[NON-SATIRE] Sopo/Monkey: Ticket 2

Forilian

no longer relevant
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
ARNHELM CITY- Sopo recently revealed that he was running for President in the upcoming election in the Arnhelm Review, then further revealed his VP candidate with the Ombudsman. We wanted to interview this interesting ticket, as Sopo is largely seen as an old, steady hand, while Monkey is a relative newcomer who has seen success in the ministry of culture and is currently second minister.

The underlying theme of this administration if elected would be shaping the role for future administrations. Sopo says that this term is really “shaping what the new presidency will look like, potentially for years to come.” Sopo and Monkey “have some ideas for how to structure the office that will help decrease burnout across the board. [They] also have some really fun ideas for cultural events and communications efforts to engage Europeians and our foreign friends.” Sopo says that “innovation and engagement are the main themes of this campaign.” Sopo believes that Europeia is currently in a good state right now, “so it's a matter of taking the foundation we have and building something great.” Sopo also listed integration as an area of additional focus, and says that the electorate will “see that too” in their platform. Meanwhile, Monkey agrees with Sopo, adding that “ a key element in this presidency is really shaping what the presidency will be like for the future, especially since we've gotten some newer members who may not remember what the presidency was like, since they've mostly existed after the split.” He also added cooperation between ministries as another area of focus.

Sopo says that the dynamic between him and Monkey is mainly a team one. “Monkey really wants to spread his wings and tackle new challenges, and I want him to have those opportunities. I also value his experience this term as second minister and minister of cutlure, so he'll help guide our domestic ministries especially.” Meanwhile, Monkey thinks that “Sopo is an excellent leader with a pretty good track record in terms of getting others excited and passionate, and that's why [he is] so eager for [their] ticket.” Monkey adds that “I really do want to become a better leader and gain more experience in areas such as foreign affairs where I might not be super comfortable with, and I believe that working with Sopo especially will really help me build on these skills.” Monkey is “super excited” to contribute his domestic knowledge and build upon the work that he have done this term, and he hopes “that the following term will allow [him] to become an even more well-rounded politician while improving [his] leadership skills and Europeian knowledge.”

Sopo and Monkey both believe that this first presidential election will be important. Sopo says that it is important because “we're [as a region] setting the tone for the future. Decisions we make may very well impact future presidents down the line. So we're paying particular attention to structure and how to alleviate potential problems, and I hope our work in that area will be beneficial to future administrations as well.” On the other hand, Monkey thinks that “this first presidential election will be important because for a lot of newcomers, it's going back to a unified executive that they may not have seen before. The executive split was good in some aspects, but I think the improved domestic/foreign coordination is key. I know someone said this earlier, but the president role in Europeia also truly has an allure and power to it that our FM and CoS have never had, because they oversee so many segments of Europeia. I am really excited to run in this election and see what the unified executive is capable of.”

In terms of their Cabinet, the Cabinet will be “a mix of new and returning faces, with some returning faces taking on new roles. You'll see some unconventional choices, some safe choices, and some in between. It's a really balanced, talented cabinet, and [they’re] excited to work with all of them.” Monkey adds that “it’ll be a cool lineup of people.”

Sopo and Monkey are both excited about the election and can’t wait to engage with voters.
———————————————————————
If you’d like to join the ARN, please contact me.

Monkey is a relative newcomer
Relative to Sopo, almost anyone is a newcomer, but Monkey's not really new, honestly. He was around a year and a half before he disappeared, and did a lot in that time. Plus he's been back for three months on top of that. Glad to see this article, though.

Relative to Sopo, almost anyone is a newcomer, but Monkey's not really new, honestly. He was around a year and a half before he disappeared, and did a lot in that time. Plus he's been back for three months on top of that. Glad to see this article, though.
Yea, isn't it weird who we do and don't think of as newcomers? Like, I know Monkey was here longer, but at a glance I always think of him and someone like, say, Fori being on equal footing in terms of how long they've been here.

Yea, isn't it weird who we do and don't think of as newcomers? Like, I know Monkey was here longer, but at a glance I always think of him and someone like, say, Fori being on equal footing in terms of how long they've been here.
I think that although he’s not technically new, he does seem new to everyone and that is what matters more.

I think that although he’s not technically new, he does seem new to everyone and that is what matters more.
Right. He'd been gone for quite awhile, and when he was here originally, he was minister of culture, but I don't think it was a whole term. So he definitely "feels" new.

Right. He'd been gone for quite awhile, and when he was here originally, he was minister of culture, but I don't think it was a whole term. So he definitely "feels" new.
To further add on to this, Sopo and Calvin have 3 years plus more between them, but we see both of you as equal in terms of experience. It’s mainly what people think that matters more in these scenarios.

To further add on to this, Sopo and Calvin have 3 years plus more between them, but we see both of you as equal in terms of experience. It’s mainly what people think that matters more in these scenarios.
And to further add on to this, @Secret Lethen has been here since 2015, but he seems as seasoned and veteran as someone like, say, @Sopo

Back