[Inside Government] September Midterm Executive Satisfaction Poll

Midterm Executive Satisfaction Polling Analysis
Written by Calvin Coolidge, Poll by Forilian

The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) ran a poll on satisfaction with the executive branch from August 30 to September 1. There were 24 respondents.

Overall Satisfaction
79 percent of respondents said that they were satisfied with the executive branch as a whole, with 25 percent respondent saying that they were very satisfied with the executive. This is a slight drop from the split executive branches, which had a 88 percent (Foreign Affairs Branch) and 95 percent (Domestic Branch) satisfaction rate at the end of the term. 12.5 percent of respondents were neutral about the executive, with only 8 unsatisfied. Comments were rather mild, reflecting an overall sense of the lack of controversy this term for the executive.
EBC1.jpg
  • Less a comment and more an observation: this administrations seems to have been more of a caretaker than a builder or a reformer.
  • Working well. Each ministry is active.
  • It's been a little quiet in places that were active last term. Some initiatives are taking a long time to get out.
  • Doing extremely well
President Sopo
Sopo outperforms the executive as a whole, with 87.5 percent approval. This includes 33 percent of respondents being very satisfied, and 54 percent being satisfied. 4 percent were neutral, and 8 percent unsatisfied. Compared to last term's leaders at the end of their terms, where the Chief of State got 60 percent approval and the First Minister got 84.5 percent approval, Sopo finds himself ahead of both. Comments were mostly positive, with mixed notes for Sopo to be more active in the domestic government and the foreign affairs government, with the other side being well-attended to, depending on which comment is being read.
EBC2.jpg
  • Fantastic in FA, would be good to see him in domestic a bit more though.
  • A lot of the drive felt FA side last term has quieted. There's a bit of a disconnect somehow. We're just not as involved as we were. There are whispers of backroom things, so we'll see if the second half shows any progress. It feels like right now we're just drawing backwards. RotWs have been held at a good pace. With two done before midterm, I hope to see 1-2 more. I am glad the NS Today and Euro agreement is being updated and hope to see if finalized before end of term. Sopo has done well managing FA "fires" as they pop up and responding to things. Sad to see our on-site embassy has been left alone. It would've been good to respond to the 10KI destruction there.
  • Keep up the good work Mr. President!
  • Has fulfilled all campaign promises
  • Steady term.
  • Not great, but steady
Vice President Monkey
Monkey received a satisfaction rating of 55 percent, with 17 percent very satisfied and 37 percent satisfied. 12.5 percent of respondents were neutral, 17 percent unsatisfied, and another 12.5 percent very unsatisfied, with 4 percent unsure. Compared to last term's second-in-command leaders with the Vice Chief of State earning 79 percent approval and the Second Minister (Monkey) earning 70 percent approval, this is a drop in approval ratings. The comments note that Monkey is doing an okay job, but range from being unsure of what he has done, to being critical of his role in recent executive discussions. No comments were made about Monkey's role as Minister without Portfolio, so it is noteworthy to mention that this is the first time since before the split that the second-in-command is not also in charge of a ministry.
EBC3.jpg
  • Working well and expanding his experience.
  • I feel as if Monkey means well but might be prodding at ministries and how they work in public venues where staff can see the debate and discussion. While this is fine for a citizen involved in that ministry to do it looks different when it's coming from the VP in charge of that ministry. Also the public "teasing" gives a perspective that the VP isn't supporting their ministers. Such things should be between a VP and their P. It's bad for morale.
  • Maybe I just haven't really paid too much attention, but I don't really hear anything about what Monkey has and hasn't done.
  • Doing all he should
Interior Minister South Eastern Centralia
With a satisfaction rating of 37.5 percent, South Eastern Centralia (SEC) finds himself at the bottom of the barrel in terms of executive approval. 17 percent of respondents were very satisfied, 21 percent satisfied, with 33 percent neutral, 12.5 percent unsatisfied, and 17 percent very unsatisfied. Interior as ministry has 58 percent approval, outperforming its minister. Last term when SEC was Interior Minister his approval rating was at 79 percent, so this is a dramatic decline from only a month ago. Comments were generally negative, pointing to a lack of activity and disappointment in regards to the Welcome Wagon.
EBC4.jpg
EBC5.jpg
  • His activity has been underwhelming.
  • I haven't seen much from him.
  • SEC hasn't been active but his activity is picking up now so I hope things will improve. Recruitment is fine but little with Intergration.
