Pop-up and re-direct advertisements

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Based on reports from members of both the Europeian and other forums, it looks like a number of pop-up and re-direct advertisements are showing up on ZetaBoards forums.

We have reported the issue to ZetaBoards, and they have responded that they will do the best they can to filter them out. To assist them in this task, they have requested that we point them to specific disruptive advertisements we see on our site.

For this reason, next time you encounter such as an advertisement, we ask that you take a screenshot and send it to us, so that we can report it to ZetaBoards. If a screenshot is not possible, then you can report what the ad is advertising and, if it's a re-direct, what URL it takes you to. Please submit these reports in this thread. If the ads are so severe that you cannot even post on the forum, then please send them to me over DM on discord.

Thanks in advance for the helpful reports!

As a follow-up, please submit the reports about the pop-up/re-direct ads here. If the ads are so severe that you cannot even post on the forum, then please send them to me over DM on discord. Thanks.

brickages.com is the latest one that keeps popping up, but there have been a few others.

The content is always the same -- a dialog box that says my iPhone has been randomly selected to receive a $1,000 gift card, then a redirect to a website that purports to offer me a variety of gift cards to choose from, with a two-minute countdown clock for me to make my decision. (I've never stayed on the page long enough to see what happens when the two-minute time expires.

As a note, I've purchased ad removal for the forum, to completely remove ads. The amount I bought will last us for 20 days.

Hopefully ZB will have addressed the issue by that time. If not, I'll renew the ad removal, until the offending ads go away.

r3naissanc3r said:
As a note, I've purchased ad removal for the forum, to completely remove ads. The amount I bought will last us for 20 days.

Hopefully ZB will have addressed the issue by that time. If not, I'll renew the ad removal, until the offending ads go away.
Thank you for spending your resources to make Europeia a better place!

r3naissanc3r said:

I can contribute if you need. Just message me.

r3naissanc3r said:

Thank you for being amazing r3n!

The ad removal expired. ZB claims that they have fixed this.

If people haven't been getting the pop-ups despite the expired ad removal, then this mean that the fix was successful. Let me know so that I can report back to ZB.

r3naissanc3r said:
The ad removal expired. ZB claims that they have fixed this.

If people haven't been getting the pop-ups despite the expired ad removal, then this mean that the fix was successful. Let me know so that I can report back to ZB.
As of today, everything has been good on my front.

Just wanted to let you know that I got like three pop up ads all from the same website. I didn't get a screenshot but I copied the link if that helps at all:http://considernetwork.com/show.php?c=walmart&p=f495a44c120989ddeb00bbc1639ad5b1&subid=V7562277871502088623117994&t=1502088623

Edit: It basically looks like what Skizzy described earlier only on a different site :/

r3naissanc3r said:

thank you

r3naissanc3r said:

thank you

I reported the new pop-up ads, together with the new redirect link to ZB. Hopefully they will address it soon.

In the meantime, I purchased some more ad removal. It should keep the forum pop-up free till ZB fixes the issue.

r3naissanc3r said:
I reported the new pop-up ads, together with the new redirect link to ZB. Hopefully they will address it soon.

In the meantime, I purchased some more ad removal. It should keep the forum pop-up free till ZB fixes the issue.
Thank you :D

Back