[Inside Government] Europeian Midterm Executive Satisfaction Poll - March 2022

Europeian Midterm Executive Satisfaction Poll
Poseidon, Writinglegend, Sincluda, Maowi, and PhDre

The Executive Branch is halfway through its term. The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation conducted a poll of the Europeian citizenry to gauge the satisfaction the public has with the Common-Sense Politics (CSP)/Writinglegend administration. Twenty-eight people took the poll.

Is Europeia on the Right Track?
Forms response chart. Question title: Is Europeia on the right track?. Number of responses: 28 responses.

Overall Executive Branch

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the executive branch as a whole?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
- There's a lot of dissatisfaction behind the scenes, and as an outsider I also feel like there could be better communication. Hopefully these results will give CSP and his team a lot to reflect on, improve upon, etc. Hopefully. I want this team to succeed, but I feel like CSP bit off more than he can chew and isn't adjusting to the realities of the office. He's need to lean into letting Bartlet be Bartlet.
- Has definitely been refreshing to feel some sort of momentum again.
- For as much hype as there was about this ticket (which seemed dramatically overblown to me at the time), it has been a typical administration in some ways (the lights have been kept on), below average in others (Comms!?!), and it has done well Gameside. But this hasn't been some amazing revitilization and reimagining of the executive branch as it sort of held itself out to be and as people seemed to view it. Thankfully I don't think Euro needed a savior, because this administration wouldn't have been it if it had.
- Very meh term. Some areas are strong and have been for a while now (Culture, ERN) and some areas are weak and have been for a while as well (Comms).
- This term so far has been extremely eventful. Lots of changes and progress in Interior and World Assembly Affairs especially. We have yet to see how such initiatives will work out in the long-term, but it's promising nonetheless.

Overall Satisfaction: 79%

The overall satisfaction for the Executive is higher than recent terms.

Although the numbers make it seems that people are satisfied, they comment that it is a "meh term", and that some parts are very active while others are not at all. One comment mentions that there is indeed “a lot of dissatisfaction behind the scenes” and that “CSP bit off more than he can chew.” Another comment states that, “some areas are strong and have been for a while now and some areas are weak and have been for a while as well.”

The positive comments mention that the term overall has been extremely eventful. Specifically mentioned is the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs (which just saw the passage of Commend Calvin Coolidge) and the Ministry of Interior (which is seeing excellent gameside activity). This progress is seen by another commentator as “refreshing” due to the momentum finally felt again.

President CSP

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of President Common-Sense Politics (CSP)?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
- CSP talked a big game before the election, and while we've seen very good things Gameside I have seen no real difference at all in how FA is handled, and that was something he was very, very vocal about. Where is the substantive change? Was that all talk?
- CSP is bringing so much enthusiasm and hype to everything and I love it!!!
- I had a lot of high expectations coming into this term, particularly after two back-to-back terms where poor communication and a seeming lack of progress overshadowed all other work and goals accomplished. Yet we're however many weeks in, and the communication from CSP has been...non-existent, save for one speech and a radio show appearance or two. I didn't even know until it was mentioned in passing to me that he isn't available on the weekends or half of the weekdays. I respect what he's trying to accomplish here, but how is that practical at all? He himself said on a radio show that it's a more demanding job than it was a few years ago - which he and WL both did not anticipate - and yet I haven't seen any changes made to reflect that. On one hand, you can get away with that if you have capable self-starter Ministers, but on the other, one of his Ministers is across the globe in Australia while I've heard rumblings of other Ministers being told to do "x" without caring how it's done and then being criticized by the President for doing "x" in a way that he didn't approve of. I think there's a balance between being hands-off and trusting others while also appreciating that some of your ministers may want more hands-on attention or help. You can't be hands-off while also wanting to micro-manage and know every step of the process. That isn't how delegation works. Also seems odd that he decided to have a long-running argument with the admin team in public and apparently in private, and that it started a week after the Welcoming Forum issue had been resolved. Is a subforum really that important in the grand scheme of things?
- Good at identifying issues in the executive, good at managing the cabinet.
- Has been decently active and present. Much more than I can say for his predecessor.
- Not seen him around much. Pretty meh term so far, nothing amazing nothing terrible.
- I think President CSP has done a solid job and achieved his goals of getting RMB engagement more active and getting Gameside activity happening quite a bit more. He had a pretty good solid first part of the term as President of Europeia.
- CSP is doing a lot at gameside and is very active, but I expected a bit more.
- not a lot of communication, it seems?
- His activity seems to come in waves. That's ok if the Cabinet has marching orders. Things seem to be going ok.
- CSP's administration has done an excellent job at juggling Ministers. We've seen a lot from him, and I expect we'll yet see more.

