Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Not the first time, not the last time
Written By HEM Tiberius
ENN Chief Editor

Politics in Europeia are always thrown into turmoil when strong candidates unexpectedly withdraw.

In September 2008 when Renposa was running for President, the wheels were unexpectedly pried off his campaign by future President Pope Lexus X. This turn of events eventually lead to the lackluster administration of Pez201 that eventually posed the Pope to take power by November.

Last August Cordova I who was running an extremely close race against incumbent Lexus had to bow out because of family reasons. This eventually set the stage for Klatonia to lead the NCP to a very strong second place.

Needless to say, this race has been blown open by surprise stepping back of President Falconias who states he will no longer be seeking a second term. This announcement comes to a surprise to Falconias opponents and friends alike. Falconias cites real life chaos moving into the summer and he has received well wishes from the vast majority of the respondents.

Despite the division of this term many people feel that wounds have been healing the last few weeks with strong admin-Presidential cooperation in reigning in criminal Aex who was banned in Europeia.

The one term of President Falconias was controversial and contained numerous ups and downs, but unless something thoroughly bizarre happens, one thing shall be remembered of it: It was finished.

Exclusive Interview with Modern Sin

HEM: Hello Modern Sin, thanks for agreeing to this interview
Modern Sin: Thanks for having me.
HEM: You were seen as an extremely strong Vice Presidential candidate by the public. Now that your ticket has exploded, what are your future plans?
Modern Sin: Well, as I only found out about the recent withdrawal by my running-mate about an hour ago, I'm still working on sorting things out in my head. However, there are talks by several other citizens about formulating a new ticket with myself continuing as VP. I think I could do well in that position, so I will likely continue my bid for VP if another suitable ticket arises.
HEM: Do you have any aspirations to move up on the ticket?
Modern Sin: I currently have no plans to run for President, and I don't see it in my future right now - unless the Line of Succession comes into play, of course.
HEM: Who do you see as potential torchbearers for a new NCP ticket?
Modern Sin: If our party were to try and push another candidate this election, and I can't confirm whether we will, I would most likely support Fortana or Swakistek in the top job. They both have qualities that I feel could be effectively utilized in the Goldenblock.
HEM: Have discussions begun within the NCP?
Modern Sin: Preliminary discussions have begun since Falconias' withdrawal about how we might proceed from here, but as of right now it's mainly speculation and hypothesis.
HEM: Do you think the NCP will be hurt by losing their top tier candidate?
Modern Sin: I think our candidate had a good shot at reelection, but real-life circumstances prevented his continuing. Our party will bounce back - we've suffered much worse during election times.
HEM: Speaking of this election in particular, has your opinion of Rougier's improved or decline as the election went, and goes, on?
Modern Sin: My opinion of Rougiers has yo-yo'ed since elections were called and campaigns began. On one hand, he has grown into a fierce independent politician with hotly-defended ideas. On the other, he's proven several times over that he can sink pretty low when exchanging blows on the campaign battlefield.
HEM: What do you believe Rougiers' chances of election victory are?
Modern Sin says: As it stands, the only obstacle between him and the Presidency is a possible "abstain" option...but he has a large enough support base that he can overcome that, and win the election.
HEM: Alrighty, thank you for your time!
Modern Sin: Thanks!

Hmm.. if you're going on precedents, remember that the immediate aftermath of Renposa being knocked out was a bad Presidency, and my beating Klatonia was followed by my worst term.. Yay for breaking tradition? :unsure:

Interesting interview. I wonder where things will go from here.

Back