Lloenflys - Europeian of the Year Nominee 2019

Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Europeian of the Year 2019 Nominee: Lloenflys

"Such is life - there are successes, there are failures, and there are a bunch of in-between things that can look different depending on how you hold them up to the light." - First Minister Lloenflys, in "An End ... and a Beginning"

Lloenflys joined Europeia at the end of 2018. In less than two months, he rose through the ranks to become a senator and the minister of culture, serving multiple terms in both roles. His legal prowess, creativity, and leadership skills won him wide praise, ultimately leading him to overwhelming victory in the May 2019 First Minister Election against an incumbent. After a solid term as first minister, he became a senator once more as well as a justice of the High Court. At the end of 2019, Lloenflys was unanimously elected speaker of the senate by his peers.

This, of course, is only a resume, and one it is hard to imagine filling out over the course of only one year. But Lloenflys is a particularly extraordinary Europeian, having quickly demonstrated his abilities during the reform discussions and as an assistant minister in communications, where his first article, “Non-Binding Resolution Caught in a Bind,” was widely praised. He challenged citizens to find him as minister of culture, all the while he could always be found voicing his opinion in the Senate. To rise through the ranks to lead one half of the executive and the legislative branch both within a year of joining is a remarkable achievement, not to mention the many fruitful debates and discussions Lloen has sparked and participated in along the way.

Beyond his resume, Lloenflys is effortlessly cheerful, warm, and kind, qualities which make him both pleasant to chat with and easy to work with. His sense of humor is made clear in his numerous articles (and a radio broadcast) discussing the birb counterparts of Europeians. His diverse interests—from the aforementioned birbs, to NASCAR, to politics—make him the perfect conversationalist in a community that spans the globe. Lloenflys the man is much like the highly touted signature food of his home state, Minnesota, the tater tot hot dish; Lloen is reliable, hearty, surprisingly good, and always there in a pinch. If you try it, you’ll like it.

I nominate Lloenflys for Europeian of the Year because I know him, and to know him is to love and respect him. Lloen embodies Europeia itself, the cohesion of community and politics that makes us who we are, and he continues to serve our region diligently in many ways. I can think of no one more deserving.

Thank you, Lloen, for your service and for the joy you bring to our community.

I'm always amazed when people point out that Lloenflys only came to Europeia at the end of 2018! The amount he has contributed to the region since joining is phenomenal, to say the least.

I'm always amazed when people point out that Lloenflys only came to Europeia at the end of 2018! The amount he has contributed to the region since joining is phenomenal, to say the least.
Europeia has always rewarded newcomers with a lot of ambition; a positive self-starter attitude; and an eagerness to learn/evolve/grow. Lloenflys is a great example of this.

Back