Mid-Term Executive Satisfaction Poll - Results and Analysis

Mid-term Executive Satisfaction Poll
Results and Analysis

Written by Xecrio

As Europeia’s executive is now it’s the second half of its 60-day term; the EBC conducted a poll to try and get a picture of where the President, Vice President, and cabinet currently lie. Twenty-five respondents took a poll that was open for 34 hours. Each respondent was asked to indicate how satisfied they were with each ministry and its workings. This analysis will provide readers with a concise overview of how each ministry is doing.

Firstly, respondents indicated their satisfaction for the executive as a whole, returning an approval rating of 68 percent. While this is not low, it is not exceptionally high in correlation to other approval ratings. The majority of respondents felt that overall, the executive had done a good job so far. It is worth noting that 24 percent of poll takers indicated that they were dissatisfied with the work the executive has done, with one commenter stating that the region is “stagnating.”

Great work so far.
A bit less active perhaps, but so was the whole region.
We're stagnating, and that should be a concern to us all.
I'm not sure where to begin, it has been terrible. A bunch of boring and uninspiring cabinet picks struggling to see out an unbelievably unambitious plan. It feels as though they have just pressed pause on the region this term and gone into hibernation, with a couple of exceptions.

President Peeps returns a more mixed bag of results. The Presiden garnered an approval rating of only 50 percent, with 32 percent of respondents stating that they were unhappy with the President’s performance. It is worth noting that this is only the mid-term, and the executive does have time to turn its approval rating around. Much of the criticism stems from Peeps being “less active” and “not much of a leader” as some of the comments suggest.

None
Peeps is a funny bloke
kind of quiet and just a lot less going on in general than i expected
Peeps doesn't seem to be doing anything personally, just relying on his Cabinet. Never see him working in the Ministries.
He doesn't seem to acting much like a leader. He's not very visible.
I have to put the blame for this poor term directly on the president. As boring as the cabinet picks were, we know that they are well and truly capable of carrying out the meagre promises made, so their failure indicates to me that this must be due to failings at the very top of the administration. I can only hope President Peeps is aware of these issues and will be able to take steps to rescue the remainder of this term.
Peeps has had a number of his hand picked personnel slowly slide into complete inactivity by the midterm and was very very slow in taking any action, Leaving multiple ministries effectively leaderless for a week or more.

Vice President Pichtonia, while popular with the region, only returns an approval rating of 60 percent. Pichtonia receives one of the largest “unsure” percentages with 32 percent saying they were unsure about the work of the Vice President. Poll takers seem to be somewhat satisfied with the work Pichtonia has been doing, with some respondents saying they were happy to see “Pichtonia helping out” in various ministries.

None
I love Pichtonia
I'm seeing Pichto help out and lead in different Ministries unlike Peeps.
It's hard to say, I haven't seen much from him, but that's usual for a VP. Probably not entirely blameless for the poor term though.

Two ministries this term have been subject to resignations, the ministry of interior being the latest to do so. This ministry returns the lowest approval rating with only 20 percent, as does its former minister Malashaan. This may be down to Malashaan’s recent resignation, and his work in the ministry as some comments seem to suggest. Monkey has been nominated to fill this role, and it is hoped that the ministry can find its feet in the second half of the term.

Sad that Mal left.
he's resigned now, but i think this is why people were critical of the pick in the first place
Mal did a good job locating all the threads needing updating and starting discussion on telegram performance. However, aside from that the Ministry hasn't achieved much if anything.
Mal was a boring and undeserving pick for minister who was barely active in the ministry all year, and whose activity failed to improve after taking this job. Thank god he quit, Monkey is much more deserving of the job and can breathe life back into this ailing ministry.
After like week one it was clear Mal was struggling to balance his time.

The Ministry of Communications is another ministry that returned a mixed bag of results. The ministry returns with a 60 percent approval rating. While this rating is not remarkably low, readers will be aware that 24 percent of respondents stated they were very dissatisfied with the ministry’s workings. Poll takers seemed to be mainly concerned with the lack of activity in the ministry. This poll did not include an approval rating for the Minister of Communications Seva, since he has only just started in the job.

