Mid term Internal Affairs Satisfaction Poll Analysis and Results

Mid-Term August 2019 Internal Affairs Satisfaction Poll Results and Analyses
Success in Many Areas

Written by HEM and Dax, code by Astrellan

When the halfway point struck First Minister Pichtonia’s (Pichto) term, the EBC released a poll to collect the public’s opinion on how well things had been going. Included in the poll were questions on how satisfied respondents were with the work done by the first minister, deputy first minister, the ministers and ministries. Some current ministers and the current deputy first minister were elected part-way through the term and included a “Too Soon” option or partially excluded from the poll.

The Upper Executive

The current executive should be feeling pretty good, clocking in a sweet 82 percent approval rating. On top of that, a strong majority are “very satisfied," showing that Pichto's Administration has done a good job.

There weren’t many comments here. One commenter exclaimed that, “Pichto and his team are awesome!” However, another explained that they hadn’t seen much progress: “I have no idea what they have done,” they said.
Pichto and his team are awesome!

I have no idea what they have done.

hmmm

Pichtonia’s 93 percent approval rating is getting astonishingly close to the record for an executive leader—President Pineapleboy’s 96.5 percent from October 2007.

Old historical data from ENN suggested that any executive approval rating over 74 percent should be considered “unusually popular” and Pichto’s numbers take the cake here. However, this poll was taken at the height of activity earlier this month and it is tricky to determine whether these results still accurately represent people's opinions.

Even historically popular leaders like Pope Lexus X typically faced challengers. Indeed, an odd paradox exists where popular leaders presiding over activity usually get a challenger because they are creating an environment where people are active and Cabinet-level leaders are performing well and see as eligible to move up.

“His leadership has been just what the executive needed, especially during the summer slump,” one poll respondent says. Another, though, is more critical, asking: “Has he done anything?”
His strong leadership; high energy that is rubbing off on his ministers; and focus on developing our young players deservedly push his satisfaction level up to "very"

Pichto has done a really, really good job. The table was set for him by the hard work last term, but he really took advantage of what was there.

His leadership has been just what the executive needed, especially during the summer slump.

He's been such an active leader and there for his people.

Has he done anything?

yes

Astrellan was recently tapped to replace Deputy First Minister Whitmark, a staffing change that attracted some controversy before being mostly sorted out.

Astrellan had only briefly been in office when this poll was commissioned, so most were holding off judgement.
Too soon since he was just recently nominated.

'Too Soon'. Great option.

He just started.

Have no idea.

pretty ok

The Ministers and Ministries

Radio - Carathetopia
A Ministry that was vacant at the start of the team has chugged back to life, but not without some growing pains according to survey respondents.

“Cara is extremely enthusiastic and I love that - if there's an opportunity it would be on being a little more prepared to avoid some dead air on programming, but that will come with experience!” One polled citizen said. “Good to have the gears running again. Cadence of shows could be a little higher, but as things are just getting roaring I'm pretty satisfied,” another respondent said.

Overall, however, a 70 plus-percent approval rating for a new Cabinet Ministry is incredibly strong, and Carathetopia should feel confident growing in the role. There is also a possibility that she could see opportunities moving up in the coming months.
Cara is extremely enthusiastic and I love that - if there's an opportunity it would be on being a little more prepared to avoid some dead air on programming, but that will come with experience!

Good to have the gears running again. Cadence of shows could be a little higher, but as things are just getting roaring I'm pretty satisfied.

This also needs a 'Too Soon'.

Radio is popping!

None

could have more run time

Communications - Hezekon
Another example where the minister and ministry have the same approval rating—82.2 percent—though less respondents are “very satisfied” with the Ministry itself versus the minister.

People seem very encouraged by the increased quantity of content, a continuation of Hezekon’s revival of the Ministry last term. Three survey respondents do bring up Deepest House’s article summarizing a situation he was apart of as a poor publishing choice. It’s interesting that this issue remains in people’s minds fairly long after the event in question, but maybe that’s truly all anyone can think of to criticize the restored EBC.
Deepest House being allowed to write an article about a situation he was involved in was an extremely poor choice.

Lots of content!

I originally put "satisfied" but after thinking about it, I'm not sure what more could be done in Comms...We had 10 articles in July on a variety of topics. Articles do tend to get published in "clumps" with a gap in between, but that'd be my only gripe and it's barely one at all.

What a dramatic reversal we've seen in the EBC!

Some things have been published without really considering the ramifications, but otherwise the work is great.

It felt odd that DH wrote an article on a situation he was very involved in. While the article wasn't unfair or bias, it would have felt more appropriate if someone else had wrote the article. Other then that, very satisfied with the Ministry of Communications.

More dispatch squad.

None

yeah

Culture - DictatorAnna10
Minister of Culture DictatorAnna10 (DAX) has come out with the highest satisfaction rating of any minister this term, with an incredible 88 percent approval rating. Her ministry is not too far behind, with 86 percent being one of the highest ones here. With help from Olde Delaware, weekend games have been running at a regular clip again, and the 1,000,000th post festival was about to be kicked off when this poll was commissioned.

