On Discord Moderation

Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
With the passage of the Administration Omnibus Act, the admin team is now the primary body responsible for the moderation of the Discord server and other communications platforms. Therefore, we would like to inform the public of changes to the moderation team.

Effective immediately, the following citizens will serve as moderators of the Discord server under the admin team:

@Vlaska
@Istillian (added 5/5/20)
@Kazaman (added 4/10/21)
@Seva (added 4/10/21)
@Prim (added 1/18/23)

Vlaska will serve as Chief Moderator, meaning he will be the primary liaison with the admin team for any issues that may arise in this new system, procedural or practical. In my role as Associate Administrator for Discord, I, Sopo, will be the primary contact on the admin team for the moderators. The admins and mods will work in tandem to moderate and protect the Discord server, with admins able to step in if the moderators are unavailable.

All in-character/roleplay violations will still be handled by the roleplay government, primarily the Attorney General. The moderators will report any potential violations of Europeian law they become aware of to the appropriate in-character authority.

We have made changes to the Discord Rules, found below, to reflect the change of legal status for the moderation team. We will be more strictly enforcing the server’s PG-13 policy, including “Euro After Dark” activity previously allowed to slide. Please remember that many of our members are under the age of 18 and do not wish to be subjected to sexually (or otherwise) explicit discussions. We will continue to review and revise these rules as required.

The admins will also continue to consider requests for no-contact orders under our existing policy. This will remain unchanged for the time being.

Should you wish to appeal the decision of a moderator, please contact any of the admins.

---

EUROPEIAN DISCORD RULES

1. All posts and linked content will be PG-13.

2. Personally identifiable information of other members may not be shared without their consent. This includes real names, ages, addresses, jobs, schools, or any other information that may be used either alone or in combination with other information to identify an individual.

3. Content that is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminates against a group of individuals on the basis of a characteristic they cannot or should not be expected to change is prohibited.

4. Posts made to flame or bait another player into a response that do not reasonably advance a topic of conversation are prohibited.

5. Spamming is not allowed outside of designated areas.

6. Any posts that make another member reasonably feel unsafe or harassed or that unreasonably interfere with the other members’ use and enjoyment of the server are prohibited.

7. All conversation, within reason, should be conducted in English, the working language of Europeia. (added 5/5/20)

8. Your nickname or username must contain your forum name or a shortened version thereof so that you can be identified. (ex. since my username is Sopo, I can freely change my nickname. If my username were something else, I would need to include Sopo in my nickname) Please do not use non-Latin characters in your nickname (exceptions will be made for emojis in a nickname or username as long as it is easily searchable). (added 6/8/20, updated 4/12/22)
--

Harassment

If you or someone you know is being harassed, please reach out to a member of the Europeian Discord Moderation team ( use @Moderator or message one individually) or a member of the Europeian Discord Administration staff ( use @Admin or message one individually ). If the harassment did not occur on Discord, you can find ways to report it on NationStates or on the Europeian forum by clicking here. If you are not certain whether what you experienced or witnessed was in fact harassment then please err on the side of caution and inform the previously mentioned persons anyway. Even if what you witnessed or experienced was not in Europeia, please contact our forum administration so they may ascertain whether action needs to be taken.

--

Moderation Escalation Tree

Steps may be skipped depending on the severity of the violation.

(1) Verbal warning (mod)
(2) Public/formal warning (mod)
(3) Timeout/Mute (mod)
(4) Kick from server (mod)
(5) Short term ban (mods, in consultation with admins)
(6) Indefinite ban (mods hand over to admins to determine)
Admins also take the reins on any case that involves a moderator

Last edited:
Thank you for the information and congratulations to the moderator team! I know you'll help to keep us safe. :pride_heart:

All,

I would like to note a few changes as of today. Both @Pichtonia and @Istillian have been added to the Discord moderation team to help us with timezone coverage. Additionally, @Vlaska will be serving as Interim Chief Moderator until Drecq returns from his hiatus.

I have also added Rule 7 to the Discord Rules, confirming that conversations should be conducted in English in the Europeian Discord. This doesn't ban all instances of other languages, but it does mean any significant conversation should take place in the language of our community, which is English. Otherwise, we would have a very difficult time moderating what you're saying.

That's all for now!

Please note the addition of Rule #8:

Your nickname or username must contain your forum name or a shortened version thereof so that you can be identified. (ex. since my username is Sopo, I can freely change my nickname. If my username were something else, I would need to include Sopo in my nickname) Please do not use non-Latin characters in your nickname.

This has been implemented to help admins and moderators easily identify users on Discord. This will not be strictly enforced, but the expectation is that you follow this rule in good faith. Temporary nickname changes for general joke/amusement purposes will be allowed within reason. Non-Latin (i.e. Chinese, Arabaic, etc) script/characters in nicknames will not be allowed, as this makes it difficult to ping said users, though exceptions may be made.

Update 11/5/20

@Lloenflys has stepped down as a moderator. I would like to thank him for his long tenure of service to the community. I would also like to welcome @SkyGreen24 as our newest moderator.

Additionally, I have added a moderation escalation tree to #rules and to the main post here. You can also find it below.

Moderation Escalation Tree

Steps may be skipped depending on the severity of the violation.

(1) Verbal warning (mod)
(2) Public/formal warning (mod)
(3) Kick from server (mod)
(4) Short term ban (mods, in consultation with admins)
(5) Indefinite ban (mods hand over to admins to determine)
Admins also take the reins on any case that involves a moderator

Last edited:
Update 5/4/21

After Drecq's record-breaking tenure, @Vlaska is now Chief Moderator. Drecq remains a moderator and no other staffing changes have been made.
Was there a previous record to be broken?

Update 1/12/22

With Calvin's addition to the admin team, he has been removed as a mod. Discord's new timeout feature added to the Moderation Escalation Tree.

Update 1/31/22

All, @SkyGreen has recently decided to step down as a moderator, effective today. Thanks to Sky for agreeing to wait until we found a replacement and for all of his work protecting the community over the last year +.

Also effective today, @Sarah has been added to the moderation team. Though she is a more recent addition to our community, she is active, has demonstrated great judgment, and is always willing to help! Additionally, we are welcoming back former moderator @GraVandius. A big thanks to both of them for agreeing to join the team.

Very nice to see them join the moderation team!

Update 4/6/22

Drecq and GraVandius have been removed from the Discord Moderation Team. We thank them for their service. We do not have immediate plans to replace them but will consider future additions to the team as need dictates.

Thank you for your sacrifice

Thank you for your work, Drecq and GraV!

Back