Deputy Minister
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Screenshot 2021-09-22 7.27.06 PM.png

ISSUE 4​

November '21 Presidential Debate #1 Poll Results and Analysis

by Sincluda​

On behalf of the Organization of Independent Media's EYES program, The Not-So-Daily Bugle has conducted a poll on the recently held presidential debate. The debate was held on November 21st, 2021, and you can listen to the showreel here, or read the transcript here. Participating in the debate were presidential candidates Darcness, SkyGreen24, and Pichtonia (who is a vice presidential candidate, but was representing his ticket). The poll was open for approximately 50 hours and garnered 23 responses. Here are the results.

1637711091567.png
Most respondents, 60.9%, listened to the debate live, while 8.7% of those polled listened to it on the showreel, and another 8.7% read the transcript. Only 21.7% of respondents did not listen to the debate. This means that the majority of our data pool did in fact tune in to the debate in some form.

Forms response chart. Question title: Who do you think won the debate?. Number of responses: 23 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: Who do you think won the debate (no unsure this time!)?. Number of responses: 23 responses.
There's a pretty diverse split on who won the debate, with Darcness leading at 34.8%, SkyGreen24 trailing at 26.1%, and Pichtonia ending up with 13% of the vote. "Unsure" was quite the popular option itself, with 26.1% of respondents saying they weren't certain who won the debate. If we take "Unsure" as an option out of the mix, there's a massive shift in favor of SkyGreen24, whose percentage of votes jumps up to 43.5%. Darcness and Pichtonia didn't get many of the "Unsure" respondents, and their shares increased only to 39.1% and 17.4% respectively.

Forms response chart. Question title: Did the debate impact your vote at all?. Number of responses: 23 responses.
Overall, the debate appears not to be a key factor this election, with only 30.4% of those polled saying that it affected their vote (with 69.6% saying it did not). Still, this is a good chunk of potential voters, so the candidates' debate performance was certainly not unimportant, and could likely make the difference come election day.

Forms response chart. Question title: How did the debate impact your vote?. Number of responses: 23 responses.
But who got the greatest gains this debate? After all, isn't one of the main points of a debate getting more support on your side? While, as stated earlier, most respondents were unaffected, SkyGreen24 saw a good gain with 21.7% of those polled stating that they leaned more towards his ticket after the debate. This is a good bit higher than Darcness, who only saw 8.7% of those affected lean towards him, and Pichtonia, who got even less at 4.3%. While the winner of the debate saw mixed answers, SkyGreen24 appears to be walking away with the most gains.

Forms response chart. Question title: On a scale of 1-5, how would you rate the debate?. Number of responses: 23 responses.
Our respondents definitely seem to think that this was a high quality debate, with 52.2% rating it a very respectable "4," 26.1% giving it an average "3," and 21.7% giving it a grand "5." None of those polled rated the debate lower than a "3." There's a broad consensus that this was a good debate, and no respondents even considered it to be of low quality.

i think i did good
Questions were good, covered all of my concerns.
I read HEM's commentary instead of listening.
Just from what I read in the thread, both Sky and Dark stepped in it a bit. Hard to see how this impacts the state of the race overall.
Darcness had the hardest job coming in, and did well outside of EBC stuff. Pichto did good too, but had an easier job and couldn't defend Gaudosia well enough. Sky had the easiest job and fumbled really hard.
It was really interesting, it helped me understand the campaigns and the candidates a lot better. Great moderation and questions as well.
Well run, nice work OIM, keep it up!

These were the results for first debate of the November '21 presidential election. Following this debate, a new ticket announced its standing. As such, be sure to check out the second presidential debate (which will be text instead of voice), and follow other EYES coverage of the upcoming election. This has been The Not-So-Daily Bugle, and see you next time.
xXx​

Back