Notably, there was no criticism left in the comments here, with the most substantial reply being: “Great to see weekly games running on a regular cadence again, and gears definitely seem to be turning. I feel like we're still stuck in the same old festival formula, but that's a long-term issue without an obvious solution.”
Weekend Games are back and fabulous!!

Great to see weekly games running on a regular cadence again, and gears definitely seem to be turning. I feel like we're still stuck in the same old festival formula, but that's a long-term issue without an obvious solution.

She's done so good!

None

maybe

Integration - Astrellan
Now, here’s an interesting one.

While 75 percent of people approve of Minister Astrellan, only 50 percent approve of the Integration Ministry. Most respondents were confused about what, if anything, has occurred in this Ministry so far.

“I know Astrellan was recently elevated to DFM, but I'm honestly not sure what is going on in Integration. Maybe a lot is going on and I just don't know, but if so, would love an update,” one comment said.

“Not completely sure what's going on here,” another survey respondent offered. “Do more. You have people itching to do it,” another said, giving encouraging criticism to the department.

The last public address from the Ministry of Integration was on July 13.
I know Astrellan was recently elevated to DFM, but I'm honestly not sure what is going on in Integration. Maybe a lot is going on and I just don't know, but if so, would love an update.

I'm not really sure what Astrellan/this ministry is doing.

Not completely sure what's going on here.

I’d like to see a little more actually done here

Do more. You have people itching to do it.

None

m

Recruitment
Lots of “unsure” responses here as Bri had only been in office a limited amount of time when this poll was taken. Still, a 60 percent approval rating is strong in face of gameplay trends that have nation counts tipping downward.

Some respondents did wonder about the balance between pushing people to recruit, and not having too much peer pressure. One survey respondent chimed in on this topic: “I think we need a better strategy to encourage people... it should be fun, not stressful like [Whitmark and Bri] made it.”
Gameplay trends have definitely made recruitment hard, but our population dip is hard to ignore...There's been a shakeup here, so we'll see what happens next.

Both Whitmark and Bri are a little off-putting, and I think we need a better strategy to encourage people... it should be fun, not stressful like they've made it.

Good stuff here!

None

effective enough

Possible First Minister Candidates

Respondents were asked to submit the names of those who they would like to see run for First Minister. The following list is organized from top to bottom by the number of votes, then alphabetically. The data found from portion of the article was collected via the “Short Answer” feature in Google forms, a change from the usual “Checkbox” feature, contributing to the numbers being significantly lower than the usual numbers we would see in this section.

Pichtonia - 9
Astrellan - 3
Hezekon - 3
Kuramia - 3

Darcness - 2
DAX - 2
GraVandius - 2

Deepest House - 1
Drecq - 1
Izzy - 1
Lloenflys - 1
Olde Delaware - 1
UnitedPeoplesofCentrism - 1

At the top of the list we see current First Minister Pichtonia far ahead with nine votes, likely due to the success himself and his team has seen this term. Pichto’s leadership and transparency through his Weekly Wrap-Ups have shown the public that he has the energy and experience to potentially lead the Domestic side of the region through another term.

Coming in with three votes each are Deputy First Minister Astrellan, former Chief of State Kuramia, and Minister of Communications Hezekon. Astrellan, who has been at the forefront of the up and comers has shown his activity and passion for his positions through the Ministry of Communications, the Senate, which eventually extended to leading the Ministry of Integration. Astrellan’s work in these areas along with the popularity he’s seen in recent polls likely contributes to the success we find here.

Former Chief of State Kuramia was the last to hold the position of president and was chief of state for two consecutive terms. Additionally, as First Minister Pichtonia said, “At this time, I find it difficult to remember when you were last not in a high government office.” Kuramia however has stated that she is in need of a break.

Finally, Minister of Communications Hezekon has used his two terms as Minister bringing the EBC back into activity, showing his leadership and energy. His terms as Deputy of Roleplay in the Ministry of Culture likely also contribute to this result.

Next up we see Attorney General Darcness, Minister of Culture DAX, and Speaker of the Senate GraVandius forming the middle of the list with two votes each. Both GraVandius and Darcness have extensive political experience which extends to their respective roles. This would result in either of them gaining support in a potential first minister campaign. Finally, Minister of Culture DAX has seen success in the Cabinet as shown above.

Taking Up the bottom of the list are Vice Chancellors Drecq and Deepest House, Izzy, Justice Lloenflys, Olde Delaware, and Deputy Chief of State UnitedPeoplesofCentrism. With one vote each, the chances of any of them claiming the position of first minister is slim, if they were to run.

Thank you, all of you, who did this analysis. I know we were late in getting it out, but I am thankful for all of you having worked on it. Thanks to HEM for lending his hand in this, big thanks to DAX for stepping up at the end, and thanks to Siph for providing those delicious codes. Good job!

Loving this deep analysis, didn't even know we had an approval record for an executive leader, but that is good to know!
Only for President and it’s out of date. My next project should be getting it back on track.

Thank you very much for the analysis, Dax and HEM, and Siph for all the code!

I'm both happy and intimidated by these results. :p

Back