HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
"ENN Presidential Debate Liveblog"

HEM @ 7:38pm MT: hi everyone. sorry, skipping the opening statements because my takeout delivery was late.

HEM @ 7:41pm MT: Question on what we should be doing on F/S action. Darcness: "Nobody expects anything of us, and we are meeting that expectation!"

HEM @ 7:43pm MT: Same question to CSP: "Please go back and listen to a 90 minute radio show I did eight months ago."

HEM @ 7:45pm MT: CSP drawing a contrast here. Darc seemed to imply that there was a limited number of public-facing actions that can be taken, but CSP seems to disagree saying that some of the work would be significantly public-facing, including expanding our ability to defend our allies.

HEM @ 7:48pm MT: Darc opting for a post hoc ergo proptor hoc for the decline of activity in Communications and his banning approval opinion polls. Darc essentially argues that we got the same amount of polls (from private media) and a few polls in Comms wouldn't have helped much.

HEM @ 7:50pm MT: CSP declines to push on one of Darc's historically least popular policy stances.

HEM @ 7:53pm MT: There are times that CSP really sounds like Spock from Star Trek from J. J. Abrams' trilogy.

HEM @ 7:55pm MT: Calvin is so upset that this debate has been very boring.

HEM @ 7:59pm MT: "Hit a WALL" on WA influence is a truly unfortunate phrase.

HEM @ 8:02pm MT: Lots of praise for the World Assembly from both candidates, but also a bit of waffling on both sides -- especially Darcness: "We could expand our influence, but it would be risky." Is Europeia willing to do anything that is risky??

HEM @ 8:03pm MT: Darcness pushing back on the whole "festivals have been mixed" narrative by saying a lot of the activity was on gameside, a big part of his platform last time. Solid move.

HEM @ 8:05pm MT: "People wouldn't have missed out on half of it if they had been told about it" >> CSP parrying Darc's claim that people missed activity on gameside by claiming he failed to communicate. The Goldenblock has been very quiet this term.

HEM @ 8:10pm MT: CSP: "We haven't had a Presidency that mobilize our Ministries"

HEM @ 8:11pm MT: There's been a bit of a pattern here now of Darc just letting attacks against him stand. Responding to his opponent saying that he hasn't done enough with "we are trying to do REALLY small things" is an odd strategy.

HEM @ 8:14pm MT: update: i invited myself into the debate to ask a question only to get shot the fuck down by Darc. heartbreaking.

HEM @ 8:17pm MT: Darc: "I don't like the idea of actually suggesting ideas during a so-called presidential campaign"

HEM @ 8:19pm MT: The peanut gallery is talking about how this debate is boring. One big reason why might be that CSP is traditionally a flamethrower, but is wayyyyyy ahead in the polls. Our typical assertive politico might be looking at this as an opportunity to play safe defense, while Darcness feels the freedom to be honest (e.g. talking about only accomplishing *small* goals).

HEM @ 8:23pm MT: Spicy question provoked by Calvin the moderator: Would you trust your opponent to have a good term?

CSP: I love Darc. He is my brother from another motha. I would die for him one hundo percent. But also he's been a gigantic failure and we're all dead as fuck if he's relected.
Darc: I hope but only if he rolls a D20!!

HEM @ 8:30pm MT: OK, finally my time to shine!!! I asked CSP about whether he can expect him to achieve his grand policy platforms, and asked Darc how we can measure his microscopic progress over the next 20 years.

HEM @ 8:32pm MT: yes, unfortunately, I remember some of CSP's presidential mistakes a decade ago.

HEM @ 8:35pm MT: CSP has a bit of a waffly closing statement. Chiding folks for wanting more drama in the debate, applauding Darc again, and then listing all the attributes he thinks he has that Darcness lacks.

Last edited:
Is Europeia willing to do anything that is risky??
Surely anyone who knows anything about our externally oriented ministries knows that the answer to this is no.

HEM @ 8:14pm MT: update: i invited myself into the debate to ask a question only to get shot the fuck down by Darc. heartbreaking.
I have to be honest, "Your questions come later HEM," might be a top radio moment for me.
Hard agree.

I liked the debate, it’s definitely gotten me more excited for what the next term will look like.

Back