  • Wish SEC was more active, but so far still doing his duties
  • There's been competitions and I believe recruiting has been okay, though there's been a steep decline in nations. This might be due to summer? The Welcome Wagon should've been long off the ground by now. Expecting it can prove itself in about a month is asking a bit much, especially if this is a program to be continued with the next term. It might take whoever is next in deciding to give it a shot themselves. Do we have any data on whether the Job Quiz is effective? Might be too soon, unsure when it was implemented.
  • Recruitment is still booming, integration not so much because of the slump; programs being worked on
  • A bit slow and quiet
  • I feel bad for SEC. He came into the term tasked with implementing a bad idea, the welcome wagon, and that seems to have derailed the term.
Culture Minister United Vietussia
United Vietussia (UV) received a satisfaction rating of 58 percent, with 21 percent very satisfied and 37 percent satisfied, 21 percent neutral, and 21 percent unsatisfied. Last term's Culture Minister ended with 88 percent approval, so this quite a drop-off from what was admittedly a very highly regarded Culture term. The Culture ministry overall has 62 percent approval, slightly outperforming its minister. Comments were split between positive and neutral, with respondents praising the activity in Weekend Games and Region of the Week, but wanting more out of the ministry.
EBC6.jpg
EBC7.jpg
  • Weekend games and activity in RoTW have been excellent.
  • Perhaps something else other than WG and ROTW may help?
  • Weekend Games are happening. Now they are being updated forum and discord so they are visible. There was pushback when feedback was asked for and then given about it though. Games in RoTW do well, with an addition of more discord games which is good. Euro Olympics will be a big thing, so that'll decide next half of term.
  • Not a particularly active term but that's not the ministry's fault
  • Lots of initiative
  • Everything is moving very slowly. No sense of energy or urgency.
Radio Minister Darkslayer
Darkslayer received 92 percent approval, with 50 percent very satisfied, and 42 percent satisfied. 4 percent were neutral, and 4 percent were unsatisfied. Last term numbers for Darkslayer as Radio Minister were identical, with him earning 92 percent approval. The ministry overall also received 92 percent approval this time around. Comments were overwhelmingly positive, with respondents praising the activity and innovation this term so far.
EBC8.jpg
EBC9.jpg
  • Darkslayer has done well in this role, but I honestly don't understand why this ministry still exists.
  • Good innovation and activity.
  • While the number of shows has gone down a bit, Radio’s still pumping out content, a good sign
  • He runs a tight ship and makes sure content gets out. There's been plenty of varied content. I'd love to see more Twitch, but I realize Aex has a life. Perhaps we could train more hosts? (JackBox has been a steady source of fun Twitch content.)
  • Radio always releases quality content and I can tell a lot of love is being put into the production of every broadcast!
  • Incredible as usual
  • Good number of shows
  • Radio continues to be great
Communications Minister Lime
Lime received an approval rating of 71 percent, with 50 percent very satisfied and 21 percent satisfied. 21 percent of respondents were neutral, with 8 percent unsatisfied. Last term's Communications minister earned 94 percent approval, so this a dropoff from another very highly regarded term. The ministry overall earned 83 percent approval, outperforming its minister. Comments were generally positive, although a few respondents wonder what happened to dispatches this term.
EBC10.jpg
EBC11.jpg
  • Lime excells in this role, constant stream of new and engaging articles with a wide variety of topics and writers.
  • Great job.
  • There's been more than a couple kerfuffles with who's doing what when it comes to poll articles. Where are dispatches? They are gone. The only dispatches coming out the WAA have done. They are putting out more than comms and that's a shame. Articles are coming out at a steady rate of 3 of weeks and is varied. This is good.
  • Many articles, great coordination
  • I think Lime shines in communications, and I'm really happy to see his work in this role. So far the EBC has been releasing a steady stream of articles, doing regular polling, and if I'm not mistaken even publishing dispatches. While things seem like they're smooth sailing, that's no easy task - and I think Lime deserves to be commended for that.
  • Lots of articles, interesting content
  • Reasonable content, but nothing groundbreaking
Foreign Affairs Minister Common-Sense Politics
Common-Sense Politics (CSP) received a satisfaction rating of 62.5 percent, with 37.5 percent very satisfied and 25 percent satisfied. 21 percent were neutral, with 8 percent unsatisfied and 8 percent very unsatisfied. Last term's Foreign Affairs councillor earned 97 percent approval, so this is yet another decline from a very highly regarded performance last term. The ministry overall earned 58 percent approval, slightly underperforming its minister, a rarity in this poll. Comments were more critical than not, with a few noting CSP's lack of engagement with his staff and a sense that things have slowed down.