Overall Satisfaction: 75%

President CSP currently holds an overall satisfaction rate of 75%. Commentators noted that CSP, especially in comparison to his predecessor, has good activity. One commentator mentioned the “hype” he brings to every activity the Executive has, while another stated the administration has done an “excellent job at juggling Ministers”. There seems to be an overall satisfaction with how the administration has handled gameside affairs, and how the president has been a leading part in identifying issues in the Executive bureaucracy.

There were, however, a few dissatisfied poll respondents. The president’s overall dissatisfaction sat at a low 15%, but those who commented explained in some detail why they were dissatisfied. One commentator stated that the president’s communication has been “non-existent” and that he had an unproductive argument with the Admin Team regarding an Interior subforum which was “not important in the grand scheme of things." Another commentator noted the lack of foreign affairs progress by the CSP administration, despite “big talk” being taken during the election, asking [w]here is the substantive change? Was that all talk?”

Vice President Writinglegend

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Vice-President Writinglegend?. Number of responses: 27 responses.
- Supposedly he is doing things - I've seen a little bit of evidence of it but mostly to me, he seems to have disappeared.
- In light of what I just said about CSP, I'm largely disappointed in WL for not stepping up and filling in any gaps where CSP may be faltering. I don't think either of them anticipated the workload, but I largely haven't seen WL's contributions. If he is filling in those gaps, he's leaning into the stereotype/trap of the VP-ship, which is that they do a lot of work that no one sees or appreciates. Naturally, this can't be substantiated, but I've also heard wind of a feeling that he's distant and will ignore DMs from Ministers for days. And personally, I just haven't seen him around that much. We're probably more active different hours of the day, though? Hard to say, honestly.
- As a newer member I'd like them to be more present in discord
- Seems engaged in different areas.
-I think he has done what he setted out to do and made that happen really well. He had a good first part of the term as Vice-president of Europeia.
- WL is back in full force!
- Given the fiasco we faced last term, it's extraordinarily refreshing to see a VP so active and involved. WL continues to go above and beyond.

Overall Satisfaction: 74%

Vice President Writinglegend has almost the same satisfaction rating as President CSP, with 74%. His dissatisfaction rating is lower, at 7%. Despite this, the vice president currently has the lowest satisfaction rating in the Executive and he suffers from a large amount of “unsures”.

There seem to be many contradictory comments regarding the vice president’s activity, which hits on the notorious difficulty of the office in remaining visible to the Europeian public. Among those that gave positive comments, there was a theme that the vice president has been “engaged in different areas” and that he was “so active and involved” in the Executive. However, according to more negative comments, the vice president was knocked for inactivity. One commentator stated that, “I just haven’t seen him around that much,” while another commentator responded by noting, “to me, he seems to have disappeared.”

Grand Admiral Kuramia

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Grand Admiral Kuramia?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Europeian Republican Navy?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
- Seems to be pretty active.
- SUPER DOPE hope to see some more defensive action, but the ERN is SO AMAZING this term DD
- Keep up the great work so far!
- Active and very engaged. Nice to see the promotions requirements laid out and frequent updates.
- The ERN is the strongest it has ever been in Europeian history and Grand Admiral Kuramia is leading the charge with exceptional leadership and I am looking forward to see what she does next with the ERN.
- The ERN is super duper awesome term with a super duper looper minister! A lot of activity and fun!! Kura has to be Grand Admiral again next term!
- Kura and all of the officers are CRUSHING it.
- The overhauls to the Citizen Service program have proven extremely effective. I can't wait to see what else Grand Admiral Kura will do.

Overall Minister Satisfaction: 96%
Overall ERN Satisfaction: 96%

Grand Admiral Kuramia receives wide praise all around from her peers. The grand admiral currently sits at the highest minister and department satisfaction in the polls. One comment mentions that the “ERN is the strongest it has ever been in Europeian history” while another mentions the positive effect of overhauls to the Citizen Service program. Regardless, apart from a single "neutral/unsure" response, Grand Admiral Kuramia receives all A+++ from those taking the poll.

