January 2019 Executive Midterm Approval Poll Analysis

January 2019 Executive Midterm Approval Poll Analysis
Written by Vlaska

With midterm approaching, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation decided to see if approval of the executive branch has changed over the course of last month. How do the people see the work that has been done during this time we will see from this analysis.

So let's start with the approval of the Executive branch as a whole:

The executive has a cumulative approval of 72.2% as opposed to a 77.7% approval one month ago. Overall approval dropped 5.5% while strong approval rose by 11.1 percent.
Approval has only slightly changed indicating that people still largely support the administration. Here are the comments that have been left by some poll takers:

“Not sure what they are doing except moving chairs.”

“Great work from the ministers, fine choice of DM picks as well.”

“The ministries haven't been performing as well as they could.”

President:

Sopo has a cumulative approval of 69.5% and only 8.3% disapproval with no strong disapproval recorded. While 69.5% is a decent approval rate, it is a 13.5% fall compared to approval rate one month ago. It seems that citizens want a bit more activity from their President. Comments range from mildly negative to positive:

“I voted Punchwood but Sopo continues to do awesome”

“Sopo has been a good President. He has definitely been a point if stability in an increasingly unstable gameplay world.”

“Haven't heard much from him”

“Sopo has a level head towards reform, and is doing well in leading the region.”

“He ran on a platform of waiting out reform, and he's doing just that.”

Vice President:

Pierce has accumulated 63.9% of approval which is a significant rise over the 49.7% rate a month ago. It seems that Pierce is on solid ground when it comes to approval.
And the comments affirm this, there isn't a negative comment in sight:
“Fine work behind the scenes”

“Pierce has been very active and at the forefront of a lot of things. He has been unlike many previous VPs.”

“Doing what he can, keeping the Spotlight going.”

“This term seems to be more outwards for him.”

“Pierce has maintained a strong presence in the community, and his effort shows.”

Chief of Staff:

Kuramia is approved of by less than half of our poll takers with approval sitting at 44.4% followed by 36.1% of unsure poll takers. From the comments, it is clear that this is a consequence of her work being concentrated behind the scenes and not visible to the public. Here are the comments:
“Not enough visible display to answer.”

“Who?”

“I miss Kuramia at Radio. Unsure what's been going on there.”

“I said Neutral. I haven’t seen anything from her but that doesn’t mean that she isn’t working behind the scenes.”

“Haven't really seen much from her”

“It is a bit difficult to judge since this position is primarily behind the scenes, but I'm sure she is doing well.”

“She doesn’t do anything”

Attorney General:

Drecq has a 69.4% approval rate which is second only to Sopo. This is a 22.2% jump over the last poll. He has almost no disapproval and a quarter of poll takers were neutral. Attorney General is well liked according to these results and the following comments:
“Decent job.”

“Drecq knows his law and has done a fantastic job.”

“Not much he can do, but he's doing it well.”

“He's on top of his shit.”

Minister of Radio:

Cuddlebuns’s approval rate stands at 47.3% which is on the lower end of the spectrum higher only than Kuramia’s and Rach’s ratings. For a newcomer to the region and the executive branch this isnt a bad result. This rating also may be a consequence of previous ministers setting high standards they were able to meet due to their larger experience. The comments are mostly neutral and mildly negative with one positive:
“Seems to be sporadic and lack organization, but he is pumping out content.”

“Pushing out radio shows. Great work.”

“Although new he has taken it on with vigor. Although he has a lot of learning to do he is improving with each broadcast!”

“She's keeping the radio alive, but that's about it”

Minister of Communications:

Punchwood has a quite high approval rating at 75% second only to Wirtinglegend’s. His rating rose a whopping 27% since the poll conducted last month. It seems that people are more than content with the leadership of this ministry. Comments are mainly positive with a few of mildly negative ones:
“We could be pumping out more hard news and quality content. There's a number of happenings that have yet to be truly covered by the EBC, although reform events have been promptly addressed.”

“Punchwood is one of our best Comms leaders. Great work.”

“MinComm has been fairly active this term. Great job, Punch.”

“The EBC is going, getting better.”

“Interview transcripts are not articles. It's lazy journalism.”

“Punchwood seems to have winded down a little.”

Minister of Interior:

Jay Dee has garnered one of the largest approval rates in this poll at 72.2%. This ministry has been ticking over nicely and it seems that citizens are pretty content with the leadership. In spite of this comments are still mixed:
“No idea what he has been doing.”

