Honos Habet Onus
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Europeian of the Year Nomination: Prim
A Military Times Special
By Olde Delaware

The OIM is quiet and dusty, even in forum form going through the threads of the forum feels like cracking open a sarcophagus of a long lost tomb, a forgotten relic of yesteryear. When I first came to Euro, it was the OIM who nominated the Europeian of the Year via an article. Some long, some short, I know mine was long whereas Darcness's nomination of Pyn was just 4 short paragraphs. I don't know how the EuroChoice judges will nominate and pick a new Europeian of the Year, but hopefully with this article its a little easier.

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death" - Thomas Paine

When I look back on 2018, it will always be in memory of the knock down, drag out arguments I had with Prim. It has been a long time, a very long time since I debated someone across the entire forum and via a chat platform. No matter the topic, no matter how wrong either one of us were at that given moment. Neither one of us would back down both because we are stubborn and because we stand by our principles. Prim and I don't see eye to eye on much, we are two different people both in the region and throughout our real lives. I am a Republican, Prim is not. I am a moderate, Prim is not. Prim has a wife and children, I am painfully single.

If we agree on nothing else, it is that we both loves Europeia very much and would do anything in our power to maintain it and our community.

Prim has spent the last year giving everything he has to Europeia with all of the vigor and the personal strength of a President, with passion so great that it oozes from every speech large or small. Every action is done purposely and purposefully to aim for something bigger than himself. I've seen this in few others, I see it often times in myself although I am not the best at articulating how I feel. Prim has been a mainstay as Interior Minister, as a recruiter, as a mentor working with integrating our new citizens into Europeia and encouraging them to run for high office.

Everything Prim does, he does well.

Despite our differences, I had no hesitation with voting for Prim in multiple Senate elections because I feel when Prim acts he acts in my best interests even when we are at each others throats about those interests. The best representative for the people is one that can take those concerns and turn them into action and this year, Prim has done just that. Even now, as we are preparing to head into the next round of reform talks, I have little doubt that Prim will once again put everything he has into ensuring a better future for Europeia and and all of our citizens.

For his tireless work ethic in maintaining an active and engaged Interior Ministry, for his dedication to the people of Europeia throughout an intense and often times contentious debate on reform, and for a steadfast determination toward making Europeia and its community a welcoming place for our citizens., I hearby nominate Prim for Europeian of the Year.

This is a great article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back