Investigation Final Findings: re Possibly This

HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
On January 7th, 2017 it came to my attention via a third party that Possibly This had claimed to have received a threatening email related that referenced his activity in Europeia. Possibly This later publicly made a statement about that email, and another email that allegedly contained a photograph of his home in real life.

The Administrative Team made an initial statement on this matter on January 14th, 2017 because of the very public nature of the claims.

After extensive investigation, and multiple interviews with Possibly This, we do not feel we can substantiate Possibly This’ claims to have received a threatening email referencing his involvement in Europeia.

While Possibly This did provide the administrative team with some information throughout the course of the investigation, there was a crucial — and very easy to retrieve — piece of information that if provided, could have immediately verified the existence of the email and given us a very high likelihood of finding the responsible party. Possibly This provided the administrative team with a variety of different reasons for why he could not hand over this information throughout the course of our conversations with him.

Possibly This then posted a very public statement about the alleged email on 1/11/2017. His statement included the allegation of harassment to resign "en masse.” The Administrative Team communicated with Possibly This about that allegation, which we previously announced as unsubstantiated. No member of the administrative team has received a reply from Possibly This since 1/11/2017.

We have given Possibly This a little over two weeks to respond to our outstanding requests for information. As no such communication has been received, we are officially closing the investigation and classifying his claims as “unproven.”

Please note that we are not going so far as to actively claim the allegations are false. However, by not providing us with crucial (and readily available) information, we are unable to fairly proceed. If any additional information comes to light regarding this allegation, we can and we will re-open this case and investigate to the fullest extent that we are able.

Yours,

HEM Tiberius
Chief Administrator
Europeia.Moderation@gmail.com

I would just like to say to PT should he be reading this:

If it is in fact the case that these allegations were untrue, I hope that you will come forward and say so, should you wish to come back to the region. During my time in Europeia, especially in my early days, I felt stressed and overwhelmed, driven to the point that I considered fabricating a reason to get out of everything that was looming over me. Sometimes, this region can be too much and it can be a huge relief to cash in your chips and go. If that's what you did, I would understand, and I would forgive you. I hope others would do the same, and welcome you back to the region, should you even want to come back.

If these allegations are indeed true, then I hope you will provide the admins with whatever piece of information they need to verify that.

Either way, my best wishes to PT and my thanks to the admin team for investigating thoroughly.

Back