Le Libertie - Europeian of the Year Nominee 2021

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
There comes a time every year when we ask ourselves "Who represented the best of Europeia?" We ask that question broadly to encompass all EuroChoice categories, but the biggest prize every year is Europeian of the Year. They don't represent a facet of our community like Legal Eagle or even Workhorse of the Year. They represent our entire community as a shining example of what to aspire to. When I think of the actions of every Europeian this year and I think of who I would like to see walk away with this award I immediately think of one person: Le Libertie.

LL has been a mainstay of our region since they joined us in 2017 as an active recruiter and friendly face. However, this year they not only took those qualities to the maximum, but made major moves in other places of our region, the ripple effects of which we are still feeling today.

Let's start off with the easy stuff: Interior. At the start of the year, LL was a Deputy in Interior who hosted one of the wildly successful Monopoly recruitment games, on top of continuing their active recruitment. They remained an Interior Deputy for pretty much the entire year. After that, LL was selected to be President Kazaman's Gameside Coordinator, a minister position designed to connect the gameside community to the forum. In that role, he was a Regional Officer in charge of polls, moderation, and communicating with gameside nations. In his term of office, his most notable accomplishment was that he, along with UPC, Prim, and others, overhauled our dispatches in place on the WFE, and created a new master dispatch, greatly streamlining newcomer integration.

After this term, he was appointed Minister of Interior under President Calvin. During this term he ran the incredibly exciting Cryptomania program for recruiters, created a new resource in the form of "Get to Know You" questions for the newcomers-questions channel (also newly created), and created the standard way of tracking telegrams sent in a term, still used by ministers today.

However, this is not his nomination for Minister of the Year, he did even more than that this year! Often operating in the oft-forgotten area of RMB management is not usually a way to grab headlines and influence the region, but this year had one of the most talked-about events from the RMB in recent memories hit the forums that changed everything: The Raid on The Embassy. The thread on this raid was created by LL on Valentine's Day, shortly after the raid took place. His disappointment in how the navy acted and his interest in gaining clarity on the issue sparked a firestorm that ended up sweeping the popular President Pichtonia out of office in the election that was being held next week for the way this raid and the communication surrounding it was carried out. A monumental event in Europeia's 2021 that would not have happened without LL taking charge.

Of course, the biggest change for LL this year likely came in July when he was elevated to the role of Vice Chancellor, replacing longtime VC Drecq. LL has long been praised for his friendly and engaging way of interacting with the region, and for the Chancellery with had recently had a rather curmudgeonly streak LL was a breath of fresh air. He entered the role with great aplomb, has been a welcome addition to the unofficial figureheads of our region, and is being rightly honored as a great steward of our community.

All of these actions only tell you the story of his action in the public eye, though. LL spends countless hours on our RMB conversing with and directing gameside nations to the places they wish to go, and keeping them entertained in the often confusing and messy gameside landscape. He has also been the most prolific recruiter of the year, sending several thousand telegrams and overtaking Siol Alse for the number two spot overall in terms of recruitment telegrams sent. LL pours so much of himself into this region every day, and it's time we honor that commitment. For these reasons, I nominate Le Libertie as Europeian of the Year for 2021.

LL and I joined Europeia in the same year, but I'd say that there aren't many Europeians who are consistently dedicated and deliberate as him. This year has been an amazing year for him, and I'm glad he is finally getting some recognition for his lengthy service in our region!

Love me some LL. Obviously, I'll be voting for my nominee but I wish they could both win!

I love celebrating the folks who don't get a lot of time in the limelight but contribute bigly to our region's day-to-day success.

Le Libertie has been one of our more "hidden" column players of our region in recent years, quite frankly. That doesn't exactly fall into this last year anymore, but particularly the delegate transfer from Aex to Prim (through LL) comes to mind, where LL was an absolute champion.

You have written well about many of his other achievements and the achievements in 2021. A well deserving nominee!!

Back