EBC12.jpg
EBC13.jpg
  • Doing a fine job, but no where near as innovative or engaged with his staff as Kuramia was. Be good to see more work done with ambassadors to help create a new generation of FA leaders.
  • There are things going on in the background. There are pending assignments for regions, but there is a given reason for it. There is hope that things pick up the second half. While I don't expect zany and fun activities like last term, I do expect ambassadors to have something to do. The Watch runs itself, but the ambassadors have absolutely no assignments, no directive, no dialogue. I hope this changes.
  • Very good job
  • Very quiet
  • Similar to Culture, things just seem to have slowed down. CSP seems to be slowly turning things around though.
Attorney General Pichtonia
Pichtonia received an approval rating of 46 percent, with 21 percent very satisfied and 25 percent satisfied. 17 percent were neutral, with 4 percent very unsatisfied and 33 percent unsure, the highest for any member of the executive. Given that Pichtonia only recently assumed this role, that uncertainly is understandable. Last term's Attorney General earned 79 percent approval, so this is a large dropoff, but probably unfair to pin on the incumbent given the circumstances. The ministry overall earned 62 percent approval, outperforming its minister, showing room for growth for the Attorney General. Comments mostly state their indifference, and hopes that things can turn around for the Ministry of Justice with new leadership.
EBC14.jpg
EBC15.jpg
  • There were some blunders here this term. Hopefully Pichtonia, who is new to the role, can turn things around.
  • Doing it's job fine.
  • Pichto filled in well after Lloen.
  • With Lloenflys resigning and Pichtonia stepping up, there isn't much to judge about him personally. The MoJ continues to run and there have been no recent legislative assignments due. There were ones published before Lloen resigned. This is all good.
  • Too soon to tell really for Pichtonia
  • Pichto has only been here a few days, nothing to say
  • Too early to tell
  • There doesn't seem to be any effort to do anything beyond the bare minimum.
World Assembly Affairs Minister SkyGreen24
SkyGreen24 (Sky) received a satisfaction rating of 75 percent, with 54 percent very satisfied, and 21 percent satisfied. 25 percent were neutral, with no respondents unsatisfied. Last term's World Assembly Affairs councillor earned 82 percent approval, showing a slight decrease compared to another well regarded performance in the previous term. The ministry overall earned 92 percent approval, outperforming its minister. Comments were very positive.
EBC16.jpg
EBC17.jpg
  • With respect tot he Ministry itself, I don't quite understand why the roles of Minister and Delegate are separated.
  • Doing well with regular IVFs, however I haven't seen many discussions of WA proposals which was a campaign plan.
  • Two thumbs up.
  • With the WA 101 there was a incoming of new blood to WA. There is further new blood coming in that are old hands at WA which is fantastic. Our own people are highly involved in the WA symposium with updates coming out frequently. IVFs are on point and discussed frankly. There is even a public discussion for the WA in our discord now. A great term for WA!
  • IFVs on time, I'm taking WA 101, everything is great
  • Following up Maowi in the role is no easy task, but SkyGreen is doing an admirable job, and has kept WAA active and alive beyond my expectations!
  • Moving along, but another area where energy seems to have dropped and things have slowed down.
Grand Admiral Peeps
Peeps received a satisfaction rating of 92 percent, with 67 percent very satisfied, the highest of any member of the executive, and 25 percent satisfied. 8 percent were neutral, with no respondents unsatisfied. Last term's Grand Admiral earned 70 percent approval, showing improvement since the end of the term. The navy overall earned 88 percent approval, slightly underperforming its minister, a rarity in this poll. Comments were overall positive.
EBC18.jpg
EBC19.jpg
  • He has done a lot to increase the Navy's activity. Now it would be nice to see a focus on training to boost the Navy's effectiveness in the field, which lacks sometimes.
  • The navy is very active and training is going extremely well. Peeps does great in this role.
  • Forum posts, discord pings, and plenty of training. GA Peeps is not only leading operations and holds with allies, but we finally had our own hold! Not only that, but our allies regularly join us in our discord. We also have a ton of people not only completing training but seemingly ready to take on the role of GA themselves. Fantastic!
  • Peeps is doing a great job!
Which Cabinet member would you like to see return to the Cabinet? Select all that apply.
EBC20.jpg

