Possible alternative header [completed]

Calvin Coolidge said:
I can't tell much of a different, but I'll take your word for it. :p
The positions of the bottom and top thingies that link you to stuff switched. :p It's not that different.

I like it.

Malashaan said:
I knew what you meant, and my comment stands. I don;t mind it personally - it feels like it fits in in classic - becaue classic is generally colorful.
This. The colour is nice...and the starkness of the white is not.

Anumia said:
Malashaan said:
I knew what you meant, and my comment stands. I don;t mind it personally - it feels like it fits in in classic - becaue classic is generally colorful.
This. The colour is nice...and the starkness of the white is not.
A while back, you used to be one of the most vocal opponents of my use of this teal for the President usergroup and elsewhere on the forum :p .

My thoughts: remove the blue background from the header logo (http://z6.ifrm.com/4812/177/0/p1031091/EuroLogo.svg) and make it transparent. Then create a repeatable skyline image with the blue background color, so the skyline is on the full width. If this looks bad, you can just keep it on the right. But I'd definitlely make the background of the skyline blue.

If you need an example just tell me. :) Good work so far!

Based on what looked like a majority of positive comments, this has now been implemented in all skins.

This is an experimental change. Should the consensus in this thread be against the new headers, I'll revert to the old ones.

I like it. I've switched over to EuroClassic (from EuroBright) and part of the reason for me was the header. I just feel like it looks really quite nice in all the skins.

Feedback from Euro Dark users in particular would be appreciated, as the header there changed more drastically than in other themes.

I use Euro Dark, but I didn't even notice that there had been a change, because I'm a heathen.

Sorry, r3n.

EuroDark - Looks great! The header for Vice President in the Government flyout is a little hard to read due to the dark-on-dark. But, overall, I like it!

Back