Kazaman's Nominees Find Mixed Support Among Respondents

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Today in the Grand Hall, I opened a poll to gauge the public opinion on President Kazaman's cabinet nominees and it got 29 responses. Here is that data.

Poll1.jpg
  • I would honestly rather see Peeps as MoFA outright, and Whatermelons is just... not a good pick. Sky is questionable but we should give him a chance due to his previous track record.
  • Some questions but I think (hope) it'll work
  • Mal is more than qualified but has been busy just as Senator, i don’t know that I believe he will have time to be both senator and AG while increasing AG activity. No knock on Peeps but the envoy position isn’t needed and marginalizes the FA.
  • Sky is not qualified for the role in anyway.
  • Many of these are excellent picks! Pretty concerned about SkyGreen24 and Whatermelons, though. Was hoping for PA
  • Klatonia is cool too!
  • CSP has a history of ghosting and unprofessional conduct towards both Europeians and Foreign friends, but if he changes that this term then I don't expect any problems at all and would still vote to confirm. Whatermelons doesn't have a lot of engagement in Europeia but has participated in Maowi's WA101 lessons and given their opinion on some WA proposals. Besides that they are obviously experienced in the WA from their work abroad so I don't have any problems with this pick either, although it is probably an unpopular one. Sky does not have a lot of experience in Radio, but he didn't either in Comms, and still put down a good term in a difficult ministry. If he promises to be motivated then his lack of experience should imo be an issue addressed through oversight if he lacks performance throughout the term rather than right at the confirmation; not a fan of gatekeeping people. The rest of the picks are amazing and I don't think they will present any controversy. All in all, I think I would vote to confirm all nominees absent any other stringent issues that come up.
  • I don’t really know the others, so I can’t really say anything on them ?
  • Whatermelons is a horrible choice. They are a completely self serving WAA staffer Only comments on bills they authored barely participated otherwise has frequently lost citizenship because they don't care about euro, only arguing for their own resolutions in waa
  • Not sure about CSP taking on a Cabinet role right after resigning. I have concerns about Whatermelons (who are they?). I also have concerns about Peeps serving as "Chief Envoy" especially as they oversaw the disastrous communication strategy of the IRC (what has he learned from that, and how can he improve? If I got good answers to those Q's, I might change my mind)
  • I would vote to confirm Klatonia.
Among all nominees (except Klatonia, who I accidentally left off this poll, sorry!), we see that most have broad support from our respondents. The nominees to watch as confirmations move ahead include SkyGreen24, who hovers near 50% approval, facing questions over his lack of experience in Radio, as well as Common-Sense Politics (CSP), who falls below 40%, facing backlash over his previous tenure as Minister of Foreign Affairs and recent Senate resignation, and coming in below 30% approval is whatermelons, who faces questions over their lack of involvement in the region as a whole prior to their nomination.

Poll2.jpg

The Senate currently has only four members, after the resignation of CSP in response to a referendum on each of the current Senators following a week of inactivity from the body. The referendum on the remaining Senators will begin Monday, barring any debate extensions, and has the potential to shake up the body. Either way, however, a by-election is scheduled for Friday, at least for one seat. Two-thirds of respondents feel that the Senate does not need to wait for their newest member to join them before voting on the president's slate of nominees, but no announcement has been made from the Speaker on any plans so far.

Poll3.jpg

• It's so necessary and probably the right way to go about it. We'll see
  • Europeia needs someone handling gameside more
  • This is often left to just do its own thing, a new position here makes sense.
  • This is the job of the Interior Ministry, and should be a Deputy position at most.
  • It's great to finally focus on something so important!
  • There is literally no downside to having another person work alongside GC as interior minister. If it is one of the priorities of the administration it would otherwise just be delegated to LL in the form of a deputy appointment, for which there is generally less accountability than a cabinet position. The Senate should be happy to be able to have more oversight over a significant promise and plan of this administration in order to pressure them to perform well if they seem to lack motivation or planning at any point.
  • LeLib is very active on rmb, good choice
  • I tend to defer to the executives on cabinet composition, but am undecided.
President Kazaman has plans to create two new Cabinet-level positions this term, including Gameside Coordinator, which has widespread support from our respondents, with a slew of positive comments to boot.

Poll4.jpg

• Not really sure about it but I'll say yes to it as an experiment.
  • it should help with fa stuff
  • It's quite literally the MoFA's role.
  • oof
  • I suppose if CSP can't do it? I know Peeps is used to these positions and excels in them.
  • i said yes but i want to know more about the position. wish there was a "don't know" option
  • I feel like it’s a bit unnecessary, since the Chief envoy has the exact same job a MoFA should be doing
  • This position is unnecessary, but peeps is a good choice for it if it has to exist
  • I tend to defer to the executives on cabinet composition, but am undecided.
The other position proposed by President Kazaman is less popular, with the region nearly even in its approval and disapproval of its existence. Comments say that supporters hope it helps lighten the load in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, while critics see the position as superfluous, when taking into consideration what the ministry's roles usually are.

Thank you to all who took this poll so quickly, I hope you appreciated this similarly quick (and therefore light) analysis. Very excited to be creating content for this outlet now that my presidential term is over, and I hope you will be seeing a lot more of me in this subforum as the weeks progress. Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge, built for speed.

Interesting results! Thank you for this amazing quick turnover by the Panda Pen! Thanks Calvin for getting these results out so quickly.

To address the timing question, I will not be putting any nominations to vote until after the recall referenda have ended. Subsequently, I will move those with less discussion to vote (as Tuesday, the presumed end date of the referenda, is quite a ways away from Friday), and those with continued active discussions I will wait until after the by-election.

Last edited:
I wish I had had the opportunity to respond!

Back