Common-Sense Politics

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Deputy Minister
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
PLACEHOLDER

A substantive article will be going here soon. Don't archive my fucking outlet.

I don't know where the newspapers have gone. Now, I've been here from the start, god knows how a newcomer is going to find them.

*prepares pitchforks*

In all seriousness, I would like some open consultation w.r.t newspaper archiving. This is because, in my opinion, newspapers provide a fantastic resource for citizen integration. Anyone interested in this claim can PM me directly.

PLACEHOLDER

Yeah, it's been a week since you posted your last Video of the Day. I allowed that as an article so this newspaper wouldn't die, in all seriousness. And it might seem like archiving newspapers is rampant, but that's only because there have been a few papers who haven't been maintained for a month.

PLACEHOLDER

Yeah, it's been a week since you posted your last Video of the Day. I allowed that as an article so this newspaper wouldn't die, in all seriousness. And it might seem like archiving newspapers is rampant, but that's only because there have been a few papers who haven't been maintained for a month.
So? What harm does that do to anyone? People will read the active articles and not look at the rest. I understand if a newspaper hasn't been active in six months, sure shut it down, but the fact is that these outlets are, nine times out of ten, ways for citizens of Europeia to put out an Op-Ed whenever they want. And sometimes there's nothing that I might feel passionate about going on, or that CSP might think that he has expertise on. The fact is, that's not the point of private media. Private media is there to be a voice for the citizens when the citizens want to use it.

PLACEHOLDER

So? What harm does that do to anyone? People will read the active articles and not look at the rest. I understand if a newspaper hasn't been active in six months, sure shut it down, but the fact is that these outlets are, nine times out of ten, ways for citizens of Europeia to put out an Op-Ed whenever they want. And sometimes there's nothing that I might feel passionate about going on, or that CSP might think that he has expertise on. The fact is, that's not the point of private media. Private media is there to be a voice for the citizens when the citizens want to use it.
If you want to keep your outlet and it's been a month (for instance if there's a leave of absence), talk to me or the Secretary of Media and I won't archive your outlet, and we can also negotiate an extended deadline for activity. Of the newspapers that have been archived in the past month, one was given up so Remsol could become EBC Director, and the rest were due to departure. I warned the newspaper owners that their newspapers were due to be archived, but they weren't active enough to reply.

So generally, if people aren't around enough to post an article once every 30 days, then they're not really active in this region and the newspapers sit there gathering dust. I know that's not going to be the case with CSP, or McEntire, or Swak, or Drexlore. For instance, McEntire, I recall warning you one or two weeks before your newspaper was going to be archived, and then you went on a LOA so that didn't count, and then you posted an article. No harm done. And if your newspaper gets archived, then that's OK...just apply for it again and the admins will resurrect it. I'm not really seeing the overwhelming burden on private media here.

Back