Presidential Predictions

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
The Presidential standing period is due to start sometime this week, and the field of candidates remains a mystery. To help sort things out, this paper will be looking at major figures in the region, and then determining their chances of election. Naturally, this is simply this paper's opinion, and is in no way determined to sway the potential candidates to run or not. If a candidate receives a negative comment, I encourage them to "Shake it Off" (obligatory Taylor Swift reference). We'll leave the judgement to comments section.

You Belong With Me (Most Likely to Succeed)

Drecq - Recently reelected to the Senate, with a sizable margin of victory, the current Speaker would have little trouble convincing voters that they like him. He also brings a lot of experience to the table, besides his multiple Senate terms, with his terms as Associate Justice, Minister of the Interior, as well as the new Grand Admiral, still fresh in the region's mind. He has expressed his lack of available time, however, as a reason he will not likely run, but the voters will likely be hoping he can fit this into his schedule. Well, except for all those newcomers he's punched. They likely would disagree.

Kraketopia - It would be tough to assume that the current President would not be a contender for the job, should he seek it for the third time. With only one current President ever to lose a reelection bid, the odds seem to be in his favor. However, there has not been a huge show of support for our President, and even Anumia had more competition picking up a third term than many would have thought going into it. So, it might not be an easy win for the President, but he has a good chance.

Malashaan - Another new Minister to the Kraketopia administration, Malashaan has shown promise as far as revitalizing the Grand Architecture Project, in a term many see as make or break for the program. On top of that, his recent tenure as Chief Justice has seen much praise, and his desire to not seek another term as Associate Justice has led to speculation he may be focusing on the Presidency. Who has been speculating this? Well, I did. Just now.

Back to December (It's Not Out of the Question)

Anumia - As a Senator, Minister, Justice, and recent President, he brings the sort of experience few ever achieve in Europeia. True, he was just President before Kraketopia, and for three terms, but many still respect his contributions, and may wish to see this statue step back into the ring.

MSF (formerly known as modernsin) - One of the more popular Senators from last term, many have been calling for him to throw his hat into the ring for quite some time. His lack of recent Cabinet experience may be weighing on some voters' minds, however, and his desire to pull back from the Senate has led to whispers of time issues, both of which may throw some doubt over his campaign, should he choose to run.

PhDre - Another popular Senator, he has been praised by many for his moderate stance of issues, as well as activity. Like MSF, however, he has no recent Cabinet experience, and has most of his current experience in the Senate. Whether or not this will detract voters remains to be seen. It is also worth noting that as a former President, he would bring Executive experience that may sway the region.

I Knew You Were Trouble (Not Likely Contenders)

Mousebumples - I just want to put this out there, she is a great Minister, wonderful WA Delegate, and very active in the CA, but a run for Presidency seems very unlikely. If she hasn't run by now, with near universal popularity (see: Europeian Star Award, as well as four other wins) she likely never will. Although, if she does, consider her the favorite to win.

Pope Lexus X - If Kraketopia decides not to run, many will look to his Vice-President to step up and run for the office. I would say, keep looking. Activity seems to be a huge problem for him this term, and I doubt many will see that as a positive. In fact, in the last approval poll of the President, his Vice-President was much less popular than him. It would seem many think there is a more suitable heir to the Presidency. If his activity sees a sharp uptick before the standing period, however, he may be a contender. He certainly has the experience for the job, but it may not be enough.

Rach - Seeing an increase in activity after her almost comical rise to the Senate, the biggest thing on the voters' mind when they see her name for President will likely be "Balder". As the leader of another region, it would make very little sense for her to run for President. There will always be questions about where her efforts are more concentrated, and there is almost no way it will work out for her.

Zenny Fominov - The largest problem here is just the controversy. Although she had a successful run in Culture last term, many voters will not be able to get past the DAF concerns of the summer, as well as her unpopular Senate term. On top of that, she is also the leader of another region (The Communist Bloc) and would encounter many of the same problems Rach would, about where her loyalites lie.

Never Grow Up (Vice-Presidential Picks)

Some candidates are just not ready for the big time, but still have a lot of potential. Since the Presidential race often overlooks the Vice-Presidential picks, I decided that these candidates would likely bring enough to the ticket, without necessarily being able to hold the top spot themselves right now, therefore being ideal picks for the position.

Calvin Coolidge/Writinglegend - I included these two together, because both would bring the same thing to the table: newcomer appeal, and recent Cabinet success. If a candidate wanted to add this to ticket, they would be the ideal choices.

hyanygo/Notolecta - For the tickets in need of experience, these two would be the ones to go to. Both bring extensive legislative and judicial knowledge, that would greatly benefit any youthful ticket.

Ending Note

Whoever stands this week, this election will be a close one. No candidate will have an easy job, as there are many hurdles to overcome. I wish all the candidates luck, and hope that this process nets us a viable leader for the next term. Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge, apparently the same person as Writinglegend.

Interesting... . Maybe it will be none of these. A truly unexpected ticket. Im calling it right now: r3n/Onder for Pres/VP!

I should probably be lower on this list, right? I have to have burned off at least some of my political capital recently. :p

Drecq said:
Interesting... . Maybe it will be none of these. A truly unexpected ticket. Im calling it right now: r3n/Onder for Pres/VP!
Swak/Vinage - the resurrection!

Id vote for them if they came back at the last second and did absolutely nothing. Swak/Vinage would be a powerhouse.

*yawn*

Not to the article, to the next election which I assume will be very boring.

Marnip said:
Great article! Just a side note... You can never guess what Frank Underwood will do next.
Marnip 4 Prez?

Back