[Inside Government] Mid-term Senate Satisfaction Poll Results and Analysis

Mid-term Senate Satisfaction Poll
Results and Analysis

Written by Tane

From December 16 to December 18, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) ran a poll for Mid-term Senate Satisfaction. The poll received 25 respondents, two more than the End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll. This article will analyze how the senate has performed based on the respondent's opinion.

Overall Satisfaction
Overall satisfaction presented slightly higher results than the last senate’s overall approval, with 64 percent. Comments focus on the senate’s reduced activity, mentioning that “This quite possibly might be the lowest energy senate we’ve seen in years.” However, other respondents defend the senate’s activity drop by saying: “There's just not a lot to legislate. They've been proactive at dealing with the issues that arise."
1608326238433.png
Quiet but no missteps
This Senate is quite weak in their approach to almost everything. This quite possible might be the most low energy senate we’ve seen in years.
Solid Senate overall
Im not sure anything was accomplished.
I really couldn't tell you what this Senate has done. I know they've passed some bills, but I just don't care about any of them.
so quiet
didn't like the sudden "midterm" oversight when term was ending. Active Senate though
It's been a slow term but I don't think that's their fault. There's just not a lot to legislate. They've been proactive at dealing with the issues that arise.
The Senate as a whole has been okay.

Senate Speaker Lime
In his first term as a Speaker, Senator Lime receives an overall approval of 56 percent. The results show that Lime, who is a four-term Senator, has shown a satisfying performance during this term, using his experience to be active in debates and as a Speaker. However, some neutral respondents mention that, even though he "knows the laws and [...] outlines his thought process," more proactivity is expected from him. Another prominent topic was his decision of having a role in the cabinet while being a Senate speaker. Some respondents were unsatisfied because, they suggested, "he had previously indicated he wasn’t going to do so."
1608326747259.png
Overall has handled the role well with few obvious errors
He took a cabinet position after he had previously indicated he wasn’t going to do so. Disapointing
The Speaker should not be in cabinet. I wonder in the long run if this us a return to Punchwood level politics for Lime.
he's fine on his own but really needs to pick it up in terms of driving activity
I can't say that I'm satisfied with his decision to take on the role of minister on top of being a speaker.
He's active in discussions, and helped move debate forward. Quite a proactive Speaker as well, with legislative corrections and the AO.
I wanted to give him a chance, and I don't think I was wrong. He's known the laws and if there are questions, he brings them up and outlines his thought process.

Senator JayDee
With only 16 percent overall approval, Senator JayDee sees the lowest approval rating amongst the senate. An aloft disapproval of 64 percent, including 28 percent of respondents being very unsatisfied with his performance, makes JayDee the only senator to have a negative net approval rating. Comments repetitively mention that the Senator has had reduced activity during the term, even before his Leave of Absence. Not only this but his appearance in front of the High Court to defend himself after affirming he was busy has not helped with how he is regarded as a senator.
1608327579240.png
Please just resign, this waffling on your LOA is doing more harm than good for you at this point, this coupled with your inability to hear why you shouldn't be speaker just left a bad taste in my mouth after having high hopes for you.
JayDee will never stop being JayDee, that's for sure.
weird LoA drama
He has had a weird kerfuffle with this whole LoA thing. On top of that, he hasn't been the most active, even before this LoA.
While I disagreed with him on almost every issue, he was active at the start and debates and counter opinions are healthy for the Senate. His activity had died down a lot recently however, and the LoA was less than smooth.
I feel as if some basic knowledge is missing here, of Europeian law and....sovereignty? Yes, sovereignty.
doesn't know whether he's coming or going

Senator Lloenflys
Senator Lloenflys sees a staggering overall approval of 96 percent in his sixth term, with only one unsatisfied respondent. As this is not Lloenflys' first term as a Senator, his highly approved performance is no surprise. In fact, he was awarded the Order of Senatia earlier in July, when he served as Senate Speaker. As the comments say, the Senator has remained present in discussions, most recently in the debates of Removal of Declaration of Portfolios and the Election Standing Restriction Act.
1608327748838.png
Lloenflys knocked it out of the park again, the Senate is a place where he truly shines.
It's always a pleasure to see Lloenflys serve in the Senate.
Very strong Senator, although I'd like to see him engage a little bit more.

