Let's Party: Revival of the ECP

Interview with First Minister Pichtonia
Written by Carathetopia

(July 12, 2019) - Recently, Europeia has been undergoing reformation. Part of this reformation has included a reconstruction of the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party (ECP), which has been inactive up until now. The reconstruction has been headed by none other than our first minister, Pichtonia. In this special interview, the EBC reached out to Pichtonia, who is currently serving as the party leader.

"The Europeian Cosmopolitan Party was founded by Isaris, Kuramia (our Chief of State!) and myself in 2017," the first minister explained. Even though it never became a big player in Europeia it has advocated for some significant issues including mental health and foreign affairs. Mental health has always been a primary focus of its founder, Isarias. Pichtonia explained that his focus got recognized last term when former First Minister Lloenflys declared May Mental Health Awareness Month. "Foreign Affairs has also been a major focus of the party, not least because we have some real FA heavyweights with Isaris and Kuramia." When Europeia as a whole became less active and its members started to dwindle, the party went to the wayside. Some of the party's members have left the region or become inactive. Pichtonia left the ECP to become a justice, and the ECP has lain dormant, until last week.

Last week, Pichtonia decided to rejoin the party, even before he decided to run for first minister. He brought a few friends and new members along with him. The party has been in a very transformative state since then. "So that's both the ECP: This old lady of a party, with its values and ideals. And at the same time, it is now bursting with energy and joy. Especially our newer members are excited about what's next for the party and for the chance to make it an integrative force within Europeia. I find this all very encouraging."

According to Pichtonia, Since deputy director elections are nearly over, a party leader election is soon to commence. With a new team the reformation of the ECP will be made a lot easier. All of the ECP will be reviewed and possibly renewed. This all gives a greater possibility for the ECP to be able to lead its new members into the spotlight and provide an opportunity for them to flourish. “We would be happy to invite anyone to join us - Now is the best time to leave your own mark on the party," the first minister concludes.

In the recent past political parties haven't had much of an effect on Europeia. Citizens tend to vote for individuals that they think have the most experience or are the most qualified instead of voting according to parties. Political parties are an opportunity to get involved in the region and vote for party leaders or endorse tickets you are in favor of. Since the beginning of the reformation the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party already has had two out of our five senators join. The ECP is also the party of two possible ministers, the chief of state, and the first minister. The ECP is already a party that holds a lot of power, and it has opportunity for growth.
Carathetopia: For people who don't know about the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party (ECP), how would you describe it to them?

Pichtonia: The Europeian Cosmopolitan Party was founded by Isaris, Kuramia (our Chief of State!) and myself in 2017. While it was never a huge player in Europeia, it advocated for some really significant issues: Mental Health Awareness has been a major focus of Isaris, which finally came to some more fruition last term when FM Lloenflys declared the Mental Health Awareness Month. Foreign Affairs has also been a major focus of the party, not least because we have some real FA heavyweights with Isaris and Kuramia. Now, as Europeia itself became less active and members debated major issues such as constitutional reform, the party also became less active. Some members left the region or became inactive, personally I left the ECP to become a Justice. And so it lay dormant for a larger while - until about last week.Last week, I rejoined the ECP (before I had even decided to run for First Minister) and brought a few friends along and the party has been in a very transformative state ever since. So that's both the ECP: This old lady of a party, with its values and ideals. And at the same time, it is now bursting with energy and joy. Especially our newer members are excited about what's next for the party and for the chance to make it an integrative force within Europeia. I find this all very encouraging.

Carathetopia: Why do you think there are currently no other parties in Europeia?

Pichtonia: Well, there is still the Europeian Progressive Party that GraV refounded. Parties have traditionally had a bad standing in Europeia, however. I honestly don't know why that is - maybe it just hasn't fit us that well.
I do believe that, once there is an active and successful party again, another one will come to exist too.

Carathetopia: What are your plans regarding the ECP in the near future?

Pichtonia: With Deputy Director elections nearly over, we can commence the election of a new Party Director. With this new team, the reform of our party will be a lot easier. Platform, by-laws. Everything will be reviewed and possibly reformed. We need to be ready to lead (particularly) new members into the Europeian spotlight and to make sure they succeed.

Carathetopia: That sounds truly wonderful. Is there anything else you would like to say regarding the ECP?

Pichtonia: We would be happy to invite anyone to join us - Now is the best time to leave your own mark on the party.

Last edited:
Yay! Nice article :cool:

What follows is a version that can be read by those using dark mode of the forum:

Interview with First Minister Pichtonia

Written by Carathetopia

(July 12, 2019) - Recently, Europeia has been undergoing reformation. Part of this reformation has included a reconstruction of the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party (ECP), which has been inactive up until now. The reconstruction has been headed by none other than our first minister, Pichtonia. In this special interview, the EBC reached out to Pichtonia, who is currently serving as the party leader.

