Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Presidential Race TCTC
Written By HEM
ENN Chief Editor

In the last few days, a nearly insurmountable Cordova lead has shrunk to near nothing, and many polls show Pope Lexus building a new commanding lead against Cordova. A KazmanicEuropeia poll showed Lexus nearly doubling the polling stats of his opponent. So how have things progressed since then?

Cordova has, to put it simply, stopped the bleeding. The ENN/Gallup poll had almost exactly the same number of responses of the KazamanicEuropeia poll, and it showed small gains made by Cordova.

29.6% of the region consider themselves 'Strong Lexus Supporters', While 37% of the region consider themselves 'Strong Cordova Supporters'. This is good news for Cordova, as it shows his base is still strongly behind him. He is much less likely than Lexus to lose support.

Pope Lexus is still seen as a strong leader in Europeia, with 67% of the region saying that they would be confident with him in charge. This is compared to only a small majority of 54% average being confident with Cordova I at the helm.

However, Europeia still tends to feel that Cordova is more 'trustworthy', possibly owning to his exclusively Europeian heritage. 92% of the region considered Cordova a trustworthy politician, while only 82% could say the same of Lexus.

When asked which candidate would better represent newcomers, 52% of the region said Cordova, while 26% said Lexus, and the pother 22% where firmly convinced that neither would represent newcomers properly. This isn't a surprise, as the EFP is a hub of new members within the region.

Despite Cordova's attempts to spin himself as more qualified in serving in all three branches, 63% of the region feel that Lexus has the best qualifications to be President, while 30% felt that Cordova did. 7% felt that neither had the proper qualifications.

Perhaps one of the most split categories spoke about positive change. Cordova who has run a campaign on changing Europeia for the better and implanting new creative measures, only won this category with 48%, while Lexus garnered a close 37%. The rest saying neither would change the region for the better.

This should be a serious concern for Cordova, as his entire campaign has been based around the idea that the region needs change from 'Too much Lexus'. If people aren''t buying that argument, it will be hard for him to scoot over the finish line.

In the end, Lexus has a SLIGHT edge in the final vote. But this race is way too close to call.

In order to win, Lexus has to keep portraying Cordova as an empty suit. But Cordova can control this race by simply meeting even with Lexus. People expect Lexus to be a better communicator, the problem is that Lexus has been massacring Cordova. Cordova needs to sell his agenda behind the scenes, and keep face in public if he wants to win this one.

This race may come down to 'retired citizens', and who they decide to vote for come election day. Since their opinion is still very unknown.

FINAL RESULTS:

Pope Lexus X: 48.1% - 13
Cordova I: 44.4% - 12
Undecided: 7.7% - 2

Broken Down Results:

Strong Lexus Supporter:29.6% - 8
Lean Toward Lexus: 18.5% - 5
Undecided: 7.4% -  2
Lean Toward Cordova: 7.4% - 2
Strong Cordova Supporter: 37.0% - 10

Very interesting results. Why no questions about VP candidates?

It's very simple, the newbie and emotional vote is going to Cordova (this is nothing about his recent absence, before someone asks), while the experienced vote is going to Lexus.

Newbies typically like to topple an incumbent to replace them with one that -appears- more sympathetic to them (Cordova was all about being "new" and "fresh"), and any hurt on the campaign trail is on his side - virtually time one of his campaign's many bad ideas has been criticised in the slightest, people have "rushed to his defence" and whinged about negative campaigning and the sort (honesty is not negativity, y'know), and as such I think he's been able to draw a (minor, granted) sympathy vote for that.

Furthermore, most of the ideas being shot down are ones the newbies haven't actually -seen- fail, and often -sound- cool at least at the start (like the economy) - so it's no wonder he has them on his side.

In the end, if Lex wins, he'll have to reinvent himself at least a little, to be inspiring to a new generation (not that we have had a -lack- so far, but insomuch as he needs to draw them back towards his adminstration after they went to the other camp during the election period). If Cordova wins (assuming that he is able to stay in the race; hopefully his girlfriend will recover soon =/), he will have the problem of having ticked off several of the experienced members he'll need to get him through his term, as sadly inexperienced people are rarely (sometimes a bright star can shine) very good at implementing large and difficult plans like an economy...

I knew I shouldn't have voted myself to be 80% trustworthy :p

Anumia, I pretty much agree with your analysis. I really do hope Cord comes back, because this campaign has been fantastic thusfar and it'd be a shame to have to turn around now, but he has better reasons than any to hand the batton on if it came to it.

Back