Picture of the Day

Caption: President of France Emmanuel Macron and Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany unveil WWI Armistice centenary plaque. The Plaque reads, ""On the centenary of the 11 November 1918 armistice, Mr Emmanuel Macron, president of the French Republic, and Ms Angela Merkel, Chancellor of the federal Republic of Germany, here reaffirmed the value of Franco-German reconciliation in the service of Europe and peace".

Caption: A print of Colonel John Haslet's Delaware Regiment. I own a copy of this print so I thought you guys would like it :p

Boooooo

Unfunny joke

Anyway, Nice pictures!
Maybe i’ll be using one of them in my factbook?
Who knows :/

Last edited:
? GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN, LONG LIVE OUR NOBLE QUEEN, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! ?

Caption: XB-70A AV-1 touching down on its last flight on February 4, 1969, when Fitzhugh “Fitz” Fulton and Emil “Ted” Sturmthal delivered it to the Air Force Museum (now the National Museum of the USAF).

Caption:
When U.S. soldiers are pinned down by the Viet Cong (VC) near the Cambodian border, Capt. Robert F. Foley’s “A” Company rushes to the battle to relieve their embattled sister company. Pvt. 1st Class John F. Baker, Jr. and another soldier take out two enemy bunkers. When his comrade is mortally wounded, Baker spots four enemy snipers and eliminates all of them, then evacuates his fellow soldier. Returning to the front, he leads several attacks on the enemy, killing several VC and silencing additional bunkers. After charging through the jungle with his machine gun to wipe out another bunker, Baker covers his unit’s evacuation. In total, he rescued eight soldiers.

Meanwhile, the fire concentrated on Capt. Robert F. Foley‘s location is so intense that he loses two of his radio operators. Grabbing a machinegun from a wounded soldier, Foley charges forward – alone – to maintain the momentum of the attack and keeps firing until the wounded can be extracted. Once his men rally, he leads attacks against several machine gun positions, personally eliminating three, despite being wounded by an enemy grenade.

For their actions, Baker and Foley are both awarded the Medal of Honor.

Back