Possible alternative header [completed]

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
I've been toying with the following alternative design for the forum header:

(Sorry, I don't have time to apply the mock up to Euro dark, my flight is about to leave :p ).

One thing that's been bothering me about our forum header since I first designed it in 2013(?) are the background colors in the skyline and the forum link bar. While they look nice when you look at the header in isolation, they are a bit alien when viewed as part of the larger forum. They are both accents that are not used anywhere else. This is particularly problematic with the teal of the forum link bar, which is both very saturated and very high contrast.

Another feature of the header that's at odds with the design of the rest of the forum are the sharp white boundaries between links. It's not as bothersome as the off colors, but still somewhat annoying.

The alternative design takes care of both of these issues. Basically, the alternative header has the same design details as a regular forum category, with the same background and border stylings.

Any thoughts?

Calvin Coolidge said:
I can't tell much of a different, but I'll take your word for it. :p
The current forum header is the same as before :p . The proposed alternatide is shown inthe spoilered screenshots.

I like the modified header!

I think both suggested versions look better

I like the adjustment proposed, especially for bright (Team Bright). As for the employment teal, perhaps the solution is introduce more blue so it isn't so strong (green being the colour we will percieve as stronger regardless ... something something cones)

I don't mind the teal color in Euro-classic. I think switching the positions would likely look better with or without the teal (or a variant thereof).

For the record, I was referring to the teal in the background of the forum link row (region, government, etc.). I generally refer to the other, colorful row as the header ad row.

I knew what you meant, and my comment stands. I don;t mind it personally - it feels like it fits in in classic - becaue classic is generally colorful.

Back