Minister of Interior Sarah

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of the Interior Sarah?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of the Interior?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
- The one thing I consistently hear this term is that Gameside is hopping.
- Outside of the odd debacle with the Welcoming subforum, and the seeming pissing match that it turned into between CSP and the admin team, things seem to be going well enough here. I will say I've only really seen the Minister doing any real promotion of the Cabinet AMAs and the RMB events, even though it's a joint-venture between Interior and Culture.
- GAMESIDE INITIATIVE IS BEAUTIFUL
- A very good term from a strong new-ishcomer to Government here!
- Not in the Ministry so unaware of how active it is.
- I have not seen any updates made by Sarah regarding the Ministry of Interior and nothing has been shared out of it. I have nothing to say about it due to no information is being shared from the Ministry as a whole. It makes sense that she could be busy with Moderator duties as well and I'll leave her the benefit of the doubt.
- Sarah is doing very great with game side activities, the welcoming committee, and poking people to recruit. The only thing that is a bit less is the communication with the rest of Europeia.
- Things are definitely moving in the right direction and Sarah is doing a fantastic job.
- Sarah is very active and eager, tackling a lot of new initiatives. I don't know how the recruiting numbers compare to last term, but things seem active!

Overall Minister Satisfaction: 93%
Overall Ministry Satisfaction: 86%

As we saw in the midterm address, the numbers for recruitment telegrams are almost always above 3600 a week. Gameside engagement efforts are bringing a lot of activity into the Regional Message Board (RMB). The welcoming of nations seems to be going very well as Interior has already greeted almost 200 hundred nations. The commentators in the poll widely praise the work of Interior and Minister Sarah in increasing gameside activity. This widespread positive is what causes Sarah to have a 93% overall satisfaction rating.

The department satisfaction remains seven points lower than the minister satisfaction. This may be due to a perceived lack of external communication of Interior results with the general Europeian public. One commentator states that they have “nothing to say about it due to no information [sic] being shared from the Ministry as a whole."

Minister of World Assembly Affairs Gem

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of World Assembly Affairs Gem?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
- Seems like things have been very study, I haven't heard complaints.
- Some IFVs weren’t posted gameside, and forum activity is low. Stuff gets done, but it gets done in WALL which is driven by a couple people, mostly TNP anyway. Hope that we stop missing discussion threads and IFVs in the future.
- Haven't really been paying attention to the WAA Ministry, but I imagine they can still take some credit for Commend Calvin (though that process was started by Inishmaan before this term). I'm not too concerned about Gem as both a Senator and Minister, though his response to questions about the oversight threads was...confusing. If there is an issue that warrants Senate oversight, I am curious how Gem would approach that.
- When it comes to the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, Gem seems to be more of a behind-the-scenes sort of manager. This approach seems to be working well, however, because aside from a slight lull in ministry activity, there's been fantastic progress in Heroes of Valhalla, Pokémon Euro Version, and Discussion Thread activity. The first is an incredible development, with Commend Calvin Coolidge almost certain to pass at the time of writing.
- Gem is great, but I can't help wondering why we even still have MoWAA. WALL seems to be doing almost everything, so I feel like we could have the same result if the delegate just posted a thread for each resolution, included the WALL IFV, and then people can debate it if they have any specific issues.
- Minister Gem has continued with GC's (Greater Cesnica's) work and he has been doing a good job of it as being Minister of WAA.
- Gem seems to be doing well, just like his predecessors.
- Gem has been a strong presence inside WALL. His MoWAA has been underwhelming at best.
- While IVFs have been coming out and there are discussions in the Ministry, basically all the work is being done by Gem and Sincluda. Aside from the high risk of burnout this is also preventing others from learning and progressing in the ministry. There doesn't seem to be an opportunities for ministry members to write and IVF or to lead a discussion. This is disappointing as MoWAA has for a long time now been an excellent Ministry for staff to be actively involved and leading the ministry.

Overall Minister Satisfaction: 86%
Overall Ministry Satisfaction: 79%

Minister of World Assembly Affairs Gem receives mostly positive reviews, although the department itself is at the Executive average for satisfaction.

