Let's Get It Started

I don't want to be too contrary, but Skizzy and CSP proposed a new idea in their platform -- a Media Ministry that would handle all external communication (including foreign updates) as well as the EBC -- and you didn't seem to care for that new idea much. Which is fine, but I think my point is that no one is necessarily opposed to new ideas in general so much as new ideas they just don't like.
This.

You say they don't have as many new ideas, but when they propose a big change in External Communication you immediately disagree.

I don't want to be too contrary, but Skizzy and CSP proposed a new idea in their platform -- a Media Ministry that would handle all external communication (including foreign updates) as well as the EBC -- and you didn't seem to care for that new idea much. Which is fine, but I think my point is that no one is necessarily opposed to new ideas in general so much as new ideas they just don't like.
This.

You say they don't have as many new ideas, but when they propose a big change in External Communication you immediately disagree.
At no point did I ever say they DIDN'T like new ideas. I said, overall, my impression is that they are less receptive to new ideas and changes to established 'consensus'

Less does not mean not at all. And the words 'Overall, my impression' are important.

And I've never said every new idea is a good one. I hardly think the Media Ministry will be a terrible idea, or anything close. I don't really find myself particularly enthused by it either. If Skizzy gets elected and does it, well then, we'll see. I don't think Skizzy Implementing it will hurt the region, I'm just dubious as to its benefits.

I have to ask though: Who hired you to be the Press Agents of the Skizzy Grey Campagin?

Cerian said:
I have to ask though: Who hired you to be the Press Agents of the Skizzy Grey Campagin?
I'm still waiting to be hired by someone! Idk if my asking price is too much or what... :(

Cerian said:
I'm still waiting to be hired by someone! Idk if my asking price is too much or what... :(
Sorry Rach, since I've been away I haven't been able to get to many new recruits.

Cerian, I support Skizzy/CSP and their campaign, I'm sorry if my disagreeing with you and favoring their campaign Is a bad thing for you.

Cerian said:
Sorry Rach, since I've been away I haven't been able to get to many new recruits.

Cerian, I support Skizzy/CSP and their campaign, I'm sorry if my disagreeing with you and favoring their campaign Is a bad thing for you.
That isn't what I said.

This isn't a new idea :ph43r:

Skizzy and CSP impressed me so far, but that's the only platform I have read. My mind is still wide open, especially if PASD ends up running.

Skizzy and CSP impressed me so far, but that's the only platform I have read. My mind is still wide open, especially if PASD ends up running.
Then plan to have your mind open :p

My apologies. I'm relatively new, and my impression was that it was a new idea. I guess just new to me. :D I guess I was just trying to say that it's ok not to like certain new (or old but re-proposed) ideas but that doesn't make one opposed to new ideas in general.

I do agree that for me at least it's too soon to commit to supporting a candidate. I think Skizzy and CSP have some great ideas but I'll need to hear other candidates' ideas before I can make a decision. Good luck to all the candidates!

This isn't a new idea  :ph43r:

My apologies. I'm relatively new, and my impression was that it was a new idea. I guess just new to me. :D I guess I was just trying to say that it's ok not to like certain new (or old but re-proposed) ideas but that doesn't make one opposed to new ideas in general.

I do agree that for me at least it's too soon to commit to supporting a candidate. I think Skizzy and CSP have some great ideas but I'll need to hear other candidates' ideas before I can make a decision. Good luck to all the candidates!

Actually, I believe it is new.

Last year, Sopo spun the EBC into a new ministry, which was also called the Media Ministry. He also had plans to republish content on the NS website, which as far as I know never went anywhere. HEM could speak to Sopo's motives better than I, but I suspect Sopo was motivated more by a desire to lessen the Culture Minister's workload than to make improved external communications one of the focal points of his presidency.

As a practical matter, moving the foreign update to Media is a big difference between my proposal and what Sopo tried. Producing two quality updates per month will occupy at least as much of the Media Minister's time as running the EBC, so this is a much bigger job than Sopo contemplated for his Media Minister. Beyond workload, this combined mandate will give the Media Minister responsibility for all of Europeia's official external communications. That's important, because so far as I can tell, we've never had an official external communications strategy. We should.

None of this is to denigrate Sopo, who presided over one of the most difficult periods in Europeia's recent history. I just think that his ideas for media and mine are more different than similar.

Back