Investigation into Pakistani regions

EBC_Logo.png

Investigation into Pakistani regions
Written by Almond
Edited by Istillian & Seva

I first joined NationStates in 2018 and as a Pakistani in real life, wanted to find regions that also had Pakistanis in them, because I had hoped there may be a shared community that I could fit into. Having revived my nation and rejoined Europeia, I was left wondering how many regions are dedicated to the nation that I come from. The answer is six.

One of the first regions I joined back in 2018 was Islamic Republic of Pakistan. The region only has one nation, which has been inactive for quite a long time, known as Qaumi Taranah, named after the Pakistani national anthem. I joined almost four years ago when it had more than one member, though I later left due to the lack of activity. Islamic Republic of Pakistan is almost five years old, having been founded in August 2018, and at most, has had three nations in it before most of the nations Ceased-to-Exist. The only regional activity has been the proposal of embassies from a variety of small regions alongside embassy collectors such as the Embassy. No foreign activity involving embassies has occurred since May 2019, when an embassy with the State of Qatar was closed after only two weeks. Despite this, their two long-standing embassies have persisted for just over 4 years, Prizreni (based around a city in Kosovo) and FBI. The region seems to be also a part of a network of single-nation regions that have embassies with each other.

The next region is just called Pakistan, but will be referred to as “Macedonian Pakistan” because there seems to be quite a bit of history here. The region seems to have been founded as a puppet region of the Macedonian Empire (an interregional empire within NationStates), but around twelve years ago, a revolt occurred within the region lead by native Pakistanis. This led to the election of Rahim yar Khan, who is named after a city, in turn named after the eldest son of Sadiq IV, the 10th Nawab of Bahawalpur, a princely state of Pakistan located in southern Punjab (who claim descent from the Abbasid Caliphs) as World Assembly (WA) delegate in an effort to secure independence. It seems that quite a bit of couping has occurred in the region as many WA delegates’ reigns around this time lasted for only a few days, with the longest delegate serving only 57 days. Nowadays, Macedonian Pakistan remains with only the puppet governor as the rest of the nations Ceased-to-Exist.

The next region is called Pakistan 2. This region was founded quite recently. which is possibly why it’s the only region with more than one member. Founded by the People’s Republic of Stanitastaian, it seems to be growing quite quickly, with just under twenty member nations and a WA delegate (New Parkersburg). They also have two embassies open, with The Embassy 3 and a single-nation region known as the Cult of Broccoli (which is a great name, and not similar to anything in Europeia).

Next, we have two regions which are confusingly named quite similarly. “Republic of Pakistan” and ”The Republic of Pakistan”. The first of these regions was founded six and a half years ago by the State of Sthana, and has only ever had one WA delegate, who was then removed after two days. They haven’t done much, and it’s been a one nation region for quite a long time, but they seem to have been operating with embassies for a solid five years, although there’s been no major event since the closure of its embassy with Stavropol in September 2022.

The second of these regions, like Pakistan 2, was founded quite recently (a year ago), by the Republic of Moreire. Somehow, it’s been a one-nation region since it’s founding (nobody has joined or left) and they have two embassies, both with single-nation regions. Notably, they recently password-protected the region so now nobody can join without knowing the password.

Finally, we have Urdu. This region has not got a lot of information as it’s password-protected, but it was founded on April Fool’s Day 2023. It only has one embassy with Rashtra Sangh (a roleplay region centred around South Asia).

There are quite a few similarities between these regions. First off, most of them are quite old and only have one member. There also seems to exist a person who posts the same article in at least three regions every now and then, and anti-India messages are sometimes posted on the messaging boards. However, mostly, the regions are all relics of a national community coming together to show love for their country and its story.

It was an incredibly fun experience investigating these regions dedicated to my country, and seeing the presence it has in NationStates. However, it was also quite saddening to see so many of them derelict and inactive. But it’s always good to be optimistic, and I hope one day, a region will come that will last the test of time and be a symbol of my nation.

This is one of those articles that really intrigue me because of how unique and personal the research on these regions has been. I really loved your insights Almond, it's been a treat reading about regions I haven't explored before, and your reflections on them too - nice work!

Thanks for sharing this little corner of the game, always neat to hear about these things.

It was an incredibly fun experience investigating these regions dedicated to my country, and seeing the presence it has in NationStates. However, it was also quite saddening to see so many of them derelict and inactive. But it’s always good to be optimistic, and I hope one day, a region will come that will last the test of time and be a symbol of my nation.
It's always interesting to see the rationale of why people found and join regions. Finding a kinship with your real-life country has got to be an interesting use of this website! Feel free to use Europeia in any way you want to channel the Pakistani presence in NS! Thanks for writing this article.

This is fascinating, thanks for putting it together!

Cult of Broccoli (which is a great name, and not similar to anything in Europeia).
True, but maybe our Senators should look into changing that

It was great reading about this! I'm sure most of us learned something new here. Echoing McEntire: I think it would be cool if you continued to share a Pakistani POV and their culture and history with us.

This is such a lovely article, awesome work Almond!

This was a really interesting read!

Back