[Inside Government] Proposing a Focus on the World Assembly

[Inside Government] Proposing a Focus on the World Assembly
Europeia's International Wing

Written by PabstOverdrive

The World Assembly Secretary General election is now over! Our candidate might not have been elected but we were able to keep our region's voice on the international stage.

Europeia is a region of opportunity and engaging with the community is a reward unto itself, but some ministries lack the proper interest from our inhabitants. The Council of World Assembly Affairs is slowly gaining traction with a hardworking team, but there is always room for growth here in our region. The World Assembly (WA) is a great venture for those that are eager to jump into the world of pressing political matters affecting regions and nations beyond Europeia’s borders.

The WA is the governing body of international unity. Nations within our region, outside our region, and isolationist states can join the WA meaning a seat at the resolution voting table. A seat at the table also means resolutions passing affects your nation, regardless of their meeting the standards of the state or do not.

The General Assembly (GA) is the hotbed of resolutions affecting international law. Their passing influences the international world among nations within the ranks of the WA. These resolutions concern human and environmental standards and also deal with the repealing of old resolutions passed perhaps with too vague a language and not enough substance. Drafting and presenting proposals is the name of the game and furthering a region’s influence and values by doing so is tantamount to helping resolutions the region agrees with pass. The GA is a collaborative effort among the WA membership in crafting a better world.

This author had the opportunity to have the Councilor of World Assembly Affairs Izzy put in their own words the goals of the council during this term following their recent midterm address. The function of the council is what one would expect from a regional arm linking our republic to the international stage: “Our primary goal is to increase interest of and participation in World Assembly related activities, like drafting proposals and assisting others with their own drafts,” our councilor states. One only has to scan the surface of WA activity to see the busy proposal process.

The process is busy in the WA and interested parties looking to gain experience within the council should be ready to take on the challenges of the job with hardworking initiative, and like most of the work to be done within the region it will not go unnoticed. Izzy expects that kind of attitude in their staff: “I'm looking for someone who is eager to get involved and do the work. Expect to need to step up to get any recognition or potential for becoming a Deputy, or even a future Councilor recommendation. I reward those who deserve it, I don't hand out participation trophies.”

Those willing to step up to get the recognition and political experience should be autonomous and excited to be a part of this important wing within the region. Currently the council is seeking motivated participants and an increase in productivity. “In general, I would like to see more people work on drafting their own proposals for the WA. Overall interest in the WA in the region is simply too low.”

Low interest from our region has not stopped any of efficiency within the council, though. An accomplishment of this term has been the willingness and driven nature of the councilor’s staff as Izzy puts lightheartedly: “A few staff members have seen some growth in writing our Information for Voters threads, which I consider a success. Whenever I have to do less work, something's going right. We've also innovated and implemented a new additional dispatch format for our IFVs so that we can better reach our game-side community.” Respecting the output of the council there is always more to do and ways for Europeians to become involved heading Izzy’s resolve: “Europeians can help out by either joining the Council or by drafting their own WA proposals. Anything that helps create more activity and interest in the WA here at home helps us, and I'm sure people would love to see more proposals come out of our region. I know I certainly would.”

Europeians will find a fun avenue in getting involved with the council with the newly announced Pokémon Euro Version. Sign up soon and start collecting and evolving your Pokémon by drafting, submitting, and critiquing WA proposals! Sign up here.

A more efficient Council of World Assembly Affairs is yet another building block toward a stronger Europeia and with plenty of room for growth and those of us ready to dive in to the world of international politics need look no further. The region’s arm linking us to the rest of the world is a council fit for hardworking and self-motivated individuals ready to help bridge the gap between the world community and our own, helping advance Europeia’s influence. Communicating the wishes and recommendations of the Executive and our region’s allies is a strength not easily attained, but in doing so helps our citizens and builds a strong political nerve here in Europeia.

Nice article!! I hope this might nudge people into deepening their involvement in the WA.

Back