None
hope to see more from Seva as the ministry has generally been floundering
The EBC has released just seven articles this term and few dispatches. The Ministry is clearly struggling, and I think this highlights what a difficult Ministry Communications actually is to manage. It looks easy when it's going well, but it's difficult to get it to that level of success.
They haven't really done anything this term, very few articles and even this poll is a week late.
Both Forillian and now Seva have been less then ideally active and that has certainly hurt the EBC

The Ministry of Culture seems to be one of the more successful ministries this term, with 80 percent of respondents stating that they were satisfied with the ministry’s work this term. Its minister, Calvin Coolidge, also receives an approval rating of 80 percent. Poll takers commented saying that “culture has seen a turnaround.” This may be due to the influx of new games, such as Among Us, the recent Fall Festival, and may be a result of the ministry’s collaboration with the ministry of radio in the recent Halloween radio shows.

Culture's been doing great this term.
Daddy Cool is so great
good panda
Culture has seen a turnaround this term, and Calvin should be applauded for that. Only concern I have is I think Calvin himself is doing a lot of the work, and that could lead to problems when a successor takes over.
They killed the weekend games, which was my favourite thing in the region. Random games played at random times are very inconvenient for people who work and give no chance to prepare or arrange to be available for a game. Among us isn't a very good game either, bring back other games and play a range of them. Also, why is Calvin minister? He wasn't even a member of the ministry in past terms.
Calvin has been fine but Culture as a whole is making less progress than it should.

The Ministry of Radio garners an approval rating of 76 percent. This is one of the higher approval ratings received by the executive and could be down to the ministry’s high level of output in the radio department. Minister of Radio Sopo also returns an approval rating of 76 percent. Sopo is a well-known face in radio, and this may contribute to his reasonably high approval rating. There is room for improvement though, with Sopo himself indicating that he would like to start streaming on Twitch.

None
Radio Daddy is so great
I love Sopo
radio is still happening, so... good!
Very good term so far. Plenty of shows and we're seeing new hosts, and a wider range of voices.
Radio is putting out a decent volume.
In terms of shows Radio is limping along, basically consistently hitting the bare minimum

The Ministry of Justice is perhaps one of the lesser-known ministries, and this may be an essential contribution to its 48 percent approval rating. However, Attorney General Aexnidaral returns an approval rating of 60 percent, suggesting that poll takers are happy with the person in charge of the ministry, but not satisfied with the work the ministry has been doing. Comments also seem to reflect the perception that the ministry of justice is not a well-known ministry.

None
Is this the guy from Balder? Love his work
no idea really
LA are out on time and clerks appear to be doing them as well which is good to see.
He seems to be a bit snide sometimes
Nothing more than legislative recommendations which is fine but not great

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs garnered an approval rating of 80 percent, one of the higher ratings in this poll. Poll takers seem to be happy with the output the ministry is producing in terms of IFVs. Minister of World Assembly Affairs SkyGreen24 returns an approval rating of 78%. This suggests that the majority of Europeians are satisfied with the minister and the work he has been doing. This is a slightly lower approval rating in comparison to the end of term poll, where he received an approval rating of 86.4 percent.

None.
I love SkyGreen24
waaddy is bae
Another very strong term here. IVFs are out on time, and discussions are occurring internally.
A bit down on last term, but still better than it has been in the past.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs receives an approval rating of 68 percent, but a significant proportion of 24 percent stated they were unsure with how the ministry is performing. Minister of Foreign Affairs Kuramia, someone that has held this role multiple times, gets an approval rating of 72 percent. This appears to be becoming more of an average percentage rather than the high averages we have seen in previous polls. Commenters voiced their concern at how late region of the week was, and how KoGB is not a vital ally.

None.
i don't really know what's going on -- one rotw with an obscure region isn't a lot to show!
We're getting more updates out into our embassies which is good. RoTW seems very late however, and KoGA isn't exactly a major player or close ally of ours.
No major scandals, so far so good

The Europeian Republican Navy (ERN) receives the highest approval rating in the poll, with 88 percent of respondents saying they were satisfied with the work in the Navy. Grand Admiral Istillian gets the highest approval rating in the cabinet with 92 percent. The ERN is one of only two ministries to receive a zero percent dissatisfied rating, the other being the ministry of radio. Respondents stated that they were happy with the amount of activity and the operations the ERN has been running. In addition, the ERN also received high approval ratings in the last executive poll.

None
ist has been doing well, though participation seems to have fallen off
The ERN has remained active and Ist has been doing very well as GA.
Pretty much the only bright spark of this administration so far has been Istillian and the ERN. I can't recall seeing a time with them being so active.

When it comes to the next presidential term, the EBC asked poll takers to indicate their preference for which cabinet members they would like to see serve another term in the cabinet. Istillian received the most support here, with 20 respondents saying they would like to see him return to the cabinet. SkyGreen24 and Calvin Coolidge took second and third place with 17 and 14 respondents respectively saying they would like to see them return next term. Seva, Sopo, and Kuramia all received 13 votes. In contrast, Aexnidaral received the lowest support for serving another term with only eight respondents saying they would like to see him in the cabinet next term.