Positive comments note that Gem has had a strong presence in the ministry, especially within the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL). One commentator notes that, “there's been fantastic progress in Heroes of Valhalla, Pokémon Euro Version, and Discussion Thread activity." A few comments also praise the ministry for getting Commend Calvin Coolidge passed, as this is the first Heroes of Valhalla proposal to pass since the introduction of the program late last year.

There are a few comments that bring up concerns with the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs. Most of these comments question why we have the ministry, when most work comes from within WALL. “WALL seems to be doing almost everything,” one person states. “Stuff gets done, but it gets done in WALL which is driven by a couple people, mostly TNP anyway,” another commentator states.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Istillian

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Foreign Affairs Istillian?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
- From where I stand, Istillian is trying to do something, but I've seen no evidence this administration is doing anything with FA that's any different from what other administration's have done and if Istillian is receiving guidance for where to direct his focus it has not flowed down to others in FA. I like his attempts to engage the people in the ministry, but that's window dressing for a ministry that we were promised was going do more than in the past. I'm giving him a Satisfied rating because it's not his fault - the administration, however, has fallen down and not delivered on its FA promises.
- Seems to be running things fine, from halfway across the world. I suppose the MoFA is doing something right if we don't have public fires to put out. I did notice a recent denial of an application for embassies from Brother of Malice. Curious what that's about! Interesting that Istillian denied the application and the President re-affirmed that decision in the same thread.
- Ambassador Check-In tasks are fantastic!!
- Good engagement with staff and providing them with activities to work on.
- I have no comment on it due to not me following what the Ministry of FA has been doing.
- Don't know much, so no comment
- Good work from Ist. I hope we get an update soon.
- Minister Istillian continues the pattern of rather uneventful terms for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. That's far from a bad thing, however, as the MoFA is a pivotal position, and when things stop being boring, it usually means something bad has happened.

Overall Minister Satisfaction: 86%
Overall Ministry Satisfaction: 75%

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a below average department satisfaction, although Minister of Foreign Affairs Istillian himself has generally positive ratings and is shielded from some of these reviews.

Istillian is viewed as actively doing his job, although persistent concerns remain with the transparency of the work within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. “Minister Istillian continues the pattern of rather uneventful terms for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,” one states. “If Istillian is receiving guidance for where to direct his focus it has not flowed down to others in FA,” another commented.

The minister himself might be shielded from these departmental numbers, because some of the negativity towards the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has seeped upwards towards the president and vice president. One commentator states, ”I'm giving him a Satisfied rating because it's not his fault - the administration, however, has fallen down and not delivered on its FA promises.”

The minister himself is commended by a few for his ambassador check-in assignments, which have proven to be “good engagement with staff."

Minister of Culture Sanjurika

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Culture Sanjurika?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Culture?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
- I guess it's been ok?
- Founding Day was great!!!
- I said earlier that I've seen the Minister of Interior doing a lot of the promoting with the RMB events, and I think Sanju or his staff could be more proactive there. There's the tricky maguffin that is forum festivals, too. I think Euro15 was a bit of a let-down, but is that entirely Culture's fault? Forum-based festivals have been getting the short end of the stick with the rise of Discord and Radio, both of which can offer more interesting and more spontaneous events, games, etc. to celebrate a marquee event instead of the forums. We need to rethink our approach there, or just scrap forum-based festivals as a concept entirely since they usually devolve into two or three threads (introduce yourself, random spam game, etc.) and a few speeches.
- Founding Day was phenomenal!
- Definitely the weakest Ministry so far. Doesn’t seem like there’s been much just yet, but perhaps I’m missing something!
- Slaying it as per.
- I can tell by the activity of the Ministry of Culture that quite a bit of promising of newcomers have joined the Ministry and it has been great for it. Sanjurika has stepped up his activity and it is paying off for him. I am now happy what he has done for the Ministry then from last term. The events and festivals have been really good and big props to the Ministry of Culture.
- Founding day is and was super awesome!!
- Sanju is doing ok, things can be a bit scattered. However, despite dragging a bit, the 15th anniversary has had many very nice speeches and is overall a good event!
- We've seen Minister Sanjurika delegate more tasks to Deputy Ministers and ministry staffers as of late, and it seems to be working very well. There's been several absolutely event-packed holidays, and I can't wait to see what Republic Day 2022 will bring.

Overall Minister Satisfaction: 82%
Overall Ministry Satisfaction: 82%

The minister and department of Culture receive similarly strong reviews.

