Military Times Editorial: No Consensus on Endorsement, Vlaska expected to remain at post.

Olde Delaware

Honos Habet Onus
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him

Military Times Editorial: No Consensus on Endorsement, Vlaska expected to remain at post.
September 17th 2021
By Olde Delaware

Since the announcement of the creation of the editorial board I must admit I've really enjoyed speaking with our region's past Grand Admirals and learning the unique and intrinsic role they play in our region. We are an Independent power with a proven track record of doing what is right and working with our allies to accomplish goals as a team. In selecting the team, I wanted to make sure of two things, that they understood that the anonymity was to allow them to be as blunt as possible in their advice; and that their trust in my to write only the truth was paramount.

Our region has always thrived on being blunt and direct. We don't beat around the bush. Many members of our region such as the Right Honorable Kuramia and Right Honorable Drecq have made a successful career in being blunt, direct and decisive. Some may argue these are the only things to look for in a leader but in Europeia you must also be compassionate, caring and bold. It is no secret that the Right Honorable Lloenflys is compassionate and decisive just as it is no secret that the Honorable Lime is bold. But if we know nothing else of the citizens Gaudosia and HellsSoldier, is that they have spirit.

But is spirit enough when it comes to the next Commander in Chief of the ERN?

Unfortunately not.

For the Gaudosia/HellsSoldier campaign it comes down to inexperience. A platform calling for "defensive maneuvers" with little substance shows an over eagerness rather than the knowledge one would look for in the next President. Such knowledge is not unattainable, a term or two in the service of the state would do the campaigners a world of good and expand their knowledge toward their next run at the Presidency.

For the more experienced campaigns of Lloenflys and Lime, the decision split along the ideological lines. Lime explained a bit better his position but the addition of former Grand Admiral the Right Honorable HEM added weight and credence to Lloenflys plan. As such, the board was unable to render an endorsement to either candidate at this time.

Our editorial team was able to determine the most likely candidate for the position of Grand Admiral, that being the current Grand Admiral Vlaska. In the words of one of our editors Vlaska "commands a good overall leadership ability and proper decision making". Also named as possibilities for the position were the Right Honorable Peeps and Right Honorable Kazaman, though the latter is believed to be unavailable due to their commitment serving as Balder's current Minister of War.

Technically as a former Speaker I'm Right Honourable as well :p But I don't really care.

Back