Finally, the EBC asked respondents to say who they would like to see in the cabinet next term. Xecrio and Darkslayer received the most support with four respondents highlighting that they would like to see them in the cabinet. Forilian, Monkey, Prim, Maowi, Lloenflys, Tane, Bronyleader66, Lime, JayDee, and Pichtonia were also mentioned. With such a large batch of names provided, some respondents likely want to see some changes in the cabinet come next term.

Xecrio, Darkslayer.
Forilian, Xecrio
Some cool people ig
monkey, prim, maowi, siph
Darkslayer, Lloenflys, some other new faces as well -- tane, and brony.
Xecrio (Nate)
Lime, Xecrio, JayDee, Darkslayer
Monkey for interior, some fresh faces elsewhere. Less stale nominees!
Darkslayer, and Pichto

Last edited:
He seems to be a bit snide sometimes

Sometimes? Try all the time! How insulting, at least say I'm always snide and snarky. I've worked hard for those adjectives!!! Also -- how is this even remotely relevant to either the MoJ or what I've done as AG? lmao ☠️

While many of the miscellaneous comments and critiques are fair, I do want to defend Peeps on this one:

Peeps doesn't seem to be doing anything personally, just relying on his Cabinet. Never see him working in the Ministries.

Y... yeah? Isn't that what a President is kinda supposed to do -- rely on their Cabinet members to do the jobs... they were hired for? I think the idea that a President needs to be deeply enmeshed in every single part Ministry and constantly be an active participant in it is weird, especially considering how much time it takes to run the Government as President without doing that. I will say, too, that while I don't want to speak for my colleagues and that not every experience is universal; Peeps has actively attempted to keep in contact and see where things are. I don't know, this just feels slightly disingenuous?

I’m just gonna say, I didn’t take the poll at all because I didn’t really know what to think. This feels like more of a “keep the trains running” term than anything.

I have opinions on these actual results themselves, but I just want to say here that despite the speculations of Eurochat I did not make those ridiculously over the top comments criticising Peeps, Pichto and the wider Executive. As I said in eurochat I may be stupid, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to leave anonymous comments that sound exactly like myself. Nor if I was making those criticism would I use such an abrasive tone, that the result is humorous rather than serious. I don't know if someone deliberately chose to write those comments to make them seem like my mine, or if someone just generally feels that way, either way I was not the author. Honestly I find it hurtful that people think I'm either that stupid, spiteful, petty or a combination of all three, to make those comments.

What's that region again? A and B aren't even close on the keyboard for me to excuse this. Also, lemme just say as FA Minister, that people really need to stop insulting regions we talk to and share citizenships with. Frankly, it's insulting to who Europeia is as a community that some of you (okay, maybe one or two) have some kind of arrogant, snobby, xenophobic attitude when it comes to FA.

One: they are not either obscure nor a minor player, so kindly remove your head from your keister and smell something other than what's down there.​
Two: We're playing games with them. We're sharing culture. Part of what makes Europeia active and fun, and part of the entire reason we have a culture department, is our thriving culture and how we share that with a lot of different regions.​
Three: RotW was NEVER made to just be with our treatied allies.​

If you're brave enough to come off anon and actually discuss what regions you think we should have RotW with, my dms, as always, are open. We shouldn't tolerate this kind of attitude, and I do not.

God the comments in this article made me want to rip my eyes out of their sockets and throw them into a garbage can. Why so much hate for a government that's been giving its all?

I didn't take the poll due to the fact I didn't even notice it was out (my bad personally on that one) and I have to say that, although this term hasn't been perfect, it's by no means been a bad one. Personally I'm not a big fan of Peeps' activity levels based off of what I've seen, however he's been letting the ministers do their jobs and that's something that isn't a bad thing. Let the ministers do what they can and provide motivation and some support when they need it rather than be very demanding and cause a rift in the administration.

As for Pichto... I really don't get it. At least on my end, he's been very supportive and moderately active. Keep in mind he has things other than Euro to deal with and he can't be around 24/7. Maybe my experience has been different, however that's been my experience so far.

