4 PM EDT: The debate has concluded and is not on the showreel for listening. *
Think you meant now when you said 'not'.

Back