A few commentators note the success of founding day, calling it “amazing” and a “success." Some believe the success of this term may also be due to Sanjurika changing up his leadership style a little bit. One individual commented that, ”we've seen Minister Sanjurika delegate more tasks to Deputy Ministers and ministry staffers as of late, and it seems to be working very well.” Overall, Sanjurika receives high praise for the events Culture has put out and the ministry itself receives a lot of praise off of the backbone of the high profile fifteenth anniversary event.

The comments that were critical of the ministry mentioned that things can sometimes be “scattered," that the ministry isn’t doing enough to promote RMB events with Interior, and that forum-side festivals are just not very successful and need to be re-thought.

Minister of Radio Calvin Coolidge

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Radio Calvin Coolidge?. Number of responses: 27 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Radio?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
A lot seems to be happening here.
Radio is always on the right track when there's a competent and engaged Minister at the helm, and Calvin also takes pride in the product he's putting out while being more hands-on in general.
Radio continued to run itself. Absolutely killing it
An excellent performance once again.
Radio seems to have slowed down quite a bit recently which is unfortunate to see.
There has been some average shows and not much things have been stood out this first part of the term for me from the Ministry of Radio.
A lot of activity, I enjoy listening!
not a lot of content this term
no
Calvin doing Calvin things (i.e. good job).
Maybe a little less output than we've seen in the past, but it's definitely shaping up to be a great term for Calvin so far.

Overall Minister Satisfaction: 85%
Overall Ministry Satisfaction: 86%

Minister of Radio Calvin Coolidge (Calvin) comes out of this Executive poll with a very solid outing.

Many comment along the lines that this is “Calvin doing Calvin things." Calvin has been a long-time successful minister in a number of different departments and is coming off of two successful terms as minister of interior. That success has carried over to a new department in the Ministry of Radio. One commenter notes that, ”Radio is always on the right track when there is a competent and engaged minister at the helm.”

Some commenters note that some shows have been “average” with nothing really standing out from the first half of the term. Another comment mentions that there has been “less output than we’ve seen in the past,” although this same individual mentions that it is nevertheless shaping up to be a great term for Calvin so far.

Minister of Communications Pathoal

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Communications nominee Pathoal?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Communications?. Number of responses: 28 responses.
Gotta see how he performs.
Too early to say for Pathoal
Comms seems to be humming along, even after Pichto's resignation. I was worried we'd have a hiccup with the week-long gap in leadership, but those worries were allayed. I do think it's silly to ask us to rate Pathoal when he only got confirmed a day or so ago, though.
Pathoal has been good for the few days he’s been in. I actually think he can turn things around, especially since there’s actually some staff willing to work.
I'm waiting to see how they do in this role, and I hope they succeed. If not then I think we need to be looking at a highly experienced and competent previous MinComm to help the ministry get back on track.
I have not seen as much EBC articles shared as I would like to see and I have seen a little bit of movement made by Pathaol to generate ideas for the Ministry and I give respect to him for doing that. Overall, a pretty underwhelming first part of the term for him from the previous term of before of Sincluda being Minister of Communcations.
no
Not enough data on Path yet, but hopefully he turns things around!
As far as I can tell, Pathoal has done nothing of note thus far. It'd be premature to pass judgement on his performance.

Overall Ministry Satisfaction: 46%

The Ministry of Communications comes out of this poll with the lowest ministry satisfaction by a wide margin. The minister, newly confirmed Pathaol, comes out with mostly “unsure” as he was just confirmed to the role prior to the release of this poll.

This is another consecutive term where the Ministry of Communications seems to have suffered greatly. For a while now, the ministry has not been viewed as “being on track” and the performance of the ministry in the first half of this term has not changed the minds of the public. The numbers of the ministry may also be harmed by the resignation of Minister of Communications Pichtonia, which left a leadership void for approximately a week.

Time will tell if Pathoal and the administration can right the ship with the Ministry of Communications, but it is likely the progress of this ministry will continue to be of public concern in the public eye moving forward.