As for ministers, the only ones I can really provide feedback for is Culture, Navy, and Comms. Starting with Culture, I'd like to say that I agree with the thought of missing the scheduled Weekend Games. I'd try to participate more if I had a regular timing to go off of. That's really it on that front, otherwise I have no further complaints with the ministry as a whole. With Navy, I'd like to note that it started really strong, however it's been slowing down as of late, likely due to burnout. In the beginning we had done somewhere around 9 raids in 14 days (don't remember the exact number) and, being a somewhat small group of people, it was often the same group of people on a regular basis. I'm hoping that, with this break, we'll be picking things up soon. To round off this area, I'd like to say that Comms hasn't had a large flow of material to work off of and that's not something to blame the minister for, but rather the ministry. Hoping that we can pick things back up and get more ideas flowing soon.

I'd finally like to wrap this up by casually mentioning/laughing at the fact that my name was thrown in as a potential minister pick. As much as I'm flattered to be included in the list, I really don't feel as if there's anywhere I deserve to lead yet and wouldn't accept any nominations currently. I just don't feel like I'm active enough to have such a responsibility at the time. Just wanted to throw that in here while I was thinking about it.

P.S.
Bronyleader66
Not a major deal, however I usually prefer to go by just Bronyleader. I should probably fix that on Discord, however I just wanted to bring it up for future reference. Excellent work though, as usual!

Interesting analysis...I think some of the comments are inaccurate or ill-informed, but overall this seems to capture that feeling of "solid yet unspectacular" that I've felt with this term so far. Though the resignations haven't helped, of course. I'd go into more detail, but I didn't take this poll for the same reason I don't take polls about the Senate: I don't pay enough attention to them. While that's pretty common-place for the Senate, it isn't nearly as common for the Presidency. At a certain point, I wonder how much of that detachment is caused by myself, and how much is caused by an Executive that isn't actively and consistently engaging it's citizenry.

I don’t really think that the ratings here or even most of the comments are that off base. For the most part the term has been “keeping the trains running on time” but there are clear areas that are actually doing quite bad. Almost exclusively because the Ministers that are/were at the head of them are less than active. That ultimately is the responsibility of the President to manage his own personnel.

Notably, Interior and Comms had been limping along forever prior to the Ministers resigning and it dosent seem like Peeps took any action on it at any point? With two of our usually more active ministries, and the ones I tend to pay the most attention to moving at snails pace, the whole region has a more lethargic feel. I hope things improve going forward.

So as for my actual opinions on these results. I think they're pretty fair, the region hasn't gone down hill this term, but nor has it seen amazing improvement. I think real life has limited activity this term, and no one can be blamed for that however it also can't be an excuse for the lack of progress in some ministries, notably Interior and Comms.

A number that did really concern me was the approval ratting for Comms. The Ministry had only released nine articles when respondents were taking this poll, and that isn't deserving of a 60% approval rating, much less 28% strongly approving of its performance. That is apathy, and it should worry everyone. The Ministry does seem to be picking up some steam now, and I hope it continues in this direction.

As the writer of this particular article, I will give my opinion on some of the ministries. I will not say anything about Interior, since I have paid no attention to it this term.

Communications:
As a former MinComm, I am disappointed with the lack of output this term. The quality and quantity of dispatch production have been great, and I'm pleased that Seva has been able to keep on track with that. The number of articles released however has been poor. Forilian's resignation certainly didn't help, though that isn't his fault. I feel like Seva hasn't done enough to get the ministry to its full potential, hence why I wrote some questions in the oversight thread. This only the mid-term and there is a chance to improve before the end, and the ministry does seem to be picking up some steam.

Radio:
I do not understand some of the comments that have been written about radio. To say that we are "producing the bare minimum" is a lie. We are hitting 3-5 shows every week. We've seen growth in the number of running show, and we've increased the number of guests. The only bone to pick would be the lack of output from Twitch, however, I know Sopo is working on that.

WAA:
Sky has done well this term. I know that there is continued progress on the Heroes Program and IFV's have been smooth. The activity has been a little on the low side, with only a few staff members writing IFVs, whether that's down to the ministry or the actual WA, I don't know.

FA:
I'm relatively pleased with FA this term. Kuramia set us all a number of tasks that have been completed and we continue to maintain good relations with our allies abroad. Things have gotten a little quieter, which I am disappointed about since I love FA, however, rotw has been a great success and I really enjoyed it.

Culture:
Calvin has excelled in this position. Weekend games have come back, although they are not at full capacity. The Halloween and Fall Festivals I felt were a success and Culture has collaborated with Radio on a couple of occasions.

Overall:
The executive needs to improve on a number of levels. While there has been a success in a number of ministries this term, almost every ministry required improvement. There is just under a month before the end of term, and I hope that when we come to write the end of term results, we'll see a substantial improvement.

Back