Most Cabinet members are in good shape here, with Peeps and Darkslayer leading the pack at 87.5 percent. With half of respondents or less wishing to see them return, CSP (50%), UV (46%), and SEC (25%) probably need to work hard to win over the public by the end of the term if they wish to remain in their positions next time around.
  • Calvin for Interior; Maowi or Fori for Comms; anyone for culture; Dark for Radio or AG; Peeps for GA; Sky for MoWAA; Kura for MoFA.
  • Seva or Gio as Culture, McEntire as FA
  • Forilian, Communications
  • Fori in Comms
  • Incumbents would be fine; otherwise Maowi for FA, Dark for AG, Kura for Radio, Calvin for Interior, Fori for Comms, Seva for WA, though I don't see other adequate replacements for Sky now that I tapped Maowi for FA; Ist for GA, Gio for Culture
  • Forilian - Minister of Communications
  • Fori for Interior, Mal for AG, Kura for FA, Maowi for Culture
For potential replacements next term Forilian gets multiple mentions for Communications, Calvin Coolidge gets a few for Interior, Seva has a few for World Assembly, with Kuramia and Maowi also receiving some for Foreign Affairs.

Re-election
Sopo has announced he will not be seeking another term, but finds decent support for another term, should he change his mind. 29 percent support him right now for another term, with 63 percent saying maybe, and only 8 percent against the idea.

The Vice President, Monkey, has a more difficult path, with 25 percent supporting him to serve another term as VP, with 46 percent saying maybe, and 25 percent opposed.
  • CSP, Kura, Lloen, Aex, Darkslayer
  • Istillian, Peeps, Darkslayer, CSP, Sopo
  • Lime, Pichto
  • Kuramia, CSP, Lloen, Pichto, Istillian, Aex
  • Peeps, Darkslayer, Monkey
  • Istillian
  • Peeps, Dark, Pichto, Lethen, Drecq
  • Dark, Deepest House, Pichtonia.
  • Peeps
  • Kura, Dark, Lloen
  • Dark, Lloen, Pichto, DH or Kura
  • Monkey hasn't brought all that much to the table. If Sopo decides to run again I hope he gives Monkey a real substantive cabinet position that shows a little more chops for what he is doing because right now it really appears like he's not doing much.
  • Who cares?
  • Lime would be an amazing VP based of his MinComm work. Peeps would also be good.
  • Many of the “up-and-comers”.
  • Ervald
  • Koro
  • Forilian
  • Fori, Darc, Maowi
  • Maowi.
  • Darkslayer
  • Kura, Dark, Lloen
As we are now closer to the end of the term than the beginning, we will keep a close eye on the executive to see how they wrap things up, strive to implement their goals, and the public's response to it all. Thank you for participating in this poll, and continue to stay engaged!

Last edited:
EBC21.jpg
EBC22.jpg
Had to attach these here because there is a 20 image limit.

This was really informative, especially for me! I've been out of the proverbial loop and really not following what the Executive is up to (which, honestly, I do every Sopo term. I know the ship will be steady so I don't feel the need to check up on things).

@Darkslayer can you believe this? One election cycle, and everyone's forgotten about us as candidates for things! @HEM really botched things by not filing our papers to run last time. The moment has passed; my political star is dim.

This is a failure, @Lethen. This should have been our poll results; but HEM failed us. Worst campaign manager. Worst electoral campaigner. Would not recommend running with Hem as he will forget to file your candidacy.

Seriously though, great poll results, and thanks Calvin for writing this up!

This is a failure, @Lethen. This should have been our poll results; but HEM failed us. Worst campaign manager. Worst electoral campaigner. Would not recommend running with Hem as he will forget to file your candidacy.

Seriously though, great poll results, and thanks Calvin for writing this up! doctoring these results for a friend
Fixed for you. Such impropriety!

Interesting results and pretty much where I land. Things are progressing but feel slow for some reason. Some interesting names mentioned for next term or potential candidates -- I have no intention to run. I ran for Senate to be in the Senate, not to use it as a jumping off point to be President. I'll be sticking there, but I appreciate the people who mentioned me.

Back