Remsol Tonight

Hello, and welcome to Remsol Tonight. My name is Remsol Greyjoy, and tonight I will be interviewing Common-Sense Politics.

CSP is a power player in Europeia. His resumé is large, and his footprints he has left on this region are even bigger.

He is an active member, who has dedicated his life to public service. He is a former President, and the current Grand Admiral.

Ladies and gentlemen, look no further. Here is my interview with CSP.

Remsol: First off, thank you CSP for coming on the show. I know we have had our differences -- but you are truly a legend here in Europeia, and I consider myself lucky to be working side by side with you, and others in this great region.

Common-Sense Politics: I think I've had my differences with just about everybody, Remsol. Don't feel as if you're the only one. Thank you for the kind words.

R: CSP, first off, I have to ask, what would Europeia look like right now if you were President? How would it be different?

CSP: That's a difficult question to answer, too many hypothetical variables. It has become fairly apparent, however, that President Vinage and I have somewhat different philosophies as far as leadership goes. A very general and optimistic answer to your question would be that I would hope to bring more focus to our cultural activities and that things would be moving faster in several areas. That being said, the President has my full and unfettered support.

R:You are arguably one of the most experienced, and accomplished members of Europeia. What do you hope your legacy will be once the day comes that you leave Europeia? What do you want to be remembered for?

CSP: Well I appreciate that generous assessment. To be perfectly honest, I gave up trying to have any say in my legacy a long time ago. It's not for me to decide. If anything, I'd like to be remembered as someone who always acted in what he truly determined to be in Europeia's best practical interest. I think asking for anything more than that is probably a little too self-serving for my taste.

R: What are the biggest challenges President Vinage will have to face in this term, in your opinion?

CSP: It's my view that the greatest challenges in front of this administration are two-fold. The first are a number of priorities in the arena of foreign affairs. COPS II needs to be fleshed out and we need to remain a leading voice in that effort. Our recent agreements with GCRs need to be backed up with practical cooperation to ensure their longevity and effectiveness. There's also, in my opinion, a growing distance between us and our traditional allies. Steps need to be taken to regain the close relationships we've long held. There are other points on the agenda that I'm not at liberty to share as well.

The second part has to do with understanding who we are at our core and how that effects our decision-making. I think, and some disagree, that the manner in which we handled as well as the ultimate outcome of the Earth situation was a detriment to that effort. I believe that a political threat should never be equated to a security threat. I believe that to exclude voices that we feel threatened by behind closed doors rather than combat them with public discourse and at the ballot box is supremely anti-Europeian and flies in the face of everything we claim to stand for. It's time we started thinking about that.

R: What do you think President Vinage could've done better in his first term?

CSP: You're really trying to get me to beat up on my friend Vinage, aren't you? As a member of the administration, I really don't feel comfortable telling my boss how to do his job in an interview. Like I said before, Vinage and I have divergent strategies when it comes to the day-to-day tasks of being a president but I know he's doing his best.

R: Finally, where do you see your political future headed? Maybe another Presidential run?

CSP: Right now I'm very focused on putting the Navy on an even keel where it can function up to a certain standard without me present. Until I feel that's accomplished or it's determined that it's not possible, I'd prefer to remain Grand Admiral. After that, who knows.

I would like to personally thank CSP for being on the show. What an amazing example of dedication, and passion. Thank you for your service to this region.

That's all for tonight folks. I'll see you right here, next week.

Signing off, Remsol

Back