Attorney General Monkey

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Attorney General Monkey?. Number of responses: 27 responses.
I don't think the AG has a lot else to do these days so I would have expected the AG to give the Executive's thoughts on a court case when invited to do so by the Court. I was kind of surprised that didn't happen here. Maybe that was CSP big-footing Monkey and maybe that was Monkey making the decision independently but in any case it was a bad decision because if nothing else the Executive could have gotten its view of law out in front of the people. Instead it looked like the Executive didn't care and was farming out the defense of the region's laws and prerogatives to Malashaan.
I mean, no news is good news? I'm neutral here, if only because I don't quite understand the various deeper legal criticisms of Monkey's term as AG and his positions on various major discussions and court cases.
It’s AG, we never see much
He doesn't appear to know Euro law well.
I have not seen AG Monkey doing anything really. No comment on him.
What does Monkey do?
I don't doubt Monkey has the qualifications for it but it's become a different position now that it doesn't really do much since there's no MoJ. Not that that's necessarily bad it's just that I can't really talk about performance satisfaction since I haven't seen much performance.
no
Hasn't really made much of a splash on any of the recent Court cases where it may have made sense for him/the exec to get involved.
It's the AG, when does anything ever happen?

Overall AG Satisfaction: 63% Unsure

The attorney general has received mostly “unsure” comments, and most of the individuals commenting on the poll note that the public just “never sees much” of the position of the attorney general. It seems as if the public has very little idea on what the attorney general is actually doing day-to-day; this issue may be magnified by the loss of the Ministry of Justice.

A few commenters view it as a concern that the attorney general did not make a “splash” in any of the recent court cases. Two commenters view this as a confusing decision and believe that it made sense for the Executive to get involved. One went as far to say that it, “it looked like the Executive didn’t care.”

Cabinet Next Term and Presidential Election Re-Vote

Forms response chart. Question title: Which Cabinet Ministers (including the Attorney General, NOT including the DEIA) would you like to see return next term?. Number of responses: 26 responses.
Comms - Sincluda
Run it back with Calvin. See if Kura wants to be GA again, but maybe there's someone ready to step up. No opinion on Gem, Ist, Monkey in their respective roles, truth be told. Sarah as Interior seems a no-brainer. Sanjurika should get another shot at Culture, but I mainly want to see if there will be any personal growth in the leadership role and how he'd do under a different leadership style.
Malashaan for AG Monkey for MoFA
Kura at GA, Sarah as MoI, Seva at MoWAA, Istillian at FA, Sincluda at Culture, Calvin at Radio, and Lloen or Dark as AG.
Kuramia - Radio, Mal - AG, UPC - Interior, PA - WAA, Sincluda - Culture
Lime - Comms/Radio. PA - WAA
UPC - Grand Admiral. Calvin Coolidge - Minister of Interior. Poseidon - Minister of Culture. Darkslayer - Attorney General. Lleonflys - Minister of Foreign Affairs. Istillian - Minister of Communications. Cove - Minister of Radio. Gem - Minister of WAA.
Sarah in Interior for sure! Kura as GA that is an absolut no brain needed choice. Sincluda for Culture
Istillian as GA but then he resigns and UPC is nominated, Darkslayer as Minister of Culture, Sincluda in WAA
Sanjurika as minister of culture. No other comments.
I think Istillian would make a fantastic Minister of Radio, if Gem doesn't return as Minister of World Assembly Affairs, I think he'd do great as Minister of Culture, and perhaps a bit out of left field, but I think Greater Cesnica would make a great Minister of Interior.

Final Analysis

The Executive has secured high marks across the board, with only some room for improvement. Voters are clearly uninterested in relitigating the last Presidential election, as the CSP/Writinglegend ticket would trounce Darcness/Pichtonia. At least some of this strength comes from the relative inactivity of the defeated ticket so far this term, as Pichtonia had to resign as minister of communications. Voters also appear keen to support a number of ministers for a second term, suggesting that the CSP/Writinglegend ticket could successfully defend the Goldenblock in the forthcoming Presidential Election.

One concern for CSP and Writinglegend must be that their satisfaction ratings came in beneath six of their Cabinet ministers - perhaps voters are not connecting success at the ministry level to the administration. One theme from respondents' comments was a desire for additional communication. The administration will surely look to improve here, as the Ministry of Communications was a clear drag on sentiment, and perhaps was responsible for the relative weak CSP/Writinglegend ratings. Only 46% of respondents had a positive view of the Ministry of Communications, and voters were largely unsure of what to make of the new minister's performance. In the second half of the term, look for the administration to take additional measures to ensure that voters are seeing activity and productivity within the Ministry of Communications. Additional effort here could pay dividends for an administration in a strong position to make a play for a second term.

