More Questions

Pland Adanna

Citizen
I feel like I come up with about five questions every day, many of which I can answer by searching the forums. However, I still have a few questions (mostly because I'm trying to just learn more about Europeia).
- What would you estimate the age range of Europeia to be?
- Do you get notified before you lose your citizenship?
- What happened at that spike of nations around May 2020? (raid?)
NationHistory.png

UPC

👉😎👉 Zoop
Senate Speaker
Senator
Deputy Minister
Citizen
1. By age range do you mean the age of the players who reside here?

2. Lethen will usually make an announcement in Discord when he is going through the citizenship registry, so if you have an account there that is a good way to make sure that you don't lose your citizenship.

3. The spike around May 2020 was an event called the Drew Boom (or Drewpocalypse.) In short, a YouTuber make a video about NationStates and subsequently the game received enough new members that the servers went down for a time. Very few players who joined during the Drew Boom stayed, but we have had a few remain!

Pland Adanna

Citizen

2. Lethen will usually make an announcement in Discord when he is going through the citizenship registry, so if you have an account there that is a good way to make sure that you don't lose your citizenship.

3. The spike around May 2020 was an event called the Drew Boom (or Drewpocalypse.) In short, a YouTuber make a video about NationStates and subsequently the game received enough new members that the servers went down for a time. Very few players who joined during the Drew Boom stayed, but we have had a few remain!
Yeah, that's what I mean.
Thank you!

UPC

👉😎👉 Zoop
Senate Speaker
Senator
Deputy Minister
Citizen

Yeah, that's what I mean.
Thank you!
Well I am not sure that we keep a record of ages, but you may be able to find some interesting information in our most recent Euro Census!

Peeps

Walking to the Octagon
Cabinet
Citizen
To expand on this, reviews happen about 5-10 days before elections, which occur every 35 days. Overall just make sure to post every 30 days and keep your nation alive and you will be fine!

Astrellan

Someone who did Something(tm)
Deputy Minister
Citizen
UPC explained pretty well above. Prim's Another View has released 3 censues and, if you enjoy facts and figures, there are some interesting trends to pick out between the three which line up pretty well with major events in the region at the time. For example, I think the first census was way before the Drew-boom, the 2nd just before it, and the 3rd just this January, so quite some time after, and you can pick out a couple of trends of increasing activity from all of it.

Prim

WA Delegate
Associate Justice
Citizen
Yeah, the most recent Census, from about a month ago has this as our age range -- around a third of the region is 13-18, another third is 19-25, and another third about 26 and up.

1614015318256.png

We've also seen more younger members joining recently --
1614015482667.png

Lethen

This avatar is the corner of a forum banner
Forum Administrator
Supreme Chancellor
Citizen
Regarding this, yes and no. As everyone has said above, I'll usually ping everyone on Discord before I do a review, and I'll mention it as an attached post in whatever thread is used to open elections officially (i.e. a speech). But also, unless things have changed, I believe your nation will receive a warning telegram when you're in danger of losing citizenship for not fulfilling the posting requirements (perhaps it's triggered when I run a check on our Spreadsheet and your account's inactivity is flagged). This may have changed though, admittedly. If you're active on the forums and Discord but your nation is dead, however, there's no way you really would know/be notified directly unless you checked the Spreadsheet or I told you.