Regional Security Council Slips in Endorsement Count

Comfed

Exposing #REF!
Senator
Citizen
Pronouns
he/him

Regional Security Council Slips in Endorsement Count
Gameside security body sees members slip well below their permitted endorsement amounts.
COMMENTARY | By Comfed
REGIONAL SECURITY CENTRE - The current endorsement levels of many Regional Security Council (RSC) members are currently well below the maximum endorsement count established by the March endorsement cap announcement of 150 endorsements. As of this writing, GraVandius and Pichtonia sit in the low eighties, while Prim sits in the low 100s and Pland Adanna is in the mid-100s.

This article will focus primarily on Security Officers–that is, those members of the Regional Security Council who have a vote and maintain high endorsement levels but are not the delegate or vice delegate.

This graph shows the endorsement counts of RSC members over time. While the graph is difficult to read given that it stretches back to 2017, some trends can be found. First, after the announcement of the endorsement caps, everyone's endorsements take a sharp turn downwards. This trend has already been analyzed for the World Assembly delegate but it seems to apply to the entire Council. Pland Adanna suffered the heaviest losses of all the Security Officers, however he was well over the endorsement cap for Security Officers when the caps were announced.

After that, more trends emerge. Pland Adanna persistently outclasses his colleagues in terms of endorsement gathering. Prim, GraVandius and Pichtonia sit at the same relative numbers of endorsements, in the high seventies to low eighties, until Prim's endorsement count grows to his current level in the low hundreds starting at the end of June.

The endorsement level of the vice delegate, Seva, is less interesting to analyze over time. His endorsements also declined when the endorsement caps were announced, but like Pland Adanna his endorsements were in excess of the cap for his position. His endorsement count has stayed similar ever since, staying in the range of around 150 endorsements, except for one brief and quickly reversed decline in late June. His endorsements have also been on the rise recently.

Saving the best for last, the delegate's endorsement count tells the best story. After suffering the same sharp downturn of his RSC colleagues, Le Libertie's endorsement count makes a recovery to a count hovering in the 190s, until experiencing a surge in late June which has brought his endorsement count to the 210s.

An analysis of the Regional Security Council's endotarting activity may be helpful here. Endotarting is known to be the single most effective way to gain endorsements, and it involves endorsing as many nations as possible and also telegramming them requesting their endorsement in turn. Using the tool tart.calref.ca, Comfed's Quill viewed the number of nations not endorsed by each RSC member, accurate as of July 20, 2023 at 1:00 A.M. PDT.
Le Liberte: 21
Seva: 22
GraVandius: 148
Pichtonia: 145
Pland Adanna: 41
Prim: 58
Something of a correlation can be extrapolated here. The two members with the lowest endorsement counts, GraVandius and Pichtonia, also have the highest number of non-endorsed nations. Meanwhile, Prim and Pland Adanna sit in the middle of the pack in terms of nations endorsed, but Pland Adanna exceeds Prim in endorsement count. Given Prim's recently rising endorsement levels, it is possible that they only stared endotarting more recently than Pland Adanna, and they also did not have as many endorsements as their presidential colleague when caps were introduced. The two best performers here are Sevae, the vice delegate, and Le Libertie, who has greatly increased his endorsement count recently.

While the statistics drawn here only allow for rudimentary analysis, some conclusions can be inferred with varying degrees of certainty. First, endotarting is important, as evidenced by the high endorsement count of the most active endotarters and the low count of the least active ones. It seems possible that there is a natural cap for those who do not endotart at about 80 endorsements.

Additionally, it is possible that some RSC members who had high endorsement levels prior to the introduction of endorsement caps see some residual benefits. This is best supported by Pland Adanna, who had a high endorsement level before the introduction of caps and was actually exceeding them when they were first announced. He has remained consistently higher than his fellow Security Officers in his endorsement level. The applies to Seva.

However, the inferences drawn in this article are far from definitive. Citizens are invited to look at the data presented in this article, including the endorsement levels of all Europeians, and draw their own conclusions.

Wishing for the name "Arnhelm Sentinels Board," this is Comfed's Quill.

I appreciate this, Comfed. It's good to keep track of where the RSC stands as a means of accountability.

I do want to point out though that the minimum endorsement standard is 120, not 150, as stated in your article. 150 is the endorsement cap.

Thanks for the report, Comfed. I had been only endotarting new WA nations, and had unendorsed quite a few older WA nations due to them being close to their endocap.

I have now gone back and re-endorsed all older nations (minus Caffeinated, as they are over the endocap currently). It's a frustrating dance to un-endorse and re-endorse to keep overeager endotarters under their caps.

When I was President and endotarting, I stayed pretty consistently around 100 endorsements. I hope our regional security won't suffer from complacency, which seems inherent in a body with such monolithic design.

When I was President and endotarting, I stayed pretty consistently around 100 endorsements. I hope our regional security won't suffer from complacency, which seems inherent in a body with such monolithic design.
Yeah likewise I was able to remain well above 100 endorsements. This definitely raises questions for me about some of the members of the RSC, and I hope we'll quickly see an increase in endorsement numbers for each RSC member, especially seeing as it's a legal requirement:

EA15. (2) A citizen who is nominated by the Regional Security Council by majority vote and is confirmed by the Senate shall be appointed as a Security Officer. The Regional Security Council will publicly set an endorsement standard for Security Officers to meet. Security Officers serve until removed by the Senate or by majority vote of the Regional Security Council if the Security Officer has not met endorsement standards for at least 7 days.

Fantastic article Comfed!! A really good piece of data driven journalism keeping our institutions to account.

Back