Last edited:
Great analysis everyone! Congrats to Poseidon on his first article!

I think these numbers are really good, definitely a turnaround from last term. I do want to push back on Interior "not communicating with the region" because I have no idea what else Interior can do to be more visible. Check the ministry subforums and the RMB and the recruitment tallies, people!

Fwiw, I think I've tried to make it pretty clear what I would be focusing on, based on my senate confirmation and CSP's platform!

Although, now that the MoJ is no longer -- I am a little surprised as to why this question is on this form in the first place -- it seems difficult to evaluate an individual based on nebulous goals....

I do want to clarify that CSP and I discuss every court case that comes up, if that answers any of the comments expressed in the poll. I also realize that I'm not a Malashaan, or Lloenflys, Dark, or Drecq (i.e. someone that has either gone to law school or is going), but I appreciate everyone's patience as I take the time to grow in the role and improve!

Lastly, I've posted a (late) midterm update! It's brief, but I hope everyone that is ??? about what the AG is doing takes the time to read it!

You're not wrong -- the AG position is tough for the public to judge. Most of the job was behind the scenes, in DMs, and this was even when we had the MoJ.

The only time the AG really stands out is during a prosecutorial court case.

I don't really know what is going on with the AG, but if CSP hasn't fired you, then you must be counseling him fine enough, so that's fine enough for me. That's my take on where the AG positions stands regarding polling. Don't let the "unsure"s get you down too much, it's a hard position to be popular in, and now even harder without Law Clerks.

Definitely a problem my precursors know well :p

I’ll admit that with legal training there’s definitely less to take on — but I also think there are small opportunities I can work on as well, hoping to get that going the second half of the term. Stay tuned y’all!

Sad to see me not get picked for a Cabinet spot but I have to get Sopo the Power Player win somehow

I can't speak for how most Presidents have used the AG, but I know that for at least some Executives, including myself, we would discuss with the AG any pending laws to be signed or vetoed. Similarly, proclamations, decrees, E.O.s, or other missives from the Executive might see the President asking the AG to look over to make sure there was no legal mine field as a potential consequence.

Unfortunately, while the position can be important/useful to the President, it's not a particularly visible role to the public.

I do want to push back on Interior "not communicating with the region" because I have no idea what else Interior can do to be more visible. Check the ministry subforums and the RMB and the recruitment tallies, people!
I thought this was an interesting point, because I do remember when I was taking the poll the thought did cross my mind that I didn't really know what was going on with Interior on the recruitment side of things (gameside efforts were great and definitely very visible so that part was not an issue). It wasn't a concern for me because population seemed to be doing well but because of the way manual recruitment works it's difficult to tell what a minister is or isn't doing in that area. This poll was opened before the Interior midterm address or the Sequence recruiting game thread were posted, which were both extremely helpful in demonstrating activity (and the latter will continue to be going forward) so I can see why at the time of taking the poll some people thought there wasn't much communication in that aspect. I'd also be surprised if a lot of people still have those concerns now!

I do want to push back on Interior "not communicating with the region" because I have no idea what else Interior can do to be more visible. Check the ministry subforums and the RMB and the recruitment tallies, people!
I thought this was an interesting point, because I do remember when I was taking the poll the thought did cross my mind that I didn't really know what was going on with Interior on the recruitment side of things (gameside efforts were great and definitely very visible so that part was not an issue). It wasn't a concern for me because population seemed to be doing well but because of the way manual recruitment works it's difficult to tell what a minister is or isn't doing in that area. This poll was opened before the Interior midterm address or the Sequence recruiting game thread were posted, which were both extremely helpful in demonstrating activity (and the latter will continue to be going forward) so I can see why at the time of taking the poll some people thought there wasn't much communication in that aspect. I'd also be surprised if a lot of people still have those concerns now!
The time the poll was made was definitely a fair point!

But I was also thinking more along the lines of - does Interior really need to be visible? Of course midterm addresses help (and so do games but they are more important for recruiting numbers than for visibility) but should there be anything else?

I feel like if Comms or WA or Radio or the ERN is invisible then we can conclude they're not doing well but with Interior the only metrics are recruitment and integration (and the latter is happening more on the RMB recently as you said)... and I don't see what else Interior can do apart from more addresses.

I do think that one thing that would help is making the recruitment reports public. I kinda assumed that in my original post but I dont think they are. That way people can observe both integration and recruitment themselves.