"The Europeian Cosmopolitan Party was founded by Isaris, Kuramia (our Chief of State!) and myself in 2017," the first minister explained. Even though it never became a big player in Europeia it has advocated for some significant issues including mental health and foreign affairs. Mental health has always been a primary focus of its founder, Isarias. Pichtonia explained that his focus got recognized last term when former First Minister Lloenflys declared May Mental Health Awareness Month. "Foreign Affairs has also been a major focus of the party, not least because we have some real FA heavyweights with Isaris and Kuramia." When Europeia as a whole became less active and its members started to dwindle, the party went to the wayside. Some of the party's members have left the region or become inactive. Pichtonia left the ECP to become a justice, and the ECP has lain dormant, until last week.

Last week, Pichtonia decided to rejoin the party, even before he decided to run for first minister. He brought a few friends and new members along with him. The party has been in a very transformative state since then. "So that's both the ECP: This old lady of a party, with its values and ideals. And at the same time, it is now bursting with energy and joy. Especially our newer members are excited about what's next for the party and for the chance to make it an integrative force within Europeia. I find this all very encouraging."

According to Pichtonia, Since deputy director elections are nearly over, a party leader election is soon to commence. With a new team the reformation of the ECP will be made a lot easier. All of the ECP will be reviewed and possibly renewed. This all gives a greater possibility for the ECP to be able to lead its new members into the spotlight and provide an opportunity for them to flourish. “We would be happy to invite anyone to join us - Now is the best time to leave your own mark on the party," the first minister concludes.

In the recent past political parties haven't had much of an effect on Europeia. Citizens tend to vote for individuals that they think have the most experience or are the most qualified instead of voting according to parties. Political parties are an opportunity to get involved in the region and vote for party leaders or endorse tickets you are in favor of. Since the beginning of the reformation the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party already has had two out of our five senators join. The ECP is also the party of two possible ministers, the chief of state, and the first minister. The ECP is already a party that holds a lot of power, and it has opportunity for growth.
Carathetopia: For people who don't know about the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party (ECP), how would you describe it to them?

Pichtonia: The Europeian Cosmopolitan Party was founded by Isaris, Kuramia (our Chief of State!) and myself in 2017. While it was never a huge player in Europeia, it advocated for some really significant issues: Mental Health Awareness has been a major focus of Isaris, which finally came to some more fruition last term when FM Lloenflys declared the Mental Health Awareness Month. Foreign Affairs has also been a major focus of the party, not least because we have some real FA heavyweights with Isaris and Kuramia. Now, as Europeia itself became less active and members debated major issues such as constitutional reform, the party also became less active. Some members left the region or became inactive, personally I left the ECP to become a Justice. And so it lay dormant for a larger while - until about last week.Last week, I rejoined the ECP (before I had even decided to run for First Minister) and brought a few friends along and the party has been in a very transformative state ever since. So that's both the ECP: This old lady of a party, with its values and ideals. And at the same time, it is now bursting with energy and joy. Especially our newer members are excited about what's next for the party and for the chance to make it an integrative force within Europeia. I find this all very encouraging.

Carathetopia: Why do you think there are currently no other parties in Europeia?

Pichtonia: Well, there is still the Europeian Progressive Party that GraV refounded. Parties have traditionally had a bad standing in Europeia, however. I honestly don't know why that is - maybe it just hasn't fit us that well.
I do believe that, once there is an active and successful party again, another one will come to exist too.

Carathetopia: What are your plans regarding the ECP in the near future?

Pichtonia: With Deputy Director elections nearly over, we can commence the election of a new Party Director. With this new team, the reform of our party will be a lot easier. Platform, by-laws. Everything will be reviewed and possibly reformed. We need to be ready to lead (particularly) new members into the Europeian spotlight and to make sure they succeed.

Carathetopia: That sounds truly wonderful. Is there anything else you would like to say regarding the ECP?

Pichtonia: We would be happy to invite anyone to join us - Now is the best time to leave your own mark on the party.

Also, really great article, Cara! It's good to see you back and rocking those words. An interesting read, for sure!

This a great article. I want to add that the ECP is also a place where people can train their legislative skills by proposing and/or debating new party rules, called statutes, or even amendments to existing ones. What's more is all of that has to take place in our main, public sub-forum so even non-members would be able to see the effort and growth of people who might seek office in Europeia at a later time. I hope that perhaps we will see more of this in the future as it seems likely now the CA will be shuttered and this is a way that people can make a real, gameplay impact on something in the region.

Love the article! Just like to mention that now myself and Brí are the Deputy Directors :D

Back