Senator SkyGreen24
The overall satisfaction for Senator SkyGreen24 was 80 percent. On one side, unsatisfied respondents mentioned that he has not been very active or contributive to the senate. However other comments from respondents say that, with such a high approval rate in his first term as a senator, it is clear that “Sky has a bright future as both a legislator and a minister.”
1608327919427.png
Sky has a bright future as both a legislator and a minister.
Doesn't seem like he wants to do much with this job.
No complaints about SkyGreen.
Sky hasn't been very active since the second week, and I'm not sure you can say he's contributed much to this Senate.

Senator Xecrio
Senator Xecrio encounters an overall satisfaction of 76 percent, with fourteen satisfied and five very satisfied respondents against four unsatisfied respondents. Xecrio was the Senator to introduce the Standing Restriction Act, which supports respondents' comments where he is recognized as a reliable and active Senator. Despite showing a majority of satisfaction, other respondents were unsatisfied with matters besides his performance in the Senate. Comments showed disapproval of the senator's decision to vote Nay on Vor's nomination for Minister of Interior.
1608328052577.png
I don't believe he should have vote Nay on Vor.
Same for Xecrio as Sky.
One of the few reliable Senators.
While he raises some interesting points, Xecrio could be engage more in discussions.

Which Senator(s) would you like to see re-elected?
The most supported senators were Lloenflys, SkyGreen, and Xecrio, with over 60 percent of respondents ready to vote for their reelection. Senator Lloenflys receives the most support with 23 votes, followed by SkyGreen with 17 votes and Xecrio with just two less. Meanwhile, Lime and JayDee receive less than 40 percent of respondents’ support with nine and three votes, respectively.
1608328210453.png

Which individual(s) not in the current Senate would you like to see elected to the 77th Senate?
Respondents' answers indicated that the individuals they want to see the most are Darkslayer, the most prominent name on the list with 5 mentions, Baobab and Siphlygon, who were mentioned four times, along with Prim and Calvin Coolidge, who were mentioned three times. Individuals like Seva, Josi, Monkey, Bronyleader, Drecq, GraVandius, Peeps, HEM, Malashaan, and Maowi were mentioned twice. Finally, Forilian, Kharn, Darcness, Olde Delaware, Koro, Hezekon, Rotasu, and Istillian had one mention each.
Prim, Forilian, Siph
Seva
Josi, Darkslayer, Baobab, Monkey
Darkslayer
Josi, Baobab, Brony
Drecq, GraV, Siph
Baobab, Monkey, Kharn
Prim, Calvin Coolidge, Rotasu, Peeps, Bronyleader
OD, Calvin, Prim, Drecq, HEM
Darcness, Malashaan, GraVandius, Maowi, Siph, Calvin, Darkslayer
darkslayer, peeps, hem
Siph >
Darkslayer, Istillian, Malashaan
Hezekon, Seva, Maowi, Baobab, Koro

Last edited:
Not only this but his appearance in front of the High Court to defend himself
JayDee is not accused of anything, he is not defending himself. An AO is not a criminal case nor a judicial review of someone's actions. He is an interested party submitting a brief on an interpretation question in front of the Court.

Well, I wasn't expecting much better. I got the result I deserved and I'm gonna own up to it. I've had a rough patch this past month, but I'm looking to turn things around in the second half.

Your first poll analysis, right? Good job, tane!!!!

It's difficult to have an outstandingly active Senate with how advanced our region is, but I thought this one was even a bit more silent than I thought it would be. In my perception, anyways, the nominations were disproportionately more active than the rest of the term, and I don't think that's good.

It's intimidating to come out with creative ideas sometimes, because the public doesn't always react very warmly to them, but I hope the second half of the term has some of that creativity and along with it some increased legislative activity in general.

Last edited:
Great analysis, Tane! :D

Let's see what the Senate gets up to in the second half!

Well, I wasn't expecting much better. I got the result I deserved and I'm gonna own up to it. I've had a rough patch this past month, but I'm looking to turn things around in the second half.
I wouldn't fret it too much, it happens to everyone at some point.

I wouldn't fret it too much, it happens to everyone at some point.
Thanks ❤️

I’ll admit, I actually intended to resign while I was on LoA, but I was driving through an area with no service so I had about four hours to think about my decision and concluded that I still had some spirit in me. I’ve got ideas and I’m almost ready to bring them forward.

Great analysis, Tane! I'm excited to see what the Senate and JayDee in particular are going to do with the rest of the term

Back