Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network

Negativity Inactivity, What's Next?
Written By HEM
ENN Chief Editor

It's the old fashioned Winter Blues in Europeia. Last Winter the University was at its peak, activity was skyrocketing with over 200 posts a day. However, the demographics of the region have changed since then, and now 50 posts a day seems to be the word.

However, those 50 posts are not something to enjoy either. Recently a rift has broken in the Senate, and subsequently the region. The peak of this rift being the resignation of Foreign Secretary Kabanatuanistan. The Senate hasn't however, broken along party lines. It has broken along Jr/Sr Senator lines. With Sr. Senator Atikva usually breaking with the Jrs.

Bills have been passed, vetoed and passed with people not knowing if they will actually last long enough before the Senate decided to repeal or the President vetos. This has created alot of confusion, and anger from older members who oppose "useless pieces of paper being added among our statures"

The height of the Senate conflict being with Senator HEM proposed the "Breathing Bill" which caused much tension between him and Speaker Khalid.

The Speaker has also been under fire for "overzealousness" which he denies ferociously. However, it enforces the ideas of Senators who felt a Speaker needs to at least serve one term before taking the gavel. However, since when is following the procedure a bad thing? It depends on your point of view.

Will Europeia recover from this inactive/negative spree? History says "Yes". Very little had gotten Europeia down, and chances are that a month from now, this will all be in the books.

However, it enforces the ideas of Senators who felt a Speaker needs to at least serve one term before taking the gavel

What does taking the gavel mean?

Speakers of Legislative bodies and committees often have one as well.

I know what a gavel is, but what does taking the gavel mean?

I know! I think....

Do you mean that Khalid has to serve at least one term before enforcing the rules in the Senate?

Khalid should, according to that phrase, have been there to see the rules being used and enforced and get his feet wet before he actually became the caretaker, yes.

This is sad. We have to put a stop to this; this is exactly what killed TLK. I just wish I knew how. Each region has its own personality and I'm not sure I have my head around Europeia's yet. ^_^

Edit: http://z6.****************/Europeia/index....7347&st=0&#last

Thanks for good article HEM. I admit I was a bit harsh by the time of Breathing Act...should handle my temper during times like that so I am sorry and hope this situation will be fine. All in all, a good article.

Back