Radio Review: The Truth Behind Europeia's Birds Revealed

The Truth Behind Europeia's Birds Revealed
Transcribed by Calvin Coolidge, Original Interview by cuddles and Lloenflys

On Sunday, December 8th, Radio Minister cuddles interviewed Lloenflys, author of the EBC's two bird-themed articles (read the first one here, and the second one here). For ease of access and posterity, the first twelve minutes have been transcribed to the best of my ability. You can listen to the entire interview here.

cuddles: What is the reason behind birbs?

Lloenflys: I have enjoyed birding for quite a while. I liked them as a child, but I wasn't a kid birder or anything. My grandparents fed birds, and I learned more about birds from my grandfather than anyone. After law school I came back to Minnesota and found myself with a lot of free time. I started hiking and spending time in nature. It gave me a reason to get outside and look at things. The more I did it, the more I realized birds were the main attraction. I like lists, and crossing things off the list. Birdwatching is the ultimate list. Birders are crazy and we have a million lists for things. If you're a Pokemon fan, there's a similarity there. It's very similar to birding, except you find something that actually exists.

cuddles: Now I might sound dumb here, but what category are birds under? I know there are mammals, reptiles, etc. I know spiders are their own things under arachnids.

Lloenflys: They [birds] are their own thing. If you watch Jurassic Park you probably know that they are related to dinosaurs. They split off a while ago, and there are 9,500 species worldwide, with two-thirds of them in the tropics. That leaves a lot of birds everywhere else. Minnesota has 400, with 300 that are rare. Even in a place like this, known as a frigid environment, there is a lot of variety.

cuddles: How is it that you go about having a bird speak to you as a Europeian?

Lloenflys: You mean when I put together my lists?

cuddles: Do you go on Wikipedia and search for birds with certain qualities and say "This seems just like them"?

Lloenflys: That has been a technique I've used if there's a particular feature of someone I want to highlight in a bird and see if there's anything that fits. I look at a lot of birds on Instagram, and if something catches me, I'll add it in. That's how Pichto got his second bird. I saw the bird, and it screamed Pichto.

cuddles: So now we know how Pichto got two birds.

Lloenflys: I liked Pichto's first bird, and think it's appropriate, but I couldn't not give this bird to Pichto. For my next one, people will either agree with me or Drecq. This is news, this is why people should be listening to this stream. This is the first time I've ever done this. Drecq thinks he should be one thing and I think he should be something else. I am going to give Europeia a choice. These are the two birds for Drecq, and you will decide which is more appropriate. But, in general, it's a feel. A lot of birds have certain characteristics or a reputation. And sometimes it's funny to take that reputation and twist it to fit who the person is in Europeia. There's a lot of different things I do, it's an organic and artistic process.

cuddles: I remember that first one, Dax's dino bird. I was like “Wait, I think he just looked up dino birds.”

Lloenflys: So there was a lot. You have this crazy dino bird that is still out there, but it also fits with Dax's personality. Dax is fun and aggressive. If Dax never went on eurochat and started having yelling matches, then it wouldn't work. But it works because of who she is.

cuddles: I'm looking at the article now, and it really sticks out. Olde Delaware's too.

Lloenflys: His bird is a perfect example. He had Gritty as an avatar for a while, and the bird looks just like Gritty. The bird also eats junk food, and OD talks about eating Rice Krispies, and buying 50 chicken nuggets. This fits the personality that OD has in Europeia. I couldn't not.

cuddles: I think everyone in Europeia has fun whenever we're looking at these articles. They're hilarious and amazing. Another thing about these is that it gives us perspective of what people see us as. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you view me in your next article.

Lloenflys: I think I have a bird for you, but unfortunately I owe another article to the EBC. Shush, don't tell anyone about that. So, I need to get working on that before I do another bird article, but it will be coming. I have almost content for two more articles at this point.

cuddles: Many people have been saying “When's the next bird article?:

Lloenflys: If I have any legacy in this region, that's the one I want. The guy who made the birb articles.

Last edited:
It took me a while to realize when people were going on about "birbs" they meant "birds".

It took me a while to realize when people were going on about "birbs" they meant "birds".
I make a point of always using the proper "birds" for this very reason.

This reminds me of an argument I had with someone who pronounced the "doge" meme as "dog-ee" and I was like "what are you talking about, it's doge. Doge is a real word."

This reminds me of an argument I had with someone who pronounced the "doge" meme as "dog-ee" and I was like "what are you talking about, it's doge. Doge is a real word."
I dont think most people who use "doge" think of a venetian ruler though.

I dont think most people who use "doge" think of a venetian ruler though.

But dog-ee is doggie or doggy not doge!

i hate dog culture so this made me black out

Y’all actually did it, y’all made a thing about birbs, this reminds me of the time I passed legislation about the size of a guy’s penis, and it’s one of those discord political sims, not NationStates

Frankly I would define the size of the penis, but Idk if we can post pictures here, so for now, we defined it as ?

Last edited:
Back