Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Presidential Race Gets Heated
Written By HEM
ENN Chief Editor

With four days to go (by the court adjusted date) the Presidential race outcome could never be murkier.

It has been a week to remember, marked by the absence of HEM on the campaign trial and boiling tensions between the Lexus and Neohabighorst camps. Marred by debate, and accusations the two camps have settled down for the weekend before they undoubtedly give their last pitch to voters.

Europeia is a region that has always been kind to its incumbent Presidents. No President has ever been defeated in a re-election bid. And of Europeia's three governments, only one Head of Government was ever defeated. Rotalsia when he sought a third term as Prime Minister in April 2007.

However, the political climate in Europeia is split. While Neohabighorst is a friend to everyone in the region (we actually tried to find someone to say something bad about him), he is seen much as a backgrounder. However, many find Lexus's almost mechanical working of the government cold and machine-like.

Lexus's term has been one plagued with crisis. With a Senate constantly mired in in-fighting, Personal attacks, foreign relation crisis', and population meltdown, in fighting among the cabinet and the President's own party. The President certainly has taken years off his life.

However, unfortunately for Lexus his greatest accomplishments such as the TNI-Europeia crisis are ones that was on the backburner to more visible problems such as population, which the opposition is more then willing to dump on governmental shoulders.

However, the challengers do not have a joyride either. While campaigning as visionaries of change, many people feel it is a change they don't want.

"They had a horrible legislation season," says ENN Commentator Bill Bruner, "I mean, their bills where killed through the head, through the chest, through the throat. No matter what way they ended up vetoed, rejected or repealed."

Jack Cafferty remarks, "I think it was a poor idea to start the campaign out negatively for the Conservatives. They are portraying themselves as change the same time they are putting out...misleading statements."

Despite a stumble out of the starting gate for the Conservatives, Lexus is not without his short comings either. His administration, while free of scandals, was plagued with in-fighting. From former Ministers Aston, Kabanatuanistan, and Atikva to the Senate Speaker and HEM cat fight, Lexus has had to spend his administration putting out fires.

However, many people do agree that Cabinet-wise, this has been a good term. While Ministers did come and go, it was not a total revolving door, and things did get done.

While the only poll put so far has Lexus ahead, most people say it is insignificant.

"It doesn't mean anything," Remarks Gloria Borger, "9 people out of 31 (votes last election) over a course of 3 weeks, its interesting, put right now irreverent."

The Conservative Party has grown substantially this term, however the EUP has snagged several independant into its fold. All of which means...

A close election.

No mention of how neither campaign has yet to get *my* endorsement?

"It doesn't mean anything," Remarks Gloria Borger, "9 people out of 31 (votes last election) over a course of 3 weeks, its interesting, put right now irreverent."

*irrelevant

...and interesting read, though I haven't noticed any debate or fighting...ah, the joy of ignoring politics here.

Also, Lethen, no-one cares about you :) ...except that you're one away from 9,500 posts.

Also, Lethen, no-one cares about you :) ...except that you're one away from 9,500 posts.
Then they are fools. I carry a lot of swing.

Back