Mac in the Day #2

Mac in my day the media had quite a say in the affairs of the region.

As the new Editor-In-Chief of the EBC, I've been sizing up what we've got in terms of media involvement in the region. Although I love to ring the emergency bell whenever remotely possible, the truth is that the state of our media right now is a solid slightly below average. As I was looking back through the EBC, however, I realized why it had so many "revivals" that didn't quite pan out: we don't realize the importance of media in the region. So for this incarnation of the EBC, however long it may last, the focus will be on appreciating what the media brings to our region. The EBC under my direction will be straight news-based. We have several new features that will accomplish this task.

First, a personal project of mine, EuroWire. This will be unveiled in several days and will be a constant stream of Europeian information. Not just when something important happens, but when there's a hot thread, an apt comment, or a breaking story that you might need to know about. A great centralized source for the news that's news. I mean, it's great when the government uses the EBC to promote things, but when you're looking for news you're looking for the things you care about, and the EBC is now serving up a hot slice of that.

Second, we will, starting next week, be having a weekly report from each of the three branches of government quickly bulleting what is going on in their neck of the woods. This will provide us with not only a historical record but another centralized base to see what's going on with your region.

Third, we will be bringing on the games you want to play. Whether it's the crossword or a cryptogram, we will find innovative ways to make things interesting around here. The two parts of a newspaper that people read are the front page and the comics/games. Those are our two main focuses in bringing you what you want when you want it.

Finally, we will be continuing the features we have going on now. This will continue to be a voice for senior members of the region who have popular columns or those who wish to start them. While straight news is important, the opinions of newsmakers are often news in and of themselves news. This will be brought to you with likely the same degree of regularity we see now. So that one's not really new.

This is truly important because it underscores what media is all about. Media does not create something new. Media is a conglomeration of other things that are happening, and that's what this publication will strive to be: your one-stop shop for what is happening in this fine region. If you'd like to be a part of a team to provide that live-stream service to the Europeian public, feel free to PM me and I'll find a place to put you. I am proud to announce that I've already got a loyal team member in my Assistant Editor, Elias Greyjoy. Elias has proven himself to be eloquent and active, an excellent addition to the EBC team.

If you've got a bone to pick with something that's said here or just have an opinion on Europeia and no place to put it, send your Letters to the Editor to me (the Editor) and I'll make sure they get published.

Look for our new features and make sure to keep up. This "revival" of the EBC is basically going back to square one and doing the one thing a newspaper does best: report. If you're interested, join the team or just keep reading.

Remember, Europeian Broadcasting Corporation: Because it's Important.

What's Next? The EBC Mid-Term Poll

Truer words have never been spoken with regards to the region's media, McEntire. I'm glad to have you righting our always-maligned ship.

Back