It Didn't Take Much Research, R&D Ministry Has Accomplished Nothing

calling this Senate lethargic, for instance, doesn’t comport with the amount of legislation it has passed
Do you feel that every Senator has been contributing sufficiently to those pieces of legislation? Have Senators been observing at all internally and policing inactivity? It has felt like the Senate is You, Drecq, and Malashaan at times this term and I think that might be informing the "lethargic" charge here, especially when looking at the oversight threads.

This is not an easy question to answer. There is no question that other Senators this term do not seem to have been especially interested in oversight. What you see there is essentially what you get - the Senate has generally not been a "discuss behind closed doors" body, with very few exceptions.

Regarding legislation, I do feel that every Senator has offered contributions to legislation this term. Not everyone has been heavily involved in every piece of legislation, but I can think of instances in which every Senator has contributed discussion to bills that have come before the body. Would I like those contributions to have been more consistent with less space between them? Sure. I think it's accurate to say that there are members of the Senate who have had other commitments that have been more important to them than their Senate commitments this term. I'm not going to call them out, people can review the threads and decide for themselves who has been active and who has not. But I generally don't feel like any Senator has completely skated or checked out completely. I've also done my best to watch for activity and if anyone was seriously outside the 5 day window for absences I would have likely moved for their removal because of the small size of the Senate and the amount of work the Senate was doing. I don't think I would do that at this point of the term with just 13 days to go, however.

So the answer is both yes and no. I think everyone has contributed, some obviously more than others, but I would have liked to see more consistent participation from some members and think we probably could have done even more had that been the case.

Back