Request for Administrative Review

Shin

Lethen removed a petition that was challenging his position:
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/topic/10024577/1/

Given that the other petition was allowed to run its course and be seriously viewed I request the same of this position.
I'll further note that Lethen using his admin powers about a thread about a referendum about himself is concerning.

Could the admin team please confirm whether or not Lethen used his forum admin position to short circuit something that was well within the constitution? If so could the petition please be restored to where it rightfully belongs to run its course?

Thanks.

Oh for fuck's sake. Stop being a troll, Shin. I moved both threads because one had degenerated into spam, and the other isn't a legitimate petition from what I understand and shouldn't be in the Grand Hall as such. You can get your rocks off in the RS with both threads, but they don't belong in the Grand Hall or Palatium Manor.

Lethen said:
Oh for fuck's sake. Stop being a troll, Shin. I moved both threads because one had degenerated into spam, and the other isn't a legitimate petition from what I understand and shouldn't be in the Grand Hall as such. You can get your rocks off in the RS with both threads, but they don't belong in the Grand Hall or Palatium Manor.
Gonna say that this reaction is kinda proving my point. Other petitions were allowed to run their course.

Yes, other petitions that were *legitimate.*

There is nothing that legally invalidated the petition, despite how spammy the comments section became. More importantly, the legality of the petition is not one for the Admin team to decide, as it falls under the RP law of the region, and is therefore under the Court's jurisdiction. Yes, in general the Admins can determine what is spam and what can be moved, but when a petition has been legally started and has not been invalidated by its creator, the admin whose very job has been challenged by said petition should not be the one to determine whether it is spam. Surely there is a conflict of interest here Lethen. You also cannot claim a sense of urgency in doing your job, as Chief Administrator HEM read the petition thread and even posted on it, and did not ask anyone to stop said thread, indicate it was spam, or move it during his watch.

You have been SC and Admin in this region long enough to realize how bad the optics on this one are for you. You acted in a manner which is a clear conflict of interest, when there was no urgency for you to actually act in any capacity as an Admin.

I would like to point out this part of the referenda act
(3) Referenda to remove a Supreme Chancellor must be administered by the Chief Justice or their designee.

Snowball said:
I would like to point out this part of the referenda act
(3) Referenda to remove a Supreme Chancellor must be administered by the Chief Justice or their designee.
Correct only they can open the actual referendum. The petition on the other to request one... :gentleman:

Though... this is a thread about whether or not Lethen moved a thread he shouldn't have.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the admins aren't responsible for moderating roleplay forums. I'm certain the Supreme Chancellor shouldn't be "moderating" a petition to remove him from office. I'm certain that deleting a post is outside moderating powers.

What's going on here?

This is what happens when a person who engages in bad faith is allowed to remain in an internet community.

Lethen was wrong to move the petition.

Shin is a troll. He should not be here. At all.

Lethen shouldn't have moved it, but Shin shouldn't have been allowed to be here to create it in the first place, and shame on everyone who signed it for shits and giggles, rather than smacking it down like it deserved.

Lethen shouldn't have moved it, but Shin shouldn't have been allowed to be here to create it in the first place, and shame on everyone who signed it for shits and giggles, rather than smacking it down like it deserved.

Moving threads and the location of threads is a question of forum organization, not legality, as the location of the thread has no bearing on its legitimacy.

I am moving Shin's referendum thread back to the Grand Hall, because I believe the populace would do well to be reminded of the legal seriousness of the petition. Keshi's overthrow thread is staying in the Republic Square because it is blatant trolling and that's where it belongs.

honestly, I think it is best to let this all die as some fun last night. I agree with lethen that it should not be a legal referendum. I think shin should just end the referendum, as it is a serious thing, so we can move on with our lives.

OK but real talk, there’s no need to be a dick to Lethen.

Shin, please use your powers for good instead of evil. This referendum on Lethen is just not funny, man.

The fact that this thread exists proves that Shin did not view this referendum as a joke; otherwise he would not have reacted the way he did when Lethen treated it like one.

Rand said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the admins aren't responsible for moderating roleplay forums. I'm certain the Supreme Chancellor shouldn't be "moderating" a petition to remove him from office. I'm certain that deleting a post is outside moderating powers.

What's going on here?
What post was deleted? If you're referring to something on my end, I accidentally deleted the Harassment post in Palatium Manor (fun fact: if you go to click on the "Post #1" link and accidentally click to delete the post, ZB doesn't prompt you to check before deleting the thread. <_< ). Luckily, r3n had it open in a window when I ran into the Admin server cursing and hoping someone knew how to recover it (we don't have Trash Bin enabled).

The fact that this thread exists proves that Shin did not view this referendum as a joke; otherwise he would not have reacted the way he did when Lethen treated it like one.
Shin created this thread because I took away his toy so he threw a tantrum. There isn't much more to it.

Now, I was obviously wrong in moving the referendum to a different area and labeling it as spam. I came online before work and saw the Keshiland thread in Palatium; saw that had devolved into spam; and assumed that the referendum thread was part of that same run of spam.

If it was literally anyone else, I would have second-guessed myself. But Shin has been nothing but a troll and spammer - on the forums and Discord - for some time now. If he wants to be taken seriously, he needs to take himself seriously. I don't really take anything he does seriously since its almost always for his own laughs at the expense of the rest of us.

Spam and forum organization is still not an administrative concern, I don't think. Terms of Use doesn't say "thou shalt ensure threads are in the correct subforums." Leave it to the mods... which in this case was Lethen, who is also the Moderator in his role as Supreme Chancellor.

As Supreme Chancellor, I think Lethen shouldn't move threads questioning him, even if they are 99% BS.

Not a national security incident though. Not a big deal at all. I don't think Lethen did anything really wrong. Lethen's my favorite sitting SC, ftr.

Back