Pronouns
he / him / his
The EuroTimes
Edited By HEM

February 18th, 2008

The Senate Is Going Downhill???
Written by HEM
Editor of EuroTimes

The recent approval ratings for the Senators must have been a smack in the face. In the end 16 voters gave the Senate a 66% approval rating. That means the Senate is essentially failing this term. However, it should be noted just failing. Why is this? The first thing that is seen is an utter lack of legislation. If the Stature book is correct only two acts have passed this term. And 100% of the acts have been written by a Senator Outside, in this case both by President Lethen. Again, why is this? Analysis says, the old-times have left the building. Both Lethen and HEM did not run for another term. And they at the very least provided the Senate with activity. One Senator (stratus) has been fending off the Black Death, and the Don is dealing with computer issues. Pineapleboy is on lent which leaves the Senate with Four active members, one that is going to retire in a matter of days or weeks. So where does the Senate go at this point? Only time will tell, If this pattern keeps up this will have been the term with the least legislation on record....

That's a good point there, HEM. Sometimes, we don't have a need for as many pieces of legislation as in other terms. That doesn't mean that the Senate is going downhill, although the inactivity of a few Senators does not help.

Well I did make it a question. Hence the ??? :p

Think of some ideas for legislation.

Only time will tell, If this pattern keeps up this will have been the term with the least legislation on record....

The number of pieces of legislation has nothing to do with the quality of the Senate. I would much rather have 2 well-written acts than 17 poorly written ones. The ones that we have passed are written fairly well.

At this point in time, the Senate happens to have very few pieces of legislation in front of it. That does NOT imply that we're doing downhill.

In a country as large as America, there is always business before Congress.
In a virtual region as small as Europeia, it is not unusual that there is sometimes a lull in legislative activity.

I'd much rather have no bills before us than debate trivial ones.

Perhaps you should recruit some more members then, to increase demand for more regulation ;)

Or you could view my thread on the Constitution in the Courts to get ideas for constitutional amendments.

Back