“Strong recruiting done.”

“JayDee is very active and is leading with initiative. Keep it up JayDee!”

“Started well but stagnating”

Minister of World Assembly:

At 72.5% approval, Aexnidaral is on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to cabinet approval ratings. This is a 17% increase over the last poll result of his. He must be doing something right. He has 2 positive and 2 negative comments:
“As always, doing a solid job.”

“The Ministry has seen a bit of inactivity but he is leading it with experience and professionalism and is doing a good job!”

“His handling of the Repeal of 'Commend Solorni' was just not good.”

“The case with Solorni wasn't handled the best.”

Grand Admiral:

Writinglegend sits at 77.7% approval rating which is the highest in the whole cabinet. He has a 10% rise in approval since the last poll. People really seem to like the way ERN is going. This is only emphasized by all the comments except one:
“Revitalized our Navy and we now have over 18 pilers. Growing our future leadership with the Triggering Seminar. Great job.”

“Good ops lately. Triggering seminar has 2 strong naval leaders too..”

“GA Writinglegend shouldn’t have this post after what happened with the IJCC.”

“The ERN is working again with him at the helm”

Minister of Foreign Affairs:

At 72.2% HEM has more than solid approval rate with only 8.4 cumulative disapproval. His approval rate remained the same since the last poll while strong approval fell by 11.1%. Comments are mixed, some positive and some really negative:
“Could be more public.”

“HEM Has been on top of everything. Great job with FA, HEM! :D

“He's done nothing”

“I understand HEM is busy with a lot of stuff, but FA has been pretty dead so far, afaik”

Minister of Culture:

Rach’s approval is really low speaking generally and specifically for this cabinet. Only a quarter of the poll takers approve of her. This is a 36.1% decrease since the last poll. This maybe has to do with her being less active towards her resignation due to real life problems. Comments mostly focus on her resignation:
“Did nothing of importance in Culture. Lacked strong leadership and organizational skills. Clearly, a disappointing stint that left Culture a dying ministry.”

“Anything going on?”

“EuroChoice awards should be a great addition in the coming month”

“Rach is active and seems to be on top of stuff in her ministry!”

“She resigned and didn't do much before that.”

“She's gone tho :/”

“She wasn't around... but also left when it got bad.”

“Has since resigned so is getting a Neutral vote due to the short tenure.”

“I mean, she resigned…”

We also asked the poll takers:
Assuming the Executive split pass soon, who would you like to see run in the new elections for Prime Minister?

Punchwood is in the lead with 6 votes with honorable mentions going to Kuramia with 5 and Pierce with 4. You can read more about potential Prime Minister candidates here

What are they referring to with Aex and the repeal of Commend Solorni?

What are they referring to with Aex and the repeal of Commend Solorni?

Probably that we pushed Abstain rather than For, but it's not like that decision was made by me alone.

I miss when the EBC did analysis for the open responses. I’m less likely to take the time to leave those comments from now on, knowing that they’ll be shoved in a spoiler without being addressed.

I miss when the EBC did analysis for the open responses. I’m less likely to take the time to leave those comments from now on, knowing that they’ll be shoved in a spoiler without being addressed.
To be fair it depends on the writer. Vlaska choose to focus more on the raw statistical numbers and produce a more "scientific" analysis of the result, rather than looking at anecdotical comments. On the other hand, the EBC does have writers who would do the exact opposite and focus more on people's perceptions rather than looking at statistics. It all really depends on how you choose to interpret the results of polling.

Would be up to the person who wrote the comment to explain that.

The Administration expressed its position, both through the Ministry itself and the President. I'm proud of the work we've done.

Okay. Well perhaps they feel the same. I don't know so kinda just telling me here ?

Maybe wasn't clear enough, maybe questions not answered? Maybe just down balloted negative options. Hell if I know.

*goes to look for the threads*

Any criticism regarding our vote on Repeal Commend Solorni should really be directed at me, as I had the final say and do not regret our decision. The repeal proposed was sub-par and misleading on some issues. As much as I wanted to repeal her commendation, I wouldn't do so at the expense of the truth.

To be fair it depends on the writer. Vlaska choose to focus more on the raw statistical numbers and produce a more "scientific" analysis of the result, rather than looking at anecdotical comments. On the other hand, the EBC does have writers who would do the exact opposite and focus more on people's perceptions rather than looking at statistics. It all really depends on how you choose to interpret the results of polling.
Thanks for the explanation, Punch.

Back