OD - The AMA you didn't know you needed

Olde Delaware

Senator
Steward
Deputy Minister
I went way back and looked and the last AmA or 'Ask me Anything' was done by our resident Sloth in 2017. So I am presenting myself, Olde Delaware, your humble Games procurer for this AmA. So ask me anything

DO IT

Olde Delaware

Senator
Steward
Deputy Minister
If you could describe Bobby Orr’s greatness and accomplishments and how they relate to Boston fans, what would you say?
Truly one of the best to play the sport and Boston should be grateful that they had the leadership and dedication that Orr brought to the Garden.

Sopo

witty custom title
Forum Administrator
Council of State
Honoured Citizen
What gives you the right?

Sopo

witty custom title
Forum Administrator
Council of State
Honoured Citizen
Who do you think you are?

HEM

Commander-in-Chief
Forum Administrator
Chief of State
Honoured Citizen
why do you believe Great Britain & Ireland collapsed?

Olde Delaware

Senator
Steward
Deputy Minister
why do you believe Great Britain & Ireland collapsed?
So this is a tough one, I really had to rack my brain and sleep on it to come up with a good answer.

The reason I came up with in my head was I think it was just time. By 2009 most of the senior members were gone with pet projects like TNI which was still dealing with the after effects of the TNR split and of course Euro. Fenchurch, one of the most active members left entirely for TNI, Klopstock left for 10kI, Onder and NES were well established in TNI as well as Posul/Sir Pitt and r3n was using his talents across the world.

The other senior members like Westmorelandia, Stony Stratford and others had long stopped logging on regularly which left a hodgepodge of experienced members and newer folks to pick up what was left, which wasn't much. Most of us just left for greener pastures which is how I ended up in Euro in 2008 and then TNI in 2009.

I really do miss those days, they were a lot of fun and I made some friends that I'm glad to say I still have all these years later. I wonder what would have been if GB&I had stuck around to the present. Not to be cliche, but all I have are my memories which over time fade and become harder to remember.

So to answer your question HEM I think it was just time that ended GB&I.