I think it might be good for the link to the recruitment records to be shared somewhere public because iirc they are only linked in Interior staff areas. I also remember at some point the minister used to post weekly recruitment tallies and have a mini prize for "recruiter of the week", which served the dual purpose of motivating recruiters and showing the public what was going on, as well as highlighting the hard work of individuals in a ministry that is generally not very public-facing. I think it died down as the mini prizes got somewhat repetitive and stopped working so well at motivating recruiters, as well as the shift in focus from sheer numbers to more efficient recruiting, but I quite liked having that weekly update on recruitment.

- For as much hype as there was about this ticket (which seemed dramatically overblown to me at the time), it has been a typical administration in some ways (the lights have been kept on), below average in others (Comms!?!), and it has done well Gameside. But this hasn't been some amazing revitilization and reimagining of the executive branch as it sort of held itself out to be and as people seemed to view it. Thankfully I don't think Euro needed a savior, because this administration wouldn't have been it if it had.
- His activity seems to come in waves. That's ok if the Cabinet has marching orders. Things seem to be going ok.
I think these two comments are a good launching board for my mixed feelings about this administration. I would have highlighted my own comments, which I think are fair and balanced, but that would just seem like I'm using my own sources to back up my own argument. :p

On one hand, I felt like Europeia was promised a lot with this ticket - after all, they won with 70.8% of the vote! - and some of the goals are clearly on their way to being accomplished while we're falling short in other areas. From talking to people about this in private, including some Ministers and others that are "in the know," there seems to be a sense that the ministers are carrying more of this term than the President himself, by being somewhat proactive when the President has more limited activity during most of the weekdays and weekends. Delegation is good if it works, but I worry about minister burnout and any goals/projects this Administration wants to accomplish that may require a more hands-on approach (or Foreign Affairs, which seems like a 24/7 job every term for both the Foreign Affairs Minister and the President and/or Vice President). I suppose the numbers above support that, since there are satisfaction rating differences of 7% (at the lowest) to 21% (at the highest) compared to CSP's satisfaction rating of 75% (with only the "core" ministries - I'm not including Pathoal's ridiculous 46% rating since that just seems unfair to someone who had *just* been confirmed during this poll's roll-out). I also think communication could be better with the public, but I imagine (hope?) that will improve once CSP settles into his move IRL and gets into a better routine with more free time on his hands.

On the other hand, I'm aware that my sources are second- and third-hand, and there's going to be obvious bias there if a Minister is slightly dissatisfied with their boss. I'm also aware that it's a smaller bubble of people - let's say 7 people at the most? - which is certainly not the majority of our politically-involved players, and this will lend itself to group-think and confirmation bias. It doesn't help if I factor in that I consider some of them friends, or if I factor in my own personal feelings with some of the current Administration. We all have bias, is my point. I thought the numbers would be a bit lower across the board, but c'est la vie.

To be clear, I want this team to succeed. I think we're in a much better position this term compared to the last few administrations, and I think we'd all vote for this ticket again if the elections had to be replayed with the same tickets. But there's certainly room for improvement, as well.

Turnt results for a turnt team! I’ll have some hot takes that are sure to irritate some of you in the EBC after the real work of this week is in a good place!

Turnt results for a turnt team! I’ll have some hot takes that are sure to irritate some of you in the EBC after the real work of this week is in a good place!
Why would your takes irritate the EBC aka essentially your employees? 😂

one of his Ministers is across the globe in Australia
I hope this person realizes that CSP and Istillian do not in fact communicate via homing pigeon, but rather the DMs/Tomlinson
but I largely haven't seen WL's contributions
I'd say he did a lot, I was particularly impressed by his effort during the UCR Con preparation
and the seeming pissing match that it turned into between CSP and the admin team
I feel like this has been blown out of proportion. The admins had one idea CSP/Sarah had another, it's hardly a noteworthy factor.

I think this was a pretty good half-term. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the second half. Also great collaborative effort from all the authors!

I think you've misunderstood my meaning, sweet Lethen. My comments will be in the EBC. Those annoyed by them may or may not be.

I think you've misunderstood my meaning, sweet Lethen. My comments will be in the EBC. Those annoyed by them may or may not be.
Re-reading it, I can see that meaning. I'd say it's a missing comma or odd syntax, but I think I just read it wrong. Doh.

Back