Lethen And Kazaman Commended!

Lethen And Kazaman Commended!
HoV projects on Europeian nominees passed the Security Council yet again

Written by PaleLand

On May 4th, the Security Council passed a commendation of Lethen with 83% of the vote and Commend Kazaman passed eight days later with 80% of the vote.

These two resolutions are coming, of course, from the Heroes of Valhalla project, which has made huge accomplishments over the last few terms, and now, through the project, two of the most influential Europeians in the history of the region have been awarded a long-awaited commendation. The proposals were both authored by West, with the co-authors Maowi and Vor for the Commend Kazaman resolution.

The Heroes of Valhalla project is continuing its amazing moment, fulfilling the goal for which it was born: the commendation of the most influential people in the regions which participate in the project. The Lethen and Kazaman resolutions are the newest additions to the growing list of successfully-passed commendations written by the HoV initiative.

“It’s an honor to be Commended. I've always wanted it as a proverbial badge of honor - a literal badge in this case haha - but I didn't think it was a possibility for many years,” Lethen told the EBC. “I've often joked that I am an NS hermit since I haven't been active in another region since 2008 so I consider myself someone that fits the description of "regionalist player," and Commendations weren't given out very often to players who fit that description until more recently (relative to the age of NationStates itself). I also didn't think it would happen due to the geopolitics of the game, but the marked shift we've seen in Gameplay over the last few years along with the efforts of the Valhalla Project has certainly changed things there.”

“Without diving too much into the weeds of human psychology and inherent narcissism, I also feel like it's something I've deserved for a while now,” he continued. “I've dedicated 16 years of my life to this region and our community, and I'm deeply appreciative of everyone's support and well-wishes, but everyone likes to feel seen, right? There's an odd interplay in life where some memories simply worm their way into your brain and never go away...I have a memory that hits differently now from EuroChat a few years ago: I believe Kylia Quilor made a comment about me deserving a Commend, and I laughed it off, but UPC quickly chimed in with words of support and the brief quip "We stan a regionalist king." I chuckled about it then, but it feels different now. A good kind of different, though.”

Kazaman also expressed that "it feels good of course, being recognised and supported by the broader community. I thought Westinor, Vor and Maowi did a good job, especially since my early career is hard to research (so many sources are lost or obscure)," he added: "I feel proud of the accomplishments that it lists, and feel I've made a mark in the game, although as always I feel like the rhetoric hypes it up a bit. Every player is just one piece of a large puzzle in this game, so the amount we do on our own is limited. Whether it's deserved or not, or arrived at the right time, I think that's the community's place to judge through their votes, rather than mine.”

On a more funny note two residents were the only Europeians going against the Commend Lethen resolution, and Lethen reacted to it by saying: “I find it somewhat amusing that two - TWO - Europeian residents voted "no" on Commend Lethen, and I want to track them down so I can befriend and charm them. I may not be Commended by them in the game, but I'll be Commended in their hearts.``

Great work on this, PaleLand! It was super interesting to hear Lethen and Kazaman's thoughts on all of this.

I was curious when this would hit the proverbial presses! Great work.

I've said it personally to them already but I can't thank West (and Inishmaan) enough for their work on this. I did a lot of research on my own history - which proved just as tricky as with Kaz' early career - but they were the ones who got the ball rolling and saw this over the finish line. I'm truly grateful.

Last edited:
I've said it personally to them already but I can't thank West (and Inishmaan) for their work on this
wow, rough.

Congrats all involved in making this happen.

Great article PL, and of course HUGE congrats to Lethen and Kaz!!!

Well congrats to Lethan and Kaz, hope you both get it and.Lethen can finally have a badge of honor.

Well congrats to Lethan and Kaz, hope you both get it and.Lethen can finally have a badge of honor.
But more importantly have I earned your love?

Back