Presidential Issues Polling Results.

What areas should be focused on in the coming term?

The Navy is what people want to focus on the most, with 72.2% of the region wanting it to be a focal point of the next term. Coming a distant second is the GAP with 44.4% feeling it needs to be focused on. The rest of the areas polled are only focal points for a third of the region or less.

Election Impact:
The candidate who satisfies the public most on the the Navy and the GAP will be the winner, so expect to see candidates get grilled thoroughly on this issue.

Do you support the GAP?

The Yes’ win this one with 61.1%, but there is still plenty of opposition to the GAP, and polling on this past term suggests those that are against are more pessimistic about the GAP than the for’s are optimistic.

Election Impact:

This is an important issue to the people and one of the most divisive, so voters would likely vote for whomever they side with, but this will likely serve more as a base that will get added to or subtracted from based on other issues.

Do you support a Ministry of Innovation?

People really don’t know what they think about creating a Ministry of Innovation or maybe they are just indifferent.

Election Impact:

These numbers can’t give a clear indication of which is the case, but they do show that this ministry will be mostly irrelevant when determining votes.

Do you support an international paper?

77.8% of those polled support the idea of an international paper, so it seems the current course is the right one here.

Election Impact:

Support of an international paper is clearly the best path for any candidate.

Do you support Malashaan’s tiering system?

Malashaan’s proposed tiering system has some support, with 38.9% supporting it as proposed and 27.8% liking the general idea, but feeling enthusiastic about the large number of directors called for.

Election Impact:

Straight up opposition of this system wouldn’t bode well for a candidate, but modest plan is likely to get the most support on this issue. Although, structural matters are rarely a significant factor in elections.

Should the AG be involved in legislation?

The region is split 38.9% for and against, and 22.2% are undecided.

Election Impact:
This likely won’t matter when it comes to the election due to the AG being a position that receives little spotlight.

What should Culture focus on?

The vast majority agree with Malashaan that events need to be more internally focused, but only half are sold on his his plan to release weekly events, perhaps doubting cultures logistical ability to complete such tasks on top of other events.

Election Impact:
A candidate more focused on traditional festivals, small games, and occasional themed weeks might make some minor gains, but expect culture to remain pretty much a non-issue.

What direction should the Navy be taken in?

More than half the the respondents called for the building of leadership skills, with 26.3% want focus on a small core, and 36.8% want all sailors taught the skills necessary leadership skills. 15.8%(one other was also in support) want to expand into imperialism, 10.5% wanted to reduce the Navy to an exclusively FA tool, and 5.3% wanted to abolish it. Another 5.3%(1 vote) voted other with the desire to see a more robust volunteer force.

Election Impact:

The Navy is a focal point for the next term, so any candidate would have to line up with the populaces desire for leadership building in order to stand a chance of winning the election.

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction overall?

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction with regards to the Interior?

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction with regards to Culture?

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction with regards to Communication?

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction with regards to FA?

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction with regards to the GAP?

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction with regards to the Navy?

Do you believe Malashaan/Mousebumples will take Europeia in the right direction with regards to innovation?

The populace generally trust the Malashaan/Mousebumples ticket to do a good job running the executive, but there is a bit of skepticism when it comes to the GAP, the Navy, and new ideas. With the GAP and the Navy being important areas of focus for the coming term, a candidate with strong policies in these areas may be able to win the voters over.

Written by: Notolecta
Poll by: Notolecta
Edited by: Mousebumples, Calvin Coolidge, PhDre

Good analysis and useful results. I hope the candidates remember this poll going into next term.

I'm surprised that people don't feel more comfortable with the G.A.P. in their hands, while I do think F.A. and Navy are the big weaknesses for Malashaan... isn't it widely accepted that Malashaan has done a good job with the G.A.P. himself?

Rach said:
I'm surprised that people don't feel more comfortable with the G.A.P. in their hands, while I do think F.A. and Navy are the big weaknesses for Malashaan... isn't it widely accepted that Malashaan has done a good job with the G.A.P. himself?
Mal pretty much saved GAP in my eyes. I believe that if it hadn't turned around this term it should have been scrapped. Thankfully it didn't come to that, thanks to Mal's extensive efforts.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps merging the GAP into Foreign Affairs is what is causing the lack of support. Since the start of the GAP argument, supporters could always claim "At least we're not pulling resources from somewhere else". Now that GAP is FA, they can't make that argument. If FA is one of Malashaan's weaknesses to begin with, I could see people having a problem with that.

Rach said:
The GAP is hardly unanimously supported, besides I don't know that we have any idea what people think about how good mala has been running the GAP. His high polling numbers for last term have dozens of possible causes including the following: people admire his work ethic, people like him as a person, and they contrasted him against the original inactive minister.

I think in many ways the G.A.P. is kind of like when countries subsidies the fuel people buy. People love them but they aren't the best and end up hampering growth. Furthermore, it is difficult to wean people off of them. I still think it would be better to focus more on being adventurous and exciting and doing some rather new things.

Increased progress in helping to build other regions is not adventurous and exciting?

Calvin Coolidge said:
Increased progress in helping to build other regions is not adventurous and exciting?
It can be. But I don't think many would call the GAP adventurous or exciting :p

I wish someone who knew more about the Navy were running.

Back