Panel Discussion

We judge our Presidents largely on effort. That's a good thing -- bold vision without effort is worthless, but effort can carry a leader pretty far even in the absence of vision. Neither candidate has distinguished himself with his vision, but we'll be fine so long as whoever wins puts in the requisite effort, and gets his Cabinet to do the same. That's how I'll decide my vote tomorrow.

I agree with Skizzy. I would have liked to have seen more vision from the candidates, and more debate between them over competing visions, but the important issues once one of them is President are going to be activity and management skills. While I do think one candidate has more experience under his belt to indicate the kind of job he'll do as President, I think both candidates have demonstrated that they're active and dedicated Europeians as well as having strong management skills, and I think Europeia will do relatively well next term no matter which of them is elected.

I appreciate the opportunity to participate in this panel discussion. Thanks to CSP for hosting it and to Skizzy and PhDre for also participating.

Effort can definitely take us far in the absence of vision, but I'm also apprehensive about a lot of effort running in circles. If either candidate can pedal hard for 70 days in one direction, it'll be a good term. Like Skizzy I'll vote for the guy who can pedal the hardest, but I still want to see our next President be more aware and assertive regarding an overall 'vision' than what we were provided in today's 'debate' / conversation. Thank you for having me CSP, and to Cormac and Skizzy for always providing different but very valuable perspectives.

Well, it was fun guys. Thank you very much for your contributions to a pretty good conversation and a big thank you to everyone who has read and offered their input in the reaction thread.

Back