Pre-Standing Senate Poll - Results

Lime

Lime Green At Last
Associate Justice
Senator
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
I've decided not to include analysis as this wouldn't be out till Wednesday in all likelihood if I did. The poll ran from April 11th to April 13th and had a total of 26 respondents.

How would you rate the performance of Speaker Calvin Coolidge?

Mean - 7.2
The best out of this Senate, very solid performance
Pushed CA agenda, which is fine, but just not certain polls done reflected the true desires the public of what he wanted.
Assembly plan has gone nowhere
He clearly should have resigned from the speakership and then from the Senate as well so MD could be speaker.
He has kept things moving along steadily, and you can't blame him for the Senate having a low amount of legislation to debate.

How would you rate the performance of Senator Aexnidaral Seymour?

Mean - 7

There were no comments for Aexnidaral.

How would you rate the performance of Senator Darcness?

Mean - 7.2

Darcness has been the voice of pragmatism in the Senate.
He spent the majority of the term just occasionally poping in with comments. Those comments were substantive but it would have been great if they were more frequent.
He actually pays attention to GH posts so that's a plus.

How would you rate the performance of Senator Ervald?

Mean - 6.5

He’s been putting up a great effort, particularly for a 1st term senator.
Active and decent comments.

How would you rate the performance of Senator GraVandius?

Mean - 5.5

He’s been doing a good job, being sufficiently active and the such.
His activity slipped at the end of the term but he was generally active and did a lot in the beinging to push debate.

How would you rate the performance of Senator United Vietussia?

Mean - 5.8

Active, but his ideas seemed a bit and as if he didn't understand Euro's process. Wasn't too open to just letting something go.
Although with limited success, UV has been proposing various pieces of legislation which displays his willingness to try along with sufficient activity.
Very Active. Definitely a future legislative leader.

How would you rate the performance of the Senate as a whole?

Mean - 5.8

The CA concept is terrible and has ignored feedback from ... everyone.
I liked how active the Senate as a whole was.
Did'nt do all that much.
What exactly has been done?

They’re not providing high level of scrutiny
Nobody resigned so that’s a plus

Comparision of Means

Calvin Coolidge - 7.2
Darcness - 7.2
Aexnidaral Seymour - 7
Ervald - 6.5
United Vietussia & Overall Senate - 5.8
GraVandius - 5.5

Which of the following Senators would you re-elect?

Who would you like to see run in the upcoming Senate election?

lol all the one votes. If you think the relatively less productive than usual senate is deserving of the worst possible rating you are out of your mind. Good to see there are still imbeciles in the region. We certinly couldn't get along without them. Personally, if you do not have the balls to voice why every single Senator put in the worst performance imaginable in public, then I couldn't care less about your anonymous opinion. These polls are garbage.

Tell us how you really feel, GraV :emb:

I would like to note, for the second time since coming to Europeia, that I was not one of GraV's 1-star ratings. :p

Aexnidaral Seymour said:

Finally, I've achieved the unachievable!
Guess Nickelback needs a new album?

Nick Powell said:
Aexnidaral Seymour said:

Finally, I've achieved the unachievable!
im impressed you didnt comment on the meat of the polls
Yes, when do you ever miss a chance to comment on meat, Aex?

-- In all humorlessness, thanks to Punch for conducting this survey.

An average of 7 isn't that different from the top average of 7.2 --

I think each individual's scores were probably pulled down by the overall dislike of this senate term as a whole. So, while Calvin, Aex, and Darcness might have gotten 8s or 9s in a normal term, because they were here during a slow term, their scores were individually pulled down as well.

The absolute numbers aren't super important, but the ranking and difference between the averages are a more important measure here.

I guess that's the thing that I find interesting. There's not really anything 'slow' about this term. We tackled two pretty ambitious projects this term, and handled a handful of other smaller legislation pieces.

Making sure that legislation does NOT pass is just as important as making sure legislation does pass. The President signing 5 'gimme' one-line amendments is not a 'busy' term. People really should pay attention to the Senate.

Back