[NON-SATIRE] Lloenflys/Pichtonia: Ticket 1

Forilian

no longer relevant
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
ARNHELM CITY- On the 8th of July, Lloenflys confirmed rumours in #eurochat that Pichtonia was indeed his vice-presidential candidate for the upcoming presidential election. Previous polling had indicated that both candidates were very popular among citizens, and the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) wanted to ask these two candidates about their plans and the election in general.

We first asked Lloenflys and Pichtonia about the underlying themes of their campaign. Lloenflys noted that while "[they] are still of course working on details of [their] platform," there are things that both Pichtonia and him haved cared for a long time that would fit into the theme of their campaign. For example, while Pichtonia and Lloenflys have differing views on oversight, they've "both consistently believed that there is something improtant that can be gained from an effective, consistent oversight program and [they] want to work with the Senate to find a solution that isn't just action for the sake of action but that has real goals and real outcomes." Furthermore, they believe that the current government has been successful in foreign affairs, and they "want to built on that success and continue moving the region's Foreign Affairs forward in the post-split era." They also believe that it is essential that the new merged cabinet works together well, "as a coordinated machine working together to implement the administrations [sic] goals." Lloenflys and Pichtonia both feel strongly on these topics and expects these topics to be important, prominent features in their platform.

The dynamic between Lloenflys and his vice-presidential candidate, Pichtonia, can be described as friendly. Lloenflys has been friends with Pichtonia since he joined the region, and over the past year and a half Lloenflys has been able to observe Pichtonia's work ethic and approach to problem solving. Lloenflys states that "we both rely on strong communication, and are both people who think through options rather than reacting rashly. We work very well together, enjoy bouncing ideas off of each other, and have a strong collaborative rapport that I believe is well suited to running the executive branch of Euro together."

When asked why this presidential election will be important, Lloenflys and Pichtonia offered different insight. While the majority of Lloenflys' Europeian career has been after the executive split, Pichtonia had more experience with the presidency, having been in the region since 2016. To Pichtonia, the return to a presidential system feels like "coming home." "It's hard to describe now, honestly, how this office of President felt. The office of President of Europeia was a beam that you couldn't close your eyes to. Our Presidents carried an authority and esteem with their office that, I fear, I never felt with either the First Minister or Chief of State," Pichtonia said on the presidency. He says that while this election will be emotional for him, it is also very exciting.

Meanwhile, Lloenflys focused on the new direction the re-merge will bring to this region. Lloenflys believes that "no matter what happens we as a region are embarking on a new adventure. If the first administration falls down flat (which I think is unlikely), it would set us back significantly." However, he is further worried "about stagnancy while we try to readjust to the Presidential system." Therefore, he wants to work to ensure that the region does not "miss a beat," that the merge back into a single executive goes smoothly, and that "we keep making strides forward in Foreign Affairs and continue to do great things domestically. We must continue to make this a region that people want to spend time in."

In terms of their cabinet picks, Lloenflys noted that they have had "quite a few conversations about the cabinet and have a pretty solid idea of who [they] would like it to consist of." While they "have been waiting to contact people as it was still a little too early," these conversations are planned and will likely "happen sooner rather than later as we get closer to the standing period." Lloenflys also adds that his aim isn't to pick any age group in particular, but to "make sure that we have the right people in the right positions who [they] think can advance the administration's goals and do solid work."

Lloenflys also wanted to add the following message in this article:

"I would just add that I'm very excited for the upcoming election, whether the only other ticket is that headlined by Sopo or whether we get more candidates running. I think it will be a very interesting, hard-fought election and I'm very excited to be be running in it with Pichto."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you'd like to join the ARN, please contact me.
Note: this was originally meant to be published in the EBC, but the EBC doesn't like me writing articles about Lloen too much, so it's now here instead :p

Thanks for the article Fori! It's nice to get a sort of mini preview of what one of our campaigns this election will be looking like!

I would support anybody that seems to be running including Lloenflys and Pichtochat.

Thank you! I'm sure it'll be en aexciting race and I hope that the platform of Lloen and myself will be able to convince you once we get it out.

This was a quite good article. I do really hope that all this pre-buzz dosent scare off other candidates. While obviously a two way race is great, I’d hope to see at least one other ticket. I think there are certainlet a great number of Europeians who could step up and pull off a win if they through their hat in the ring. If you have a vision for the region, I would greatly encourage you to run!

Did nobody notice that I called Pichtonia Pichtochat or is everybody willfully ignoring that?

I would support anybody that seems to be running including Lloenflys and Pichtochat.

Thank you! I'm sure it'll be en aexciting race and I hope that the platform of Lloen and myself will be able to convince you once we get it out.

was this purposeful lmao

Oh, that actually wasn't 😅
Aex getting leaked for a Cabinet pick already? 👀
How aexciting

Aexciting and Pichtochat are the best things to come out of this thread, save for the